Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.05) - V.1.30 - 64bit release  (Read 8888 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.05) - V.1.30 - 64bit release
« on: December 15, 2017, 07:16:01 am »

(MasterworkDF V.1.30 for 43.05 / 64bit DF)

After my long absence, here the first update based on Amostubals work. Thank you so much for all the small changes, bugfixes and keeping everything afloat while I made a disappearing act. It includes all the changes he and the community made in the last 12 months.

It uses DF 43.05, the 64bit release by Toady.

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll have a look at the 44.02 conversion next. Dfhack has a working alpha-release, TWBT seems to be following suit. I also work on the 32x tileset more, so far I made two dozen new creature sprites for it.

About my absence and the future and Patreon:
I know I messed up and I'm extremely glad that the community here was rather relaxed about it. I honestly expected torches and pitchforks. I will continue modding, but I will also continue strange RL adventures. I have an ambitious project planned for next year, which might take me away from regular modding for at least half a year. Climb the highest mountain in the country, paraglide down, cycle to the next country, repeat till I've summited the highest point in every country in Europe. It's in the first world, so I'll be online and I can still do updates, just not on a schedule.

I'll do away with regular Friday-releases; instead I'll release mod updates in the good old Duke'Nukem philosophy of "it's done when it's done".

Again, for those that are upset about the Patreon-promised weekly releases that did not happen: Please write me a PM and I'll refund any donations done.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:28:13 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.05) - V.1.30 - 64bit release
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:19:38 am »

Fantastic to see youre back at it

Will we expect any new features in the future?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:44:22 am »

Currently working on quality of life improvements for the tileset. For example inobstrusive pebbles/rocks without the sharp corners. And the grass has been toned down a lot, less noisy now.

Next technical improvements I'm looking at is of course the DF2017 update.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:05:50 am »

Awesome! I look forward to the 2017 version too.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:09:09 pm »

Currently working on quality of life improvements for the tileset. For example inobstrusive pebbles/rocks without the sharp corners. And the grass has been toned down a lot, less noisy now.

Next technical improvements I'm looking at is of course the DF2017 update.
I like it!  :D
Will you ever be able to modifiy the Meph tileset to include musket armed icons or is it not possible to impliment
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 05:30:52 am »

I mentioned this before on the "Patreon reported" thread, but incase you didn't see it - I would appreciate if you removed my pack from MW. I do not want to be a part of this anymore.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 08:16:12 am »

I mentioned this before on the "Patreon reported" thread, but incase you didn't see it - I would appreciate if you removed my pack from MW. I do not want to be a part of this anymore.
Sure. Next update won't have your content anymore. It's because I disappeared without a word, or because of something else?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 09:15:49 am »

Partially, I mostly disliked the deal with the Patreon. It has bugged me for a long time.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 12:27:20 pm »

Good to see you make an update!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

levonhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 06:30:03 am »

wohooo update! Glad to have you back! Stay confident, stay strong, stay erect ;)

netherous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »

Christmas came early this year! I'm stoked about the tileset transparency changes and can't wait to try it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 09:13:04 pm »

Christmas came early this year! I'm stoked about the tileset transparency changes and can't wait to try it.
You can try it out here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.msg7648716#msg7648716

It's the vanilla release of the tileset with tons of changes. :)

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:31 pm »

Oh boy, this is gonna be good.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 09:46:45 am »

Minor bug report;  When setting work orders for dyes with the new plants, most list 'Unknown Material' in the item condition;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am also highly amused by the fact that I can grind up dyes based on the amount of cave bear guts I have in stock, lol.

Edit: Attempting to add item conditions to the new plants crashes the game consistently.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:53:38 am by Immortal-D »

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 04:51:40 pm »

now that expeditions are ingame is there a chance for a revival of the raiding system?
Pages: [1] 2