Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New civilization screen  (Read 924 times)

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New civilization screen
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:25:06 pm »

I've run into an odd problem i cant seem to fix. Im using lazy newb for mac and the alpha dfhack. The civilization screen does not have key bindis that i can set. Runnig without dfhack does not solve the issue. All the various key combos for mission, artifacts, etc only show a ?. More over, I can't seem to find where thos keybinding might be set or whats unsetti them.

Any ideas?
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: New civilization screen
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:14:11 am »

I seem to recall hearing that the 32-bit Mac version of 0.44.02 was built using old "libgraphics" code (the part that's open-source in the Linux version, in the "g_src" directory), and that the 64-bit version was built correctly.

If you're using the 32-bit version, try switching to 64-bit - unless you're running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or older, you are 100% guaranteed to be able to run 64-bit binaries.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:42:21 am »

Copy the keybindings file direct from vanilla. Then inform the pack owner to upgrade properly. This is a usual problem when new keys are added.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:01:05 pm »

I've just checked the 32-bit and 64-bit Mac builds of Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02, and I can confirm that the 32-bit version is broken - its "interface.txt" contains all of the new keybindings, but the program itself makes no attempt to read those new settings.

Simply updating interface.txt will have no effect - you must switch to the 64-bit version.

See bug #10411 for more details.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:14:32 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.