Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The Monster Master Guild  (Read 5044 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Monster Master Guild
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2017, 12:13:40 am »

Two rats have knocked over a crate and 3 Ancient Jerky lay across the floor. The rats each eat one and seem much much friendlier towards you all of a sudden

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2017, 12:35:20 am »

The battle continues! Tackles and poison from both Toad and Eggy deal another 7 damage. The monster's stun immunity wears off! It assults the two of you with its stretchy gross arteries, dealing 3 damage to each of you! It takes 3 poison damage. Red Ash looks around for more jerky, but Selaphiel points out that those rats from earlier ate them. Perhaps there's more in some of these barrels?

John realizes that he doesn't know anything about his unnamed ghost friend. Just telling him to do something spooky seemed to be ok though, as your ghost phased through the rat and dealing 1 damage and inflicting it with confusion! The rat attacks the ghost for 2 damage! The unnamed beanalk entangles the skelleton in vines right before the skelliton can attack! The undead bag of bones struggles against its bindings.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2017, 12:39:46 am »

EGG DANCE
Meanwhile I will help Ash look through the crates and barrels.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2017, 12:46:13 am »

Pummle Tackle that Spooky Skely to oblivion

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Monster Masher Guild
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2017, 06:54:55 am »

And that seems to mark the time period after which poison would wear off. Reapply.
And yes, let's try to get some more jerky.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2017, 07:39:49 am »

NOW THE SKELETON!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2017, 02:54:28 pm »

Ash and Selaphiel beging rapidly going through barrels. They manage to get through three or so barrels and find two healing herbs, four jerky and ten gold coins. Upon opening the fourth barrel a ghost pops out! Ghost barrel! "StoOOOOooooOOOp! wails the barrel ghost, "HuuuuUUUUUUuuumans killed us lOooooooOOoooong agoOOOoooo noOOOoooow it is your turn toOoooOo die at ooOOoooour hands!" The ghost then wiggles about, but it seems pretty attached to that barrel. You could probably take it in a fight even without your monsters, though, you may be able to just walk around it and it not be able to chase you since it can't really move the barrel. Hell you could even try and talk to it if you want. It's more surprised to see you than you are to see it.

The battle against the giant heart creature rages onwards, and finally comes to a close. Eggy dances, stunning the creature once again, and Toad poisons the creature. In its stunned state the heart didn't realize it was being poisoned so badly and it begins convulsing and collapses. Victory is yours! After a few moments it gets up and seems less angry, it looks like it wants to join your party! Do you replace one of your monsters and send it upstairs to Gramps?

The battle against the rat and skeleton continues. The ghost casts confusion on the skeleton! It looks confused and angry. It breaks out of its bonds and beats the rat into a pulp! Beanalk then tackles the skeleton for 6 damage! The skeleton looks confused and damaged.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2017, 02:58:23 pm »

Now Just Attack it Ghosty!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2017, 02:59:09 pm »

Replace the mushroom, and ask the ghost about what it means. I mean, I'm sorry if people killed him a long time ago, and I'm willing to give him help if he needs it, but I don't really see a reason why we would need to die because people fucked up a long time ago.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2017, 04:42:19 pm »

More bone-breaking tackling from you Pea-Pod

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2017, 05:16:04 pm »

Offer a jerky to the ghost if it will be my monster pet friend
If it doesn't eat jerky, just ask Ash to have the giant heart pick up the barrel to carry around with us

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2017, 10:24:44 pm »

"I have waited ages for my master to return. He hid me in this barrel when the guards came to close down the Guild, but he never returned. Now my soul is forever bound to this barrel sworn to haunt careless masters who.... what? Jerky?... For me?" The ghost glares as it chews the old dry meat. Through a shower of meaty crumbs: "You have broken my curse! The ultimate test of will and cunning, and you passed it! No measely master would have known how to calm my angry soul!" You can tell he's obviously making this up as he goes along. "I will assist you in your quest, so long as you help me discover what happened to my previous master!" The barrel ghost glowers in a failed attempt to be menacing, but you can tell it mostly just wanted attention and is happy to have a master again. It makes spooky haunting noises as it floats along. This is undelined by the thump-thump thump-thumping of the heart monster. Rather spooky undead team you have going on. You search the remain barrels and find a whole lot of good stuff! (Inventory at the bottom of the post). Afterwards you run down the hallway to the right only to see the second half of your group smash a skeleton into a pile of bones with a ghostly curse and a full power charge from Pea-Pod! The two halves of the group just stare at eachother's new monsters for a minute and share stories about the various fights they had.

Walking along and talking, the group makes it to the end of the hallway. There they find the inactive monster shrine. Its actually a lot more impressive than you expected for being in the back of the basement level. It has several marble pillars with golden glowing orbs floating above them, and even the torches give off a wonderous glowing light. This is most certainly a holy place of the Goddess of Monsters!

You approach the shrine, but before you get there, old grandpa Gereyhmia comes a hobblin' out down the hall shouting, "Don't you touch that you whippersnappers!" You watch as the old man approaches, you can tell he's got one of his speeches in the works, oh goddess, they're so long and boring.

"Ye young'uns did a good job on your first quest, you looted the old store room, you defeated a large meaty monster, saved a couple of restless spirits, and learned a bit about being a monster master. I could only be prouder if... You weren't so fucking gullible! Just then, old man Gereyhmia came wandering down a second staircase which leads directly into this room. He has a cake which reads "Congratulations on restarting the Holy Shrine" and a long written out speech about heroism and monsters. He drops both when he sees his dobbleganger. "WhhaaaAAaaattt?!" says the real Grandpa Gereyhmia as the fake Grandpa Gereyhmia turns into a monster!

For decades I've been unable to get someone to go into this basement and clear away the guardian undead. Its just Belzahar, do this, and Belzahar do that, and Belzahar sit in an empty tavern for half a century because I hate the monster masters. Well this time, Belzahar's undying loyalty and crippling loneliness paid off! Ha, Kyarzican, who's He going to favor more now? Belzahar! That's who!

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!

The imp's evil laughter was underlined by a wave of dark and evil magic which poured out from the monster, pushing you back and filling you with a host of unpleasant emotions. The pungent odor of sulfur, blood, and citrus invades your nostrils. Stunned and held back by the wave of unholy energy, you could only watch as the twisted magics corrupted the shrine!

Stupid masters! This is naught but the beginning of the end! And it's all your fault! Mwahahahaha!

In mere moments the imp ripped open a dark red and black portal, turned to blow a final raspberry, and disappeared into the closing tear in reality. The overwhelming weight of the evil magic waned slightly, but now radiated out from the shrine itself! Your monsters look incredibly upset and anxious and angry. "Oh no oh no oh no! Wheezed the geezer. "Lets get out of here. I got a lot of educating to give you yunguns." You all head upstairs and sit at a table. Gramps grabs you each a flagon of ale and takes big gulps out of his flask before speaking. His cheeks are rosy and his nose is brighter than a raindeer's before he begins to speak.

"Boys, we dun fucked up. That was a demon type monster, and thats a demon type shrine now. I'm going to need you boys to go on a quest across the world to check all the other shrines and make sure that demon didn't get to them too. I'd go meself, but I'm so old and drunk I can't even remember the location of most of the shrines! I know you all look up to me as your personal life hero, but its time you take the reigns and I leave the monsters and maidens to the next generation. I'll stay here and tend to the ranch and the tavern, any monsters you send back will be taken care of here, but now is the time for you to venture out into the Wicklewind Woods and check on the forest shrine. But first, it's almost night and you've had a long day of bringing about the end of the world. Why don't you go sleep upstairs and head out first thing in the morning?

After a good night sleep you wake up to find the tavern more lively than normal. It seems that a merchant has set up a stall here, and a monster breeder is decorating an unused room for... well you know. Even a few monster masters are hanging around, hanging around taverns drinking breakfast ale and eating meaty foods. All quite common for monster masters. You have a few hours to kill before you set out, feel free to explore or talk to people or whatever before your ride leaves for the next town.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2017, 10:29:34 pm »

I want to figure out all of Heartache's abilities, and see if we can find a place where we can do additional training to make him/her/them stronger.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2017, 10:32:27 pm »

Name: William Valor
Physical Description: Black hair, pale skin, tends to dress in black formal clothes, similar to funeral wear, and has dark red eyes.
Backstory: Later.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2017, 10:44:43 pm »

Tario goes to the Veteran battle-hardened monster master that has the roid-raging werewolf and asks him... (well their two identical twins?, but I'm just going to treat them as a single monster master)

"Hmmm you wolfy-friend seems to have a lot of natural strength in him, can you explain in any ways to upgrade my monster to have thick muscles and just raw muscle power?  Would you maybe have... monster roids for some gold compensation"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:50:14 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8