Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 81

Author Topic: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]  (Read 105591 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]
« Reply #855 on: January 21, 2019, 01:34:03 pm »

I've never watched that one, no doubt partially due to a distaste for 3D animation. Like, gross.

Main highlights: Padme does more stuff to try and stall the inevitable rise of the Empire and broker peace with the CIS. Anakin gets an actual gradual decline from hotheaded hero to being pretty ruthless. Obi-Wan is a sarcastic quiplord with a more fleshed out personality and a tragic character arc. Darth Maul comes back and is pretty cool though rather OTT at times. Sadistic Palpatine comes out to play a few times. The Confederacy is fleshed out so it's not entirely maniacal idiots, though it is still run largely by maniacal idiots. The conflict within the Republic about the war is explored a bit, as well as anti-Jedi sentiment. Clones with actual distinct personalities and emotional moments. Star Wars Vietnam was a thing.

C3-P0 gets tortured.  :D

Bad stuff: Jar Jar is still in it, and he looks even more terrible than normal. Droid humour usually falls flat. Lots of jumping the shark moments. Names are often very silly, but hey, that's Star Wars for you. It's rare for a battle to hold tension unless it involves one of the few characters you know can actually die before the Empire rises, which basically means clones and non-movie Jedi. Grievous is horribly incompetent compared to most depictions, including the movie version.

The entire first season.  :(
I enjoyed the Clone Wars cartoon but at some point I had to stop watching it because I knew the end and it made it really hard to care about anything.  What's really frustrating to me about the Clone Wars story as a whole is that the ending has almost nothing to do with the war or the actions of the characters.  The droids don't matter because they're soulless*, the clones aren't soulless but IIRC because of genetic engineering they're basically predestined to die young and childless**, so within a decade or two there will be no evidence that they ever existed.  The overarching plot of the prequels seems to be that Palpatine set himself up to be in charge of both sides so that whichever one wins, he ends up ruling the galaxy.   We know nearly all the Jedi die.  Its like... it doesn't matter who lives or dies, it doesn't matter who wins.  Its such a shame because the show is well made but the inevitable ending sapped away all my enthusiasm.

*the first movie seemed to imply that they weren't droids as previously defined in the Star Wars universe, more like really violent RC cars

**episode 2 implied the reason Jango agreed to the cloning was because he was infertile
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:18 pm »

I dont remember aything about Jango being infertile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 21, 2019, 02:09:14 pm »

The sheer volume of utterly ridiculous social media theory-mongering being done by Disney leaves me little hope for future movies.

It says to me that their goal is to simply stir people up into enough of a froth that they make money on opening week. That way they don't have to create anything of substance, and they already have your money.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 21, 2019, 02:20:19 pm »

I dont remember aything about Jango being infertile

There's also a clone who has biological children in Clone Wars.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2019, 03:24:23 pm »

The trailer for STAR WARS: ALL POSSIBLE PLOT TWISTS ARE REVEALED IN THE TITLE, has happened.
Link: https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

Discuss.

Before I get negative on it though, Lando is back, and Billy Dee is playing him. Woop woop!!!

EDIT: To be clear, the teaser has the following things tha I find (hilariously?) awesome.
Spoiler: Actual spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 03:40:51 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 12, 2019, 03:38:25 pm »

Well, it's helpful that you didn't link the trailer or actually say what the title is.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 12, 2019, 03:39:48 pm »

Wow tho, you right. Added a link. Title not included for dramatic effect.

Also I made like 50 sudden edits after posting and I'm sorry for being a terrible human being.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 12, 2019, 03:48:21 pm »

I watched at 1.75 speed so I didn't understand everything that was said but it probably doesn't matter and also it made Rey running look very silly.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 12, 2019, 04:42:10 pm »

Frankly, the only thing that matters in the trailer is a very specific sound at the very end.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2019, 06:06:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2019, 06:21:05 pm »

Goooooood
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2019, 06:33:53 pm »

I'm actually not sure how I feel about "The sound at the end".

He's dead. Like, super dead. The stories in the EU where he returns via any method whatsoever are considered to be... well, sort of terrible. Like the Star Trek Insurrection of the EU. Don't get me wrong he's basically my favorite, but I feel like this could be very easily mishandled, or just a ploy to increase FAN SERVICE REVENUE RATING.

Also at what point do we start talking openly about it XD

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2019, 06:47:51 pm »

He's dead. Like, super dead. The stories in the EU where he returns via any method whatsoever are considered to be... well, sort of terrible. Like the Star Trek Insurrection of the EU. Don't get me wrong he's basically my favorite, but I feel like this could be very easily mishandled, or just a ploy to increase FAN SERVICE REVENUE RATING.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2019, 06:52:26 pm »

Its not like they haven't had sound clips calling back to the OT in teaser trailers before.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2019, 07:04:27 pm »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 07:09:08 pm by Dunamisdeos »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 81