Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inexplicable Strange mood behavior  (Read 811 times)

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inexplicable Strange mood behavior
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:28:46 pm »

A farmer took a secretive mood.

He claimed a craftsdwarf's shop.  It's on the surface, as I haven't breached the aquifer yet.

He collected two logs, and 'began a mysterious construction'

After a time I go to check on him, and he's standing outside, near a pool, doing nothing, as far as I can see.  Still ! mooded, workshop is still claimed and the wood is still in it.

Only thing I can think of is at some point I got raided by keas, who stole two pieces of wool cloth.  They canceled one dwarf's labors.  I still have much more wool cloth.  I am not 100% certain the construction was only two logs, but this was my first artifact, and they seem to start simple and become more complicated.  Is it possible for a theif to steal TSK'ed objects?  I don't have cancellation spam due to the keas for the dwarf but wouldn't expect it.

Not particularly upset, he was a brand new migrant farmer, but it's inexplicable, and I wouldn't want this to happen with a weaponsmith

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
Re: Inexplicable Strange mood behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:15:46 pm »

Well this happened to me once.A mason got a mood claimed a mason workshop, but never made an artifact.Instead he just stood around all day in the temple doing nothing. 

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »

I still don't know what happened though. ???

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 03:39:15 pm »

He began the construction though, which means he had everything in the workshop and was in the workshop himself.  Month later he's out of the (still claimed workshop) and still mooded. 

He went nuts before I could !!Science!! by undermining and collapsing the workshop.  Getting rocks for mechanisms took forever.  Should have just sacrificed a miner.

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:48 pm »

Also, I'm an idiot, and ctrl-alt-del ed because I thought I was still using my old version of the game. I forgot to turn on autosave for the new version.  Thought I could savescum and play around if last save was after he quit, or watch it replicate if it was before.

Ah well.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:13:23 pm »

This thread very much resembles a previous, recent one. Apparently getting scared out of a workshop can cause mooding dorfs to fail to return.

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »

Hmm.  Good to know.  Funny though, game never gave cancellation spam, which I suppose means that though the mooded dwarf is scared and reacts, the game doesn't understand or handle the effect that has on the mood construction. 

Seems like the Dorfiest thing to do would be a temporary [NO FEAR] tag or something.  They're going to stay in the workshop and finish that artifact even if it means getting eaten.