Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Mananauts! | Wizardly Away Team | [4/4 Players] | The Streets of Tucson  (Read 12793 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mananauts! | Wizardly Away Team | [4/4 Players] | The Streets of Tucson
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2018, 05:08:58 pm »

"Hey, can the 'tude or imma have to demonstrate to you how we make palimpsests where I'm from!"

Intimidate map, stalk along the rooftops while following Randall's progress.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2018, 05:45:46 pm »

Time to perform a magical heart transplant. Minus the part where you insert a new heart. Powered by Healer magic, thrust my fist into the assailant's chest and pull out the heart. Then show it to him and give him a detailed lecture on the anatomy of the heart.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2018, 06:40:03 pm »

Randall turns and faces the now screeching denizens of hell. All of them, looking so happy and normal. Randall feels his stomach drops once more. Public speech now? Oh god why! Randall thought to himself. Why are my punishments so specific? What next, will my father come and chide me for my failings? Will that horrifying catgirl come to cut off another limb?

"What did I do to deserves? " Randal says. "For the love of God, what did I do to deserve this?!"

Randall falls to his knees and begins to cry in front of the crowd.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »

Falcon 12: Of Weeping and Submission

Randall Mixon

Randall turns and faces the now screeching denizens of hell. All of them, looking so happy and normal. Randall feels his stomach drops once more. Public speech now? Oh god why! Randall thought to himself. Why are my punishments so specific? What next, will my father come and chide me for my failings? Will that horrifying catgirl come to cut off another limb?

"What did I do to deserves? " Randal says. "For the love of God, what did I do to deserve this?!"

Randall falls to his knees and begins to cry in front of the crowd.

[5]

The band falls silent and a hush falls over the crowd as you fall to your knees and weep. They seem awed by your sincerity, and a tear springs to many an eye as you steadily cave into your despair. Hats are doffed and placed over hearts.

In the silence, a man in old fashioned three-piece suit only slightly wilted by the heat approaches you, a blue crystal monocle over his eye. He looks down at you with warmth and kindness, giving a small nod. "Truly, you deserve better," the man booms, his voice that of a practiced man of the stage. "but there are times when the world is harsh and unkind, and even the best of men may be struck down by fate. Yet we will not turn you aside."

The man in the three-piece suit kneels beside you and helps you up, placing a white-gloved hand beneath yours in order to support the box. Surprise momentarily flashes across his face, [4] followed quickly by understanding. With or without your assistance, he raises the box high for all to see.   "No man may know the measure of another's burden from the outside, but we of Tucson will help you. Come, wanderer, for it is awful to be without. We will give you a new home, and will stand beside you if the crabs shall ever come again."

Cheering erupts from the crowd. The band bursts to life once more, and the parade begins to flow forward. The man with the blue monocle claps you on the back and drops his voice to a whisper. "I'm guessing you're who they roped in when Jaspers ran afoul of the sauce? Not a bad bit of improv for a rookie. Come on, step lively, get to give these people a happy story to forget the fact they're about to drown in sweat."

The stageman gives you a wink and motions you forward, still helping support the box.

An inkling of a thought tells you that the direction he's taking the parade is not quite the same direction you should be taking to follow Locke's instructions.

Spoiler: Randal Mixon (click to show/hide)

Eiyal

"Hey, can the 'tude or imma have to demonstrate to you how we make palimpsests where I'm from!"

Intimidate map, stalk along the rooftops while following Randall's progress.

[6-2 Sword-Mage] The pamphlet whimpers in submission, withering slightly at your berating. It's just a little pamphlet, and seems easily overwhelmed by direct address.

[2+1, Sword Mage] Bounding across the rooftops is harder than it looks, and you find yourself lagging further and further behind the parade. Randall seems to have successfully participated in some kind of ceremony, but that's really all you can see. You're on a rooftop, about five hundred feet away, but all the roofs that would let you progress further have rather mean looking spikes on them that could significantly if you rolled poorly.

By which I mean they would hurt if were to execute an improper parkour roll. Not some other kind of roll.

Spoiler: Eiyal (click to show/hide)

Farris Kindlestone

Farris quickly uses magic to coat his body in electrical energy, hopefully effectively tazing his assailant (assuming he is still holding the knife). He then begins screaming incredibly loudly, augmenting his voice with magic, hoping to drown out the music.

[4] You attempt to stun your assailant with a burst of magical electricity, and it works! Like the canny eel or a teenage girl with a tazer, you're able to get the man to jump back in surprise, wrenching the knife out of your back in the process.

This does allow you to get a good scream in. [2] Which, aside from making you perhaps feel better about the hole in your back, does very little to phase your assailant.

[6-2-1 (Tazed, one handed) Vs 6] Still, very little is not nothing, and you're able to evade his second, rather twitchy, thrust with relative ease.

Another of the elvish buskers, however approaches you, circling around your flank.

[3-1 vs 3] The tazed elf isn't playing so well, and the tune seems more annoying than threatening to your ears.

Spoiler: Farris Kindlestone (click to show/hide)

Irneus

Time to perform a magical heart transplant. Minus the part where you insert a new heart. Powered by Healer magic, thrust my fist into the assailant's chest and pull out the heart. Then show it to him and give him a detailed lecture on the anatomy of the heart.

[3+2-1 (Healer, REALLY REALLY NOT HEALING) Vs 6-1 (???) ] The harmonicist is able to save versus your instant death attack, mainly by using his elvish dexterity to evade your old man hands, and slashes at you! [6-1 (one handed) vs 3] Your outstretched hand is suddenly alive with pain as the knife cuts across the meat of the member, starting at the webbing between your thumb and forefinger, terminating where your hand meets your wrist, and bouncing across every bone along the way. Ironically, he seems to have gouged out your lifeline.

Another of the Elvish harmonicists is approaching from the side, flanking to get around you.

[6-1 vs 2]

"C'mon, it'll be much easier, with a lot less pain, if you just go with the flow. Embrace the j-am," a voice says in your head, and you start to feel that might be a good idea. Take a rest, enjoy some tunes. Let life be life. You feel distinctly sleepy.

Spoiler: Irneus the Merciful (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2018, 11:25:28 pm »

Farris summons a large amount of fire around his body,
hoping his cloak's enchantment will protect him while the buskers are cooked by the fireball.
As he does it, he gets one good (if not a little cliche) one liner in: "You're fired..
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2018, 06:45:26 am »

Descend gracefully to street level and continue closing the distance to Randall. Put my fingers on my earbeetle needlessly to signal central command.

"Hey Locke, you there? The package carrier keeps insisting on blazing his own trail. What do I do?"

A moment's pause.

"Over."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2018, 09:09:01 am »

Cast a healing spell on Farris before cartwheeling away from the fireball.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2018, 10:23:03 am »

You know what, I might not actually in hell after all.

"So uh, mister mysterious stranger, who exactly are  you?"

Follow the mysterious stranger to his destination.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2018, 01:51:08 pm »

PTW and probably submit a char later

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2018, 12:29:40 pm »

Destiny 13: Fiery panic and affable DeVilles

Randall Mixon

You know what, I might not actually in hell after all.

"So uh, mister mysterious stranger, who exactly are  you?"

Follow the mysterious stranger to his destination.

"Beauregard DeVille, at your service. I'm just a showman hired to take the minds of the people off the fact they had the misfortune to live in Tucson." Beauregard gives you a smile and a wink and turns to wave at the crowds of people still cheering. Most of the crowd is much busier paying attention to the dancers, but he doesn't seem to mind.

He leads you, and the parade to a small and wilted looking park. Large cauldrons of cooling blue flame have been set up to make the temperature slightly more livable, and dozens of large tables and benches have been arrayed to create a sort of picnic in the park feeling. A massive tent takes up one quadrant of the park, with a sign hanging down in front saying 'performers only.' Spectators begin to filter onto benches, and the band winds down as most of the parade heads into the large tent. As near as you can tell, there's going to be some nice public gathering here.

"Randall?" Your giant ear beetle hisses, adjusting its footing on your head.  "This is Locke. Eiyal is having difficulty keeping up with you. I know that as team leader, and a naturally skilled individual, giving up control probably doesn't come easily- but you've got to let everyone have their roles. See if you can slack up for a minute so Eiyal can practice being a trailblazer."

Beauregard dusts is gloved hands and turns toward you slightly. "Since we dragged you in off the street, and you did a fine job, it seems only fitting that I give you a meal that was going to be free anyway. Come on, kid, you'll get to sit at the mayor's table."

Spoiler: Randal Mixon (click to show/hide)

Eiyal

Descend gracefully to street level and continue closing the distance to Randall. Put my fingers on my earbeetle needlessly to signal central command.

"Hey Locke, you there? The package carrier keeps insisting on blazing his own trail. What do I do?"

A moment's pause.

"Over."

Your ear beetle hisses in exasperation, like a secretary interrupted during nail filing in order to check an itinerary, but relays your message.

"Alright, I'll drop  a word with him to slow down, but you've got to remember that communication is a two way street. You need to send him messages directly when he starts to get ahead of you, so that he knows when you've fallen behind." Locke pauses for a moment, and then adopts the sing-song tone of a man recounting a saying that someone else beat into him. "The team that wishes to stay intact, must remain in constant contact."

Randall's parade curves away into a park with lots of benches set up, and as the lines between parade and spectators blur you risk losing Randall in the mix. [5] Thankfully, the Mananaut robes are pretty easy to spot, and you keep an eye on Randall like a hawk while Locke prattles. Randall is still a bit ahead of you, but you could probably sprint and catch up to him.

"So, just try and catch up with him, talk the situation out, and start again. This is okay. We're all learning."

"Over."

Spoiler: Eiyal (click to show/hide)

Farris Kindlestone

Farris summons a large amount of fire around his body,
hoping his cloak's enchantment will protect him while the buskers are cooked by the fireball.
As he does it, he gets one good (if not a little cliche) one liner in: "You're fired..

You look the nearest Busker in the eye. Irneus mumbles something at you, and all your wounds and pain suddenly disappear. You see the busker break out in a cold sweat as you point your finger at him and utter a witty one liner.

[1]

Then you burst into flame. [2] THE PROTECTIVE ENCHANTMENTS, THEY DO (almost) NOTHING. The fire that does not die surrounds you in a whipping mass that's substantially closer and less offensively useful than you would have hoped.  You can see the buskers as dim shadows, flinching away from the sudden pillar of fire that has replaced you.  Your hair crackles and frizzes, your ear beetle shrieks in terror, and you're certain of two things: This fireball will follow your around if you move, and it's going to start hurting like hell in about eight seconds when feeble defense provided by your coats protections breaks down.

But hey, the buskers can't grab you if you're on fire.

Spoiler: Farris Kindlestone (click to show/hide)

Irneus

Cast a healing spell on Farris before cartwheeling away from the fireball.

[6+2 (Healer) | No Side Effect] You perform a masterful quick healing cantrip that entirely fixes the wound in Farris' back and replenishes his lost blood, then you perform a cartwheel away [6-2 (HAND. SLICED. OPEN] which you manage to make look absolutely badass despite the fact that one of the hands involved in the cartwheel is rather spectacularly badly damaged.

You land back on your feet, away from your attackers, at the same instant that Farris bursts into flame. Unfortunately, it's less a nova of flame that takes out the buskers, and more a singular torch with a rather panicked looking Farris at its core. The flames are hot and bright, and you have to shield your eyes for a moment from the blaze. Though Farris is not being consumed at the moment, you'd judge from his expression that he's not sure how much longer that's going to last.

The buskers, at least, appear momentarily taken aback by the blaze.

Spoiler: Irneus the Merciful (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:31:20 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:23 pm »

Farris rushes the nearest buskers and hugs them. He then uses magic to force the magical fire to transfer to them. He roars "HOT POTATO!", then wonders if shouting "Tag" would have been more accurate.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2018, 01:33:11 pm »

"This calls for a Special Technique! Triple Dragon Seven League Step, EIIIYAAAL!"

Magically bunnyhop my way to Randall because everyone knows that's faster. Outrace him if possible, got my cred to look out for!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2018, 04:41:14 pm »

"I'll have to pass on that dinner. I have this package to deliver and I don't think my boss will be to please to find out I was eating dinner in the middle of a delivery. But thanks anyway."

Randall starts waddling forward once more at turbo turtle speed.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2018, 11:20:55 am »

Heal myself, then run to the direction the others went, fully in spirit of Hot Potato.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:19:54 pm by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]