Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jonestown: THE GAME  (Read 1231 times)

Dawaldo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Jonestown: THE GAME
« on: December 14, 2017, 09:45:36 pm »

My friend is working on an online forum-based simulation of the Jonestown settlement and will be receiving assistance from an academic site contributed to by survivors and relatives of those who lost their lives.

Participants assume the roles of members of the settlement, members of Jim Jones' inner circle, government officials in Guyana or the United States, relatives in the States concerned about those living in Jonestown, or anyone else relevant to the settlement's existence.

It is meant to be a fairly realistic simulation of Jonestown life, educating its participants. Next year is 40 years since the mass murder-suicides happened which is why the simulation is being run.

This thread exists to see if anyone is interested in participating. My friend has read over a dozen books about Jonestown and will also answer any questions about the subject.

(The forum the simulation will be held on has a few users from Bay 12 on it already.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:46:11 am by Dawaldo »

Dawaldo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Jonestown: THE GAME
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:52 am »

My friend has made the following tongue-in-cheek video to promote the simulation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QwKCBa2Gsc