Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: They Are Billions - Hardcore Survival RTS  (Read 18624 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: They Are Billions - Hardcore Survival RTS
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2018, 06:35:00 am »

Lucifers are problematic because of the huge amount of spitters in the final wave.
Makes them very vulnerable.

Also I finally finished my 22% (Many thanks to Gigla) so now I'm starting a 60% in order to try and go for the next map.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2018, 06:37:19 am »

Also I finally finished my 22% (Many thanks to Gigla) so now I'm starting a 60% in order to try and go for the next map.
I wonder if my story is informative too .-.; probably outdated though, since I never use stake/wire traps given this strange bug that gives buildings random damage out of nowhere. :-\

Congrats on your win though :3 It's a tough climb up the stairs to familiarity.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:51 am »

True, my running commentary is probably annoying :/ sorry
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2018, 06:30:35 am »

Got to the final wave, 24 vet snipers had cleared the map in full, and my base had six chokepoints, each with four snipers, two thanatos with three at the main gate area that had no natural block, a shock tower, and two executioner, with an inner ring of single wall with barbwire and a mix of ballistae and executioners... Some zombie found a tiny gap in the inner ring with nothing to shoot it, got my inner housing, and rekt me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2018, 01:13:58 pm »

So yeah, I found that 14 snipers in Plains weren’t able to deal with the output of a doom city.
Very different to the 6 sniper 6 archer clears I was doing on 22%

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »

Plains shouldn't spawn worse doom villages, it should just spawn more doom villages.  Did you scout the size of the village you were up against?  Some of them are completely ridiculous, and the larger ones have a town hall in the middle that can spawn chubby zombies.  Running a hunter around a doom village to scout it is mostly safe as long as you pay attention to her and don't ever damage a building.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2018, 02:13:29 pm »

That... would explain the chubbies.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2018, 03:44:19 pm »

No it isn't! D: I was just wondering if anything I wrote could be helpful to anyone.

I enjoy hearing others' stories here. :)

That... would explain the chubbies.
Don't be NEAR a doom village too. They send chubbies to attack you if you're near (or have attacked an area near them recently), usually by day 15 or so.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »

How to defeat a doom village every time:

1.  Scout out the doom village, including its town hall if it has one.
2.  Skip all techs and units so you can rush thanatos.
3.  Produce a single thanatos.  Tell him to move right next to the doom village, like literally touching the forward most building.
4.  Use hunters to kill the zombies that are attacking him, since they don't make noise they won't attract any new zombies.
5.  Using the scouting information from before, tell the thatanos to lob a single mortar on to the town hall.

Now you don't have to worry about destroying those pesky buildings because all the zombies inside will come to you.  All the zombies.   :D
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2018, 04:57:46 pm »

Oh sweet I...
Hey wait.

No it isn't! D: I was just wondering if anything I wrote could be helpful to anyone.

Augh! Man that just looks passive-aggressive.
Thank you for the guide. I will read it. Sorry I didn’t look at the rest of the thread earlier.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2018, 09:10:55 pm »

Hunters do produce noise. I know this all too well from playing the final map.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:42 pm »

Oh sweet I...
Hey wait.

Augh! Man that just looks passive-aggressive.
Thank you for the guide. I will read it. Sorry I didn’t look at the rest of the thread earlier.
Eep ._. It wasn't toned like that when I wrote it (I wrote it like that in a :( tone, because self confidence is lower than average), sorry again!

Hunters do produce noise. I know this all too well from playing the final map.
The tiniest amount of noise! :P
Generally, if you attack any infected, the ones in an adjacent proximity also are affected and notice you. This goes...double, in distance of proximity, from experience on the last map. Faster infected, more 'aware' infected, but better chokepoints. :D

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2018, 03:46:28 pm »

I've never been clear on the exact noise mechanics.  Not sure if noise is produced on the character or the zombie they're firing at.  I *believe* its on the character, and every zombie sends out tiny circular "panic" signal when it gets attacked that alerts nearby zombies.  So I don't think hunters make any noise, because if they're close enough to make firing noise then the zombies have already noticed them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2018, 05:12:12 pm »

Just picked this up. So far on about day 22 or so of my first map. Playing on 180% difficulty since I've watched Beaglerush play through the first map and have a decent idea of what to do. Going ok so far, though expansion has been slowed down considerably after I forgot to put a ballista up on one of my walls and had a tent city get infected. It's being reclaimed now but it definitely cost me. Hopefully not too terribly much, but we'll see. The free Thanatos my last mayor gave me has been a lifesaver for sure!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:06 am »

Well, took a bit of learning and dropping down to 100% difficulty, but I beat the first map. Even had about half my colony left after the final wave and had some time to rebuild before I hit day 100.

No regrets about starting on a harder difficulty. It was brutal, but quite a bit of fun and I think I learned much quicker what I need to work on. And getting to day 80 on that difficulty really felt like an accomplishment.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8