Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men  (Read 4478 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 04:17:54 am »

Alright I'd be interested in coming back as Ned, but:

I want to be a leading member of an important organization. I want to know what's going on and I want to often be the one that will tell the other players. I'm on these forums enough like you said I can definitely play the part.

(Even if it's mostly an NPC role)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 04:21:52 am »

Alright, I'll just use this *bump* things up, then.

Should we go ahead and start, or should this just serve as a Bump to get more people to join?

you should try to get more people to join.

Y'know, while you're here, would you perhaps be interested in joining, Paxie?

Depends would making myself into a hill giant indebted to the french army be a valid option here or no?

like a large fantastical humanoid (say around eighteen feet tall)for  whom owes some humans generational debts and is thus in their services in peacetime as a construction worker and living siege equipment in wartime?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »

Alright I'd be interested in coming back as Ned, but:

I want to be a leading member of an important organization. I want to know what's going on and I want to often be the one that will tell the other players. I'm on these forums enough like you said I can definitely play the part.

(Even if it's mostly an NPC role)

That actually sounds good to me! Only problem is, I don't know if I should list that as one of the four players, or if that should be more a Player-NPC thing and there'd be a slot still open. Kinda stuck on that.

Alright, I'll just use this *bump* things up, then.

Should we go ahead and start, or should this just serve as a Bump to get more people to join?

you should try to get more people to join.

Y'know, while you're here, would you perhaps be interested in joining, Paxie?

Depends would making myself into a hill giant indebted to the french army be a valid option here or no?

like a large fantastical humanoid (say around eighteen feet tall)for  whom owes some humans generational debts and is thus in their services in peacetime as a construction worker and living siege equipment in wartime?

...Surprisingly, yes. That actually does make sense. I really hate saying "Within the lore" because no one knows the Lore yet, but it bares mentioning: In Earth IV, Germany and connected areas like Austria, Amsterdam and, yes, parts of France have a very high amount of monsters. This is because there is an abnormally large amount of Rifts torn through Germany's Black Forest (and just for comparison's sake: when I say abnormally large, think "walking five feet from one Rift to see seven more while just walking to the grocery store.")

I...I had a point there, but I rambled. Essentially: Yes, French Giant is fine.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 11:49:30 pm »

Alright, NPC. PM me when I will give them mission details/make a badass Calvary enterance when they gettin' their asses handed: I'll try to respond 24/48hr or less.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 04:18:47 am »

Alright then, Ill reserve this post for a charater sheet that i hope to get done in a few days.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 11:51:51 pm »

Name: Pierre Homme (   Formerly Builder 387)
Sex: Biologically male, not that this impacts giants much
Species: Northern hill giant
Height and weight:  15 ft tall, 600 pounds
Nationality: Grey Hills Dracondian/ Frecnh(a little confused about this bit)
Alligence:  Nuetral Good, French Army, Any societies advocation on behalf of giants.
Background: Pier fled draconius around our worlds year of 1871 afterin living his first 25 years as a slave responsible for building the great stone fortresses of the Septicus Clan, a band of less then moral dragons after the conquered his people before his birth in the War Of The Gray Hills, a long drawn out out conflict that left innumerable casualties, his people the hill giants of the aformentioned grey hills were much abused and maligned after losing the war to defend their lands, he was in fact a farily lucky individual. When he saw a rift he jumped in without hesitation, landing strait into a battle of the Franco-Prussian War where he was saved from prussian fire by a french rifle platoon, he has owed alligence to france ever since, even if if his french Isn't quite the best out their.
During the war his abilty to pick up and use artillery peices as men woulod use rifles saved many french soldiers and earned him aclaim, since then he has focused his abilities towards mostly repairing the contries infarstructure, despite this he has faced at least occasional discrimination and has a somewhat pessemistic outlook on life. He frequently loges in the donjon whch he has helped renovate and restore to a fucntioing fortress.
Starting equipment: Large leather cloak, chainmail leggings, wartime medals, A metal containing a farily large hammer, chisel, and building plans. (1) Giant Sized Sleeping Bag, (1) Large container of preserved fruit.
Best skill: Stone masonry and architectural planning.
Worst Skill: Singing.

sorry for the double-post, but will this work?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:03:58 am by Paxiecrunchle »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 09:37:37 am »

Name: Peier Homme (   Formerly Builder 387)
Alligence:  Nuetral Good, French Army, Any societies advocation on behalf of giants.
Background: Pier fled draconius around our worlds year of 1871 afterin living his first 25 years as a slave responsible for building the great palces of the Dragon lords after the conquered his people before his birth in the War Of The Gray Hills, a long drawn out out conflict that left innumerable casualties, his people the hill giants of the aformentioned grey hills were much abused and maligned after losing the war to defend their lands, he was in fact a farily lucky individual. When he saw a rift he jumped in without hesitation, landing strait into a battle of the Franco-Prussian War where he was saved from prussian fire by a french rifle platoon, he has owed alligence to france ever since, even if if his french Isn't quite the best out their.
During the war his abilty to pick up and use artillery peices as men woulod use rifles saved many french soldiers and earned him aclaim, since then he has focused his abilities towards mostly repairing the contries infarstructure, despite this he has faced at least occasional discrimination and has a somewhat pessemistic outlook on life. He frequently loges in the donjon whch he has helped renovate and restore to a fucntioing fortress.
Starting equipment: Large leather cloak, chainmail leggings, wartime medals, A metal containing a farily large hammer, chisel, and building plans. (1) Giant Sized Sleeping Bag, (1) Large container of preserved fruit.

Firstly, the nationality is fine. You can say French (born in Draconia) under there.

Secondly, I'm going to post this little correction again:

"Dragons are too wise to rule with anger and control, since it ends up causing citizens to rebel. So, Agazhim, and all Dragons, Wyverns, and Dragonborn, are actually quite kind and patient, though temperamental and stern."

I will allow Peier (it's either that or you meant to spell Pierre, either way) to be a Dragon slave, but substitute "Dragon Lords" with either a specific Dragon of Evil or Chaotic Neutral alignment, or a guild of Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic Evil/Neutral Dragons. If it's a specific one, Dragon names are made up of three syllables, like Agazhim, Torantin, Kalxolik, Morgana, or Tyrantin.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 06:11:51 am »

Name: Peier Homme (   Formerly Builder 387)
Background: Pier fled draconius around our worlds year of 1871 afterin living his first 25 years as a slave responsible for building the great palces of the Dragon lords after the conquered his people before his birth in the War Of The Gray Hills, a long drawn out out conflict that left innumerable casualties, his people the hill giants of the aformentioned grey hills were much abused and maligned after losing the war to defend their lands, he was in fact a farily lucky individual. When he saw a rift he jumped in without hesitation, landing strait into a battle of the Franco-Prussian War where he was saved from prussian fire by a french rifle platoon, he has owed alligence to france ever since, even if if his french Isn't quite the best out their.

Firstly, the nationality is fine. You can say French (born in Draconia) under there.

Secondly, I'm going to post this little correction again:

"Dragons are too wise to rule with anger and control, since it ends up causing citizens to rebel. So, Agazhim, and all Dragons, Wyverns, and Dragonborn, are actually quite kind and patient, though temperamental and stern."

I will allow Peier (it's either that or you meant to spell Pierre, either way) to be a Dragon slave, but substitute "Dragon Lords" with either a specific Dragon of Evil or Chaotic Neutral alignment, or a guild of Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic Evil/Neutral Dragons. If it's a specific one, Dragon names are made up of three syllables, like Agazhim, Torantin, Kalxolik, Morgana, or Tyrantin.

Fixed {I think} although I have no idea where you quoted that from since I couldn't find it in the setting bible on the discord, or in the OP...also is there some reason I can't give a physical description outside height, weight species and sex? I kind of hoped to at least describe his scars :-/ Is there like a character face randomizer or something you wanted to employ?
Also sounds like the dragons are kind of paternalistic, IDK how they think that won't lead to rebellions.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 10:53:47 am »

"Fixed {I think} although I have no idea where you quoted that from since I couldn't find it in the setting bible on the discord, or in the OP"

It was in the thread for the other game.

"also is there some reason I can't give a physical description outside height, weight species and sex? I kind of hoped to at least describe his scars :-/ Is there like a character face randomizer or something you wanted to employ? "

Character face randomizer? What's that? I can add appearance, yeah.

"Also sounds like the dragons are kind of paternalistic, IDK how they think that won't lead to rebellions."

It does...and then dragons clean house. "Kind", "Patient" and "Paternal" does not mean "Won't wreck your shit" Besides, despite what that quote says, not every dragon, wyvern, or dragonborn is kind or patient. Some are utter monsters.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 11:54:28 am »

yES BUT SURELY ALL DRAGONS DO NOT RULE EQUALLY, THAT WOULD BE AN ABSURD POWER STrUCTURE(direct democracy for every single decision does not work well on a large scale) So what happens when one or a band of dragons challenge others for power, or say a giant kills one with well placed boulder from a sling shot? Even the roman empire, for instance got completely reworked by several large scale rebellions and civil wars. Or when their leader develops cancer and dies naturally?

(the capitalization was accidental.)

More importantly, I think we have four players, so when should it start, approximately?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 12:52:17 pm »

Um, no, they don't all rule equally. I've never said they did? In fact, I said in the other thread that Agazhim is the ultimate ruler of the entire realm of Draconia, though he does have the Council of Ornatos. As for what happens, one at a time.

"So what happens when one or a band of dragons challenge others for power"

Agazhim's titles include Lord of the Fire Wyverns, Progenitor of the Dragonborn, and the Harbinger of the End of Days. He is the one who sealed the apacolypse himself, The Rainmaker. Any dragon that challenges him is either stupid or suicidal. As for the Council of Ornatos, it's very much the same reason as to why people don't routinely assassinate members of Congress: because some governmental force shall capture or kill them.

"or say a giant kills one with well placed boulder from a sling shot?"

I refer you to my last point for Agazhim. In the case of the Council, that would be considered either an assassination, or if the giant was in league with the species or their leadership, they'd go to war.

"Or when their leader develops cancer and dies naturally?"

Dragons and Wyverns are immune to natural death via age and disease, and Dragonborn are resistant.

"More importantly, I think we have four players, so when should it start, approximately? "

We only have three.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 10:38:47 pm »

Huh, i thought we had four, where on earth are we going to get a fourth player from?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 03:47:49 am »

"where on earth are we going to get a fourth player from?"

Spain, or perhaps Italy. (JK, It's wordplay)

I'm sure the activity will let someone turn up.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 02:10:04 pm »

Alright, since it's been a while, the game will officially begin sometime this week. Just an update.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 02:52:00 pm »

Spoiler: Amnesiac Dalia (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:01:27 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5