Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Mananauts! | Wizardly Away Team | [4/4 Players] | The Streets of Tucson  (Read 12809 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Mananauts! | Wizardly Away Team | [4/4 Players] | Welcome, Mananauts
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 08:10:28 pm »

"Why of course, m'dear! I think I owe you some time now, don't I?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 10:28:50 pm »

Ignoring Shelby, Randall turns towards Locke and extends his hand for a good firm handshake. "It's a honor sir.  Just so you know, I'm a Elementalist by trade. So if you ever need a bucket of water when the pipes aren't working, or you some boiling water, I'm your man."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:38:04 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 12:38:53 am »

"Score!"

Do a few rounds of pullups and one-handed pushups after warming myself up a little. It's been nearly a few hours since the last time and I'll be damned if I start slipping up on my routine.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 03:49:17 am »

Dodge the question.

"Now, now, not every rumour is true. People tend to speak anything that comes to mind without caring if it's even factually accurate. I'd wager you've heard of that Conjurer who courted a lich before he was even twelve as well. All just mud slung to ruin people's reputations, I say!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »

Turn 3: Get Pumped or Get Mugged

Randall Mixon (Yotta)

Ignoring Shelby, Randall turns towards Locke and extends his hand for a good firm handshake. "It's a honor sir.  Just so you know, I'm a Elementalist by trade. So if you ever need a bucket of water when the pipes aren't working, or you some boiling water, I'm your man."

"Hands on, I like that," Locke replies, shaking your hand warmly. "Still, I don't think you should have to pitch in too much outside your job description. We may not have many people, I think we'll do alright."

[2] You're not sure whether he's saying that because it's true or if he's saying that so you don't try and run away before the spelljammer leaves port. You do notice that he's carefully avoiding looking directly at Farris' body on the ground. You wonder if it reflects poorly on you that an alleged member of your 'team' just took drugs from the ship and passed out on the floor.

"Personally, I like to do my best to make things as clean as possible, but I've been told that sometimes a messy and effective solution is better than a clean and tedious one." Locke shrugs, indicating this is a distinction that he doesn't personally understand by acknowledges. "The only thing you have to take care of now is to get your things stowed away and make sure that your team is strapped in when Captain calls for the jump. Your seats are right across from the transportation glyph, and I'm positioned there as well, so I'll try and help keep things running smoothly, OK?"

Locke nods to his own question and finally looks at Farris. "We should probably do something abou-"

Farris' eyes spring wide open, his pupils unevenly dilated and his breathing ragged. He climbs his way upright using Shelby to steady himself in several ways that would be highly inappropriate were she not a tree, and you're not sure aren't inappropriate even given that she is. He stands there unsteadily for a moment, then rushes off back the way that all of you came in at a recklessly fast stagger.

Shelby gives both of you a thumbs up. "Told you, he's fine. Maybe some residual effects of the powdered gropevine, but he'll walk it off in a minute."

Spoiler: Randal Mixon (click to show/hide)

Eiyal (Harry)

Do a few rounds of pullups and one-handed pushups after warming myself up a little. It's been nearly a few hours since the last time and I'll be damned if I start slipping up on my routine.

[5+1 (Sword-Mage)] After jumping around a little bit and hooting to get yourself warmed up, you throw yourself at the closet's bar and begin doing pull-ups like a madman. Then you vault off and onto the floor (a maneuver that requires control in these tight quarters), rolling onto the floor to begin doing one handed pushups. You get, like, a hundred in with your left arm before the other arm gets jealous and smacks it out of the way so it can work out too.

You repeat this a couple of times, and end up feeling pumped in way that can't just be expressed in the confines of your room. You can feel your sword wanting to flex out of these cramped confines, wanting to bust loose some mad moves of its own.

Spoiler: Eiyal (click to show/hide)

Farris Kindlestone (Cool)

"Why of course, m'dear! I think I owe you some time now, don't I?"

You're there beside her in an instant, feeling the soft feathers of the top of her head tickle your chin as you pull her in for an embrace. Her feathers are soft and smell softly of roses and chalk. A pine tree erupts from a nearby house, decorated with strange baubles. An accordion plays in the distance, it's sound at once haunting and full of mystery.

Your embrace is broken by the polite 'ahem' of a passing dog in a sportcoat, unicycling its way somewhere very important- but not so important that it can't pass not-so-silent judgement on your public display of affection. "Oh, Farris, it's getting terribly late. We should be getting along."

A dirty grey tomcat with a striker in its mouth climbs up a nearby streetlight, an inexplicably old fashioned one with an internal gaslight instead of a manabulb. After it sparks the light to life, it stares at you with feline eyes. "She's right you know," it says, before jumping down and sauntering smugly to the next light.

Your girlfriend offers her wing and you take it. The two of you walk arm-in-wing down the street, and you have the distinct impression that you're supposed to be taking her somewhere, though you're having trouble remembering where.

Suddenly, your pigeon lets out a frightened cooo of alarm, and four thugs burst out of an alleyway. You assume they're thugs because they're holding they're holding a collection of items that look like they were pulled at random from a mechanics shop- an overlarge docket wrench, dual wielded needlenose plyers, an extendable ratchet with enough extensions to bring it three feet in length, and a muffler. You're not sure because they're all dressed as girl-scouts.

"Your lucre or your life!"
"Your valuables or your vitae!"
"Your money or your mortal coil!"
"Your assets or your animus!"

You'd hoped to never see the day, but you seem to have stumbled into a bunch of violent and degenerate alliterates.

Spoiler: Farris Kindlestone (click to show/hide)

Irneus (Icy)

Dodge the question.

"Now, now, not every rumour is true. People tend to speak anything that comes to mind without caring if it's even factually accurate. I'd wager you've heard of that Conjurer who courted a lich before he was even twelve as well. All just mud slung to ruin people's reputations, I say!"

[1] Captain Sihn looks at you with an eye as sharp, hard, and merciless as a scalpel blade. "I see. That was the wrong answer to give me, Mr. Irneus. Know that I am the captain of this vessel, and there is nothing that goes on that I am not aware of. If your predilection causes me a hindrance, I will kill you myself." She doesn't ask you whether you understand or not, her tone gives the distinct impression that you understanding the situation is entirely unrelated to her killing you over it.

Which is the kind of thing that could cause a really embarrassing mix-up later.

"You're dismissed, Mr. Irneus. You'll only have a few minutes to get your things stowed away and get in position before the jump. Do not misspend them."

Spoiler: Irneus the Merciful (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:56:30 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 04:10:45 pm »

Find the crow's nest and jump into it!

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 04:23:30 pm »

(Can i be whitelisted?)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2017, 04:25:42 pm »

(Can i be whitelisted?)

((Asking that is immediate grounds for blacklisting.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2017, 04:29:30 pm »

(Can i be whitelisted?)

((Done, but I'm watching you.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 04:32:40 pm »

Return to the mess hall. Immediately facepalm. Lower hand from face, look at left wrist. Irneus does not have a watch on his left wrist. He speaks to nobody in particular:

"Two minutes. I was gone for two minutes, and already a team member almost killed himself. This makes me almost feel wanted."

Check on Farris' health.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 04:40:01 pm »

Farris blinks unexcitedly, as if this is nothing new to him.

"All these people to mug and you had to choose the winner of the Gafius Wizardry Combat Festival? The Insane Inferno? The first man to sustain a tornado of pure fire for over a day?

I'm not gonna stop you, but feel free to come at me. Try your luck.
"

Bluff, and look relaxed about it. If they do try anything, run the hell away.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 07:04:31 pm »

((Welp... i just realised what i said, i somehow misspelled Whitelist with Waitlist))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2017, 07:08:32 pm »

(If there is a waitlist, I would like to be in it.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2017, 09:26:01 pm »

"I uh, should probably make sure he doesn't start vomiting."

Randall runs after and tries to drag him to the infirmary.

Edit: Question about Elementalism, can I conjure elements like fire or water or can I only manipulate what's in the environment?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:34:52 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 08:36:01 am »

(If there is a waitlist, I would like to be in it.)

((Three hours ahead of you.))

((Welp... i just realised what i said, i somehow misspelled Whitelist with Waitlist))

((It doesn't look like you misspelled Whitelist at all, it seems you nailed that one.))

Edit: Question about Elementalism, can I conjure elements like fire or water or can I only manipulate what's in the environment?

(As a mage, you can absolutely conjure elements like fire, water, earth, metal, wood, wind, whatever.  As an Elementalist, you can't quite conjure as much as anyone else, but your control over it is much better. As an example, the spark that Farris used to light his joint. Nobody but a blaster would have to roll to make that spark (And a blaster would be rolling to not blow his eyebrows off, not whether the spark would occur), but an elementalist could light the cigarettes of everyone in a room with minimal effort.

All elements are in the environment at all times, to one degree or another. Finding a place without a certain element would be like finding a region of space that lacked protons. Bad things would happen.)

---
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7