Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: The Monster Master Guild  (Read 5037 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: The Monster Masher Guild
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2017, 10:51:46 pm »

I Study my ghost and praise him for being the best monster to join us!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Monster Master Guild
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2017, 01:30:18 am »

I wish to appraise Barrel Ghost thoroughly and then talk to everyone I can get to stay in one place long enough.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2017, 02:32:23 pm »

John and Selaphiel go over to the library section of the guild hall to read up on ghost type monsters.

There they get down the book on undead type monsters from the top shelf in the back of the library.

They begin reading from Gyzalblick's Big Book of Boos and Spooks: Undead monsters are fairly rare in comparison to most types of monsters. While some undead can be found in most locations, they will be the vast minority of monsters. Only in places like graveyards, holy and unholy sites, undisturbed locations, and places of great tragedy do they become the majority of monsters. The first undead monster ever recorded was Yulk the Returned. Killed on a great quest, the hero refused to let even death prevent its completion... You skim a bit looking for information on your specific ghosts. Thousands were killed in the fire and resulted in the high prevalence of fire skeletons in the area... In case of zombie apocalypse do not...... Ectoplasm is typically used to increase the stats of undead monsters, it can be collected from a variety of sources, namely powerful undead....... break the seal..... Ghosts as monster companions! Finally you found something useful. Ghosts make for strategic monster companions. Unlike zombies which have high defenses, or skeletons and ghouls with powerful offense, ghost subspecies undead bring a host of status effects to the table. A clever master will make good use of these in combat to control the battlefield and weaken enemies. Most notably, the spell curse is almost completely unique to the ghost subfamily. This unique spell reduces an enemy's strength by half and speed to 1 for three turns. They are also quite capable of casting confusion,
silence, weaken, trip, lick, and in some cases, terrorize! Furthermore, ghosts are mostly ethereal giving them the ability to pass through walls given sufficient time to prepare and concentrate. In battle this is extremely useful as it gives them the ability to cast intangibility on themselves. Ghosts tend to be highly emotional companions. They are often the restless spirit of a human or monster who cannot find peace. As a result ghosts can form strong emotional bonds to their masters.....
The book continues onto a section about the zombie subfamily and you stop reading.

As you put away Gyzalblick's Big Book of Boos and Spooks the monster in the corner turns to you. "If you're looking to see what kind of abilities your monster has, I can be of service. For 5 gold I can identity every spell your monster currently can use, as well as all they have the potential to use.

Tario heads over to talk to the gentlemaster with the werewolf. He is sitting with another master and both are wearing the uniform of an official monster master of the kingdom of Frarbaal. They're more like soldiers, city guards, and work for the kingdom. Its a possibility that you would have ended up working for one of the kingdoms at some point in your career as a master, its a lot easier than freelance and pays better. You walk up to the master and inquire about steroids and the strength of his monster. He looks dumbstruck for a moment, turns to his companion, and the two crack up laughing. "Sorry greenfoot, but no. While there are some items out there in the world which can increase specific monster stats, there's no replacement for training and combat experience. If you're interested in getting stronger, there is a dojo through that door next to the library. The master then waves you off and chuckles as he eats his bisonbird eggs. Ash, who was nearby, hears this and goes with Tario over to the dojo. There they find a giant man inside, he looks an awful lot like the bartender and is equally as large.

The room is incredibly warm, and beads of sweat begin to roll down your race the moment you enter. The behemoth of a man seems unphased, and despite the towel around his neck, without a single drop of sweat anywhere on his body. The giant man speaks in a gruff voice. "You come to become stronger? I train speed. I train strength. 5 gold each. You want to learn new ability? I teach too. You want to get smarter or learn no spell? That's not my job. Old man job that is." While the giant speaks in his deep and surly voice, you notice your two monsters have wandered off somewhere! They likely went out back to get some fresh air or something.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »

Eh.

Go and get Heartache identified.

By the way, Ectoplasm is good for undead upgrades.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2017, 04:46:39 pm »

Okay, yeah, I'm definitely going to get my Barrel Ghost identified.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:11:22 pm by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Monster Masher Guild
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2017, 05:06:57 pm »

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2017, 06:59:13 pm »

Ashe and Tario follow their monsters outside only to see Heartache be attacked by a hungry bird type monster! Whats worse, it seems that monster has a master!

(Still waiting on Abe and SC777 and of course SMs now to do full actions, but rp and all that is all good).

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2017, 07:15:05 pm »

Why the hell is there a corn-monster?, umm run up to it and bring it some jerky in a attempt of forced domestication?

Retcon Action Go!; Go back to Muscle Man Trainer and ask him for the gold price of teaching my Pea-Pod Fracture, the ability for him to break the bones of enemy monsters.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:22:25 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2017, 07:30:36 pm »

I Feed my ghost some ectoplasm, then Wander off, ADVENTURE WITHOUT EVERYONE ELSE!!!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2017, 07:31:58 pm »

Stop the bird from idiocy.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2017, 07:32:29 pm »

Stop my bird. Then introduce myself.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2017, 04:43:12 pm »

William and Ash work together to calm their monsters and avoid an all our brawl. The horrified corn monster stares on in horror, certain its going to be devoured regardless of the outcome here. It hides while his master is hungry, for he fears his master's ravenous appetite more so than any enemy. It quietly monologs its life story over to the side as you go about your business. Its actually rather dramatic, but you pay it no mind. Moments later Gramps comes outside and tells you that Will will be joining your team because he has experiance with demon type monsters and will be able to aid you on your journey. The corn monster falls to its knees as it finishes its soliloquy, and Will joins the party!

Tario returns with Pea-pod to Ryook the Trainer. "I Ryook the Trainer, know many many things about breaking bones. I break bones for charity, and also as a hobby. Quite good at the breaking the bones. I can try to teach Pea-pod to break bones, though it may not work out exactly as you described. If this is acceptable, 5 gold.

John gives ghost some ectoplasm and the ghost seems to glow slightly more and even seems more real. Some of its stats have increased! John then wanders off by himself to go on an adventure! He wanders south towards the first location on first location he got from Gereyhmia wanders aimlessly and without purpose or regard for how deep he's plunging into the woods. Among the trees John gets horribly horribly lost! Hopefully he can work his way back out of the woods, or his party members will have to come find him.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2017, 05:21:09 pm »

Heartache still needs to be identified.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2017, 05:57:44 pm »

In between doing the other things, stuff some ectoplasm into barrel ghost.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2017, 06:23:29 pm »

>Wander around looking for monsters.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8