Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men  (Read 4468 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:56:57 pm »

Greetings, people of Bay12!

There was an Earth IV game beforehand, but it's thread slowed and died due to my previous burnout. So, this is a new thread, with a timeskip of a month. Whether new or returning, I hope you enjoy.

Spoiler: The Past (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Species (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Players: 4/4
Sosaku234 (Vadym Gulka), Hibou (Cordell Monroe), Paxiecrunchle (Pierre Homme), AbstractTraitorHero (Dalia)

Player-Run NPCS: 1/Infinite
roseheart (Ned Angry)

Discord Link
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:02:40 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:28:02 am »

wish you luck!

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:28:26 am »

Looks really neat! I'll put up a sheet in this post sometime tonight or tomorrow.

((Took a couple liberties with the magic system and the background, let me know if anything is out of line.))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:09:26 am by Hibou »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:45:19 am »

Looks really neat! I'll put up a sheet in this post sometime tonight or tomorrow.

((Took a couple liberties with the magic system and the background, let me know if anything is out of line.))

Those liberties actually work really well! Cordell Monroe is now approved.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:19:08 pm »

I withdraw my last character.

Spoiler: The Ukrainian Job (click to show/hide)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 06:08:33 pm »

I withdraw my last character.

Spoiler: The Ukrainian Job (click to show/hide)

I dig it! He's a very interesting character, and his ability is pretty interesting, as well (Helps that it actually doesn't contradict Magic as it is within the Mythos; Blood Magic can be cast with any blood, and is compatible with any spell). There are a couple of things I'd like to make sure about, though.

1) "After the world was rent in twain", is that metaphorical (like a war) or literal?

2)Is that Russian-Polish conflict based on any real one? I'd like to look up the chronology of that to make sure it's consistent with Magic's acceptance/the Rainmaker incident (since they're the same event, really)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 08:57:19 pm »

1: It was meant to be both. A war for survival from both men and monsters and the rift opening.

2: Not between Russia and Poland, but between the Cossacks and Poland. Based on the appearance of the Cossacks in medieval history and their integration into Russia along with the revolution that allowed said integration from Poland. Based around the mid 14-15th centuries. And the full integration in the late 15th to early 16th centuries.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:59:13 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 10:44:56 pm »

1: Ah, I see. Well, Rifts are healing space-time wounds. They're what prevents whole Universes and Timelines from exploding. So, that actually makes sense.

2: Judging by the timelines on that, Magic would not become accepting until the late 17th century, if not the early 18th Century. So, is there a reason why Vadym's grandfather was allowed to practice Magic in the military?

Also, while I'm here: There's actually a Discord for both me and my Forum Games. There's a whole channel full of Lore about the Earth IV Mythos (since it's a legitimate fictional multiverse; there's a reason I think I can translate it to actual Video Games), so if you're interested, you can click the new link in the OP.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 06:31:31 am »

1. Ah. Well, that was a misunderstanding on my part.

2. You have to remember that this is his great grandfather, given that it's the late 19th century, that would be about the late 1700s. Assuming that his great grandfather had lived for a while before or led an abnormally long life due to magic it could be even further back. But, regardless of the justification for his fighting, I never overtly said he was infantry. I'll have more later. I gotta go, though.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 09:23:51 am »

1. Ah. Well, that was a misunderstanding on my part.

2. You have to remember that this is his great grandfather, given that it's the late 19th century, that would be about the late 1700s. Assuming that his great grandfather had lived for a while before or led an abnormally long life due to magic it could be even further back. But, regardless of the justification for his fighting, I never overtly said he was infantry. I'll have more later. I gotta go, though.

Those are both fair enough points. When you get back, know that Vadym Gulka is approved.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 03:58:23 pm »

Got it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »

Should we go ahead and start, or should this just serve as a Bump to get more people to join?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 09:10:36 pm »

Should we go ahead and start, or should this just serve as a Bump to get more people to join?

you should try to get more people to join.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 11:50:00 pm »

It is finals season, so things are a little slow all across the board. I wouldn't mind waiting.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 02:47:44 am »

Alright, I'll just use this *bump* things up, then.

you should try to get more people to join.

Y'know, while you're here, would you perhaps be interested in joining, Paxie?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5