Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76

Author Topic: Vigilo Confido : XCOM Arms Race  (Read 85636 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Vigilo Confido : XCOM Arms Race
« Reply #600 on: January 03, 2018, 05:02:09 pm »

Well if who ever is giving themselves 2 vote power switches over to the missile upgrade, it will win.

Seriously though. Railguns have been shown to be effective at range. We have an enemy that can sneak right on top of us.

I just can't put up with this game of I told you so anymore, ebbor has a great game, but as we continue to, as a team make wrong decisions that take extra revisions to correct, supposedly plan for the future by losing the early game and allow our enemy to snowball to the advent horizon of similar chance to win. I had it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:06:37 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 03, 2018, 06:11:09 pm »

Your pointing out all are failures caused by bad rolls and saying "I told you so". We'd still be failing just as hard if we had done your short sighted plans.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #602 on: January 03, 2018, 06:19:28 pm »

Good luck.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 03, 2018, 06:29:38 pm »

Well if who ever is giving themselves 2 vote power switches over to the missile upgrade, it will win.
No one has given themselves 2 vote power. However, Cnidaros forgot to -1 the vote when he switched from railgun to missile and it didn't get fixed for some reason.

I just can't put up with this game of I told you so anymore, ebbor has a great game, but as we continue to, as a team make wrong decisions that take extra revisions to correct, supposedly plan for the future by losing the early game and allow our enemy to snowball to the advent horizon of similar chance to win. I had it.
Good bye and hopefully the next time you try to join an arms race you'll have more fun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #604 on: January 03, 2018, 06:51:06 pm »

Good bye and hopefully the next time you try to join an arms race you'll have more fun.

Thank you.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 03, 2018, 07:38:01 pm »

roseheart
You know, I left quite a few suggestion games due to various reasons. Here is a hint - you can do this by not posting anymore. Dramatic announcements aren't necessary.

Also, I find it hilarious that you consider railguns to be a long range weapon and missiles to be a short range weapon. It is other way around. Missiles are made to engage targets beyond visible range. Railguns are meant to be used in dogfights, This is why I don't want aerial railguns, we are less maneuverable. On other hand railguns will be great for ground attack or dealing with battleships later.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 04, 2018, 03:37:39 am »

Stop arguing ffs its inefficient

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 04, 2018, 01:28:02 pm »

Railgun Raven Refit
This Raven refit is focused on only one thing. Replacing some of the missile pylons the raven currently has with two mounts for an anti-craft railgun useful against the UFOs that have been being faced so far as well as adding the needed power supplies and ammo storage spots to actually fire them. While this might decrease the amount of missiles a raven can carry, it allows them to use the mentioned railguns in air to air combat, thusly ignoring whatever jammed our missiles last time.
Easy : 4 + 3 + 1 = 8

The Phoenix gunpod is a simple, streamlined gunpod designed to be fitted to the Raven fighter with minimal conversions. Incorporating off the shelf hardware as well as alien technology, it uses a small alien power core in combination with conventional super capacitors to power an upscaled variant of our infantry railgun. The resulting weapon platform has a relatively slow firing velocity, but a powerful punch. At close ranges, the unguided projectiles should be able to shred enemy armor with ease. At longer ranges, the fact that the weapon is unguided restricts accuracy.

As interesting benefit of making the gunpod independent of the Raven's own systems, it can be integrated into our other vehicles as well.

Incoming UFO's

Craft(s): 1 Alien Lander, 2*Alien Fighter
Destination: Australia

Australian air force radars have picked up hints of a significant alien flotilla heading towards australia. Their destination appears to be a small to mid sized community in the australian outback.

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PANIC METER (click to show/hide)

Defense Phase

First Month End : The war intensifies.  You receive one VP/UP/EP of choice, to use immediately.

Challenge : Write a (short) excerpt on any of the recent battles from any perspective.  (Reward : ??? + 1 unrestricted token)

AABBCCDD
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:11:14 am by 10ebbor10 »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 04, 2018, 01:44:38 pm »

Can the Phoenix be used in ground support missions?

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 04, 2018, 02:04:55 pm »

Ohh boy, time to try out railguns on the interceptors

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 04, 2018, 02:07:09 pm »

Can the Phoenix be used in ground support missions?
It's of limited use, but it can be used.

It has a unique combination of causing lots of collateral and yet being easy to miss with.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 04, 2018, 02:29:43 pm »

Operating Cleansing the Path
2 Ravens
- equipped with Phoenix Railgun pod
3 Sky Rangers
-1 equipped with Phoenix railgun pod (does the 3 for 1 cost mean that 3 aircraft are equipped with pods or 1 ship gets 3 pods?)

3 NOTSOFTOR Agents, Two of which are equipped with the XH-2 in addition to standard load outs.

One Fighter is to be Intercepted, while the other two UFOs are to be Down and Captured, One at a time. This means that first the Fighter craft is stormed while the other is in close watch by air support, and then once the fighter craft is subdued, the Landing craft is dealt with.  The third fighter that was intercepted is to be bombed if any signs that it will actually turn back on.

Quote from: Vote Box
Cleansing the Path (1): Blood_Librarian

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 04, 2018, 02:33:47 pm »

3 aircraft with pods

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 04, 2018, 02:41:51 pm »

Operation Crossroad
Combined Arms
Gain 1EP
2 Ravens with Phoenix gunpods (2/3 of EP)
3 Skyrangers with Phoenix gunpod each (1 EP)
3 NOTSOFTER units, two of those armed with XH-2 rifles (2EP),

This plan tries to overwhelm them on land. We may very well lose all fighters and one skyranger before landing and still win the fight

Operation Blackwater
Combined Arms
Gain 1VP
3 Ravens with 1 Phoenix gunpod each (1 EP)
2 Skyrangers
2 NOTSOFTER units, each armed XH-2 rifles (2EP)

VP are less useful long term on its own, but such force composition looks really strong for this one battle and we may get a useful token.

I prefer the second one. With Gun Pod we can go tanks and VP will be useful.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:27:30 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 04, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »

Let’s not tie the resource point to operation plans.

I took the votebox from before we rolled the design and removed roseheart and fixed BL’s accidentally duplicated vote. I’m not voting for a plan yet as I’m faaar too tired to do that right now.
Resource Point
EP (3): Chiefwaffles, Blood_Librarian, Happerry
UP (0):
VP (0):
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76