Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63

Author Topic: Ethereals : XCOM Arms Race  (Read 65022 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ethereals : XCOM Arms Race
« Reply #570 on: January 13, 2018, 10:15:53 am »

I'm considering a revision, but first I have a question for ebbor: do Humans emit any sort of psionic signal naturally? Or do they have to be trained in the gift first?
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 13, 2018, 10:26:52 am »

All living things emit psionic signatures. This is how (for example) your sectoids are able to target them with their psionic powers. In practice though, that requires concentration on their part to even find them, because psionic signatures are very weak when not used, and even weaker when they do not possess the art to manipulate the Gift.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 13, 2018, 10:32:57 am »

Right. In that case,

Psi-Scan: In order to better triangulate the mysterious psionic signal originating from earth, we have taught our Sectoids this relatively simple technique. To use it, the gift-user must take a moment to center themselves, clearing their mind of distractions. They then meditate on all the psionic signals they can detect, and sort them out- filtering out signals they don't care about, honing in on those they do- such as mysterious powerful emissions, or nearby Earthlings. In the former case, the direction and strength are to be recorded and transmitted back to base. In the latter case, the psionic signal may be used to 'lock on' to a target, drastically increasing accuracy against them- letting even pistols strike true at moderate ranges.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 13, 2018, 11:09:03 am »

Quote from: Lesser Muton Review
The Lesser Muton was an utter failure, but we can still learn from it. By performing an indepth analysis of what did we did right, what we did wrong and who needs to be reassigned to sanitation, we can have a serious head start the next time we attempt a similar project.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 13, 2018, 11:14:28 am »

I'm pretty sure we already got experience from the design. I guess a revision could get us more experience, but I'm not sure a revision just to make a design slightly easier is worth it.

I'm thinking we want our revision to help on the ground, since that's where we have the most trouble.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:02 am »

This is stop their rapid usage of unguided weapons... and actually being successful.
Improved Evasion Protocol
Dealing with enemy aircraft unguided weapons and even guided weapons have created difficulty for our aircrafts. Truly there is only one way to deal with unguided weaponry besides more complicated technologies like energy shields and more advanced armor systems, which is raw agility. By improving the maneuverability and agility of our flight computers in combat while also helping with the ship's thrusters and engine to dodge enemy fire while in a fight, things like our Small Scouts and Medium Fighters will be even more annoying to deal with in the air, like trying to hit a mosquito, they soon realize their unguided weaponry to be completely useless and the missiles that do track on target can than be easily avoid with evasive maneuvers from the flight computer

We need more and more vehicle points people, their the most valuable resource to the invasion
UFO Construction Bay:
As the war effort has continued, we need more and more UFOs to deal with the everlasting aerial fights that we had to encounter and deal with. By constructing additional infrastructure from mining the moon and some innocent asteroids, we have been able to construct a new bay around our facility dedicated to just creating new UFOs and even allowed us to have the infrastructure to support the vehicles we needed to create for the prolonged invasion..

We are given 2UP of Crawlers everyturn, either giving them better visibility-light cloaking or improving their natural armor is my idea; it's a possibility to enhance them
Tough Crawlers:
Skin Crawlers while very deceptive and deadly up close, are just too weak against enemy gunfire. By enhancing their skin and creating s reinforced exoskeleton for the murder-octupusrd while also giving them redundant organs to handle damave, a Skin Crawler can handle taking the blunt force of physical fire and explosions while they utilize their plasma pistols to come up close to the humans and horrible slaughter them with their spiky tentacles

We need a new weapon compared to the Pistol, it just outdated, but here's the Carbine idea...
Plasma Carbine:
Our plasma pistol is weak and yet still utilizes advanced technology, we needed a weapon. It can suit various purposes while also being powerful and compact. The carbine has more range, up to the Medium range spectrum compared to its predecessor, and can exert a lot more powerful and condense plasma compared to its predecessor

((Idea we go with the better vehicle production points, utilize the Joker Token, and create a Heavy Fighter that can also bombard enemy ground troops and decimate enemy aerial ships for next turn))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:07:18 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 13, 2018, 05:15:31 pm »

Well, thinking about it some more, we could really use some more VP. I don't know how much a revision will get us, but hopefully it's (with a decent roll) at least 2.

Quote from: Votes
Elder's Scorn:
Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
Improved Evasion Protocol:
UFO Construction Bay: (1) NUKE9.13
Tough Crawlers:
Plasma Carbine:

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 13, 2018, 05:26:34 pm »

Elder's Scorn:
Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
Tough Crawlers:
Plasma Carbine: (1) Kashyyk

I think we're doing okay with ship numbers. It's ground troops we're struggling with.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 13, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »

I would rather deny the enemy resources that advance their investigation than make more attacks on Earth. We can go with your revision later but it might be better to prioritize tripping them instead of getting ahead.

Elder's Scorn:(1) Wizgrot
Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
Tough Crawlers:
Plasma Carbine:
[/quote]

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 13, 2018, 05:31:39 pm »

Elder's Scorn:(1) Wizgrot
Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
UFO Construction Bay: (2) NUKE9.13, SC
Tough Crawlers:
Plasma Carbine: (1) Kashykk

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 13, 2018, 05:40:08 pm »

Elder's Scorn:(2) Wizgrot, Kevak
Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
UFO Construction Bay: (2) NUKE9.13, SC
Tough Crawlers:

Yah, I'd rather deny the enemy resources. We're currently struggling with filling all our craft anyways.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 13, 2018, 05:48:57 pm »

Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
UFO Construction Bay: (3) NUKE9.13, SC, Puppyguard.
Tough Crawlers:

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 13, 2018, 05:57:13 pm »

Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
UFO Construction Bay: (4) NUKE9.13, SC, Puppyguard, BBBence
Tough Crawlers:

We could maybe give sectoids an ability to insta panic their soldiers. Use the gift to show them visions of their loved ones/squad/xcom dieing?
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 13, 2018, 06:15:20 pm »

No self destruct device support?

We have an F in Evil

Now, really, if they gain Investigation tokens for every ship they take down and retrieve, any mission they target except one will gain them one of those. SO expect 1-3 tokens if we donīt implant those self destruct detonators. Those extra ship-bays will come in handy, but not for now.

Also, those designs simply donīt feel well for me. I mean, we are supposed to design weapons and missions, not factories.

Establishing Outpost would be cool, since it needs a dedicated mission o do it, but those sort of things...meh. Since (normally) arms race matches are supposed to have infrastructure running in the background... But really is your game and your call.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:45:05 pm by Wizgrot »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:59 pm »

Elder's Scorn:(3) Wizgrot, Kevak, Puppyguard.
Psi-Scan:
Lesser Muton Review:
UFO Construction Bay: (3) NUKE9.13, SC, BBBence.
Tough Crawlers:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63