Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures  (Read 7729 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:29:09 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:21:10 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari (Again) IC
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 04:30:13 am »

Chapter 0 - Turbulence

One Week Ago, Gotlieb's Apartment
It started with a tip-off, a call from an unknown number in the early hours of the evening left to ring back home. Your answering machine recorded it, your answering machine that you don't use. A lady was on the other end, a stranger, voice veiled with faint distortions, her message spoken slowly with deliberate clarity.

"Want to be a hero, Challenger One? Next Thursday British Airways Flight Zero-Zero-Seven will enter Sendo's airspace. On this plane is a certain Tor Svensen. At quarter-past seven, twenty minutes prior to landing, there will be an attempt on his life. There is a mechanic by the name of Sasha Estevez, contact her. She will know what to do."

One Week Ago, Sasha's Garage
It is not unusual for you to receive letters from clients, even in this day and age, even in Sendo City. The Awakened World has its fair share of eccentrics, you've worked with plenty, operated on a fair few too. So this, this wasn't too much of a surprise. Still as your eyes scanned the letter you could tell it was not your typical work request, even without reading the words themselves.

Your typical letter-writing weirdo is the particular, often old-fashioned type, the kind of person or unperson that takes that extra the effort to detail each and every specification, textually and diagrammatically just as they would take that extra effort to send a message physically as opposed to digitally. By the standards of those sorts, and by most typical standards, this letter was brief, too brief.

A single sentence on an otherwise blank page.

Get your bike ready to intercept British Airways Flight Zero-Zero-Seven, and be ready for two passengers.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:24:46 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:50 am »

P
T
W
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:26:39 pm »

(PTWBTW)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:48:20 am »

Immanuel almost immediately ran towards his sparsely decorated workstation after he received the message, and he spent most of the night by hitting up his local web of contacts (Literally just his Grandfather, the people in his neighborhood, and the internet) to try and find out more about this "Sasha Estevez" person and why someone who somehow knew of his alter ego would mention her by name.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 07:06:08 am »

Gotlieb
Estevez? There's plenty of info on her, well plenty for someone of as little note as her at least. Godslayer, Foundry-affiliated, was at least, worked at one of their repair facilities but left to start her own garage. Fair amount of clients are androids and the like, but that's par for course given her occupation. You got her address, you got her work hours, you got her life story, the sliver that matters at least. About as much as you could hope for given her seemingly unremarkable nature. No clue why they'd recommend her in particular.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 10:11:08 am »

Gotlieb
Estevez? There's plenty of info on her, well plenty for someone of as little note as her at least. Godslayer, Foundry-affiliated, was at least, worked at one of their repair facilities but left to start her own garage. Fair amount of clients are androids and the like, but that's par for course given her occupation. You got her address, you got her work hours, you got her life story, the sliver that matters at least. About as much as you could hope for given her seemingly unremarkable nature. No clue why they'd recommend her in particular.
Immanuel decided to try and meet the mechanic the next day after a few moments of deliberation and thoughtful staring at the wall right behind his workstation, he proceeded to spend the rest of the night trying to think of what he should do and say if he met her, and he wondered if he would come off as being some creepy stalker if he went to her garage by himself, as he realized that saying that he came to her garage because a mysterious voice from his answering machine told him that he needed her help to save an innocent man's life would make him come off as being several different kinds of insane, but then again....she is a Godslayer after all, so that would presumably just be another day in the office for her.

But of course just to try and make damn sure that the meeting would go as well as he could imagine it he decided to save a recording of the recorded message he received on his cellphone, just before he called up the number for the one person he knew personally that could both hold their own against any awakened weirdness they might encounter, and yet still have absolutely nothing better to do on a late Friday afternoon. "Hey Marina this is your uncle Immanuel, and I was just wondering if you had anything planned for tomorrow afternoon? Because I heard that they were playing a new シャークナード movie in the スターライトシネマ, and I was just wondering if you wanted to go and see it"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 08:08:01 pm »

((As a player in the other one I shall post to watch))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 08:23:26 pm »

Marina was on the brink of falling asleep to reading a boring book given to her by Gramps, titled Dummy's Guide to German. Apparently it was for "Learning about your roots," or so was she told. Like, if only there were a few pictures in the book to go along with the slew of texts, then it might've been much more bearable.

And just in the nick of the time, her phone rang, saving her from the dreadful boredom.

"Hey Marina this is your uncle Immanuel, and I was just wondering if you had anything planned for tomorrow afternoon? Because I heard that they were playing a new シャークナード movie in the スターライトシネマ, and I was just wondering if you wanted to go and see it"

Marina sighed with relief. "That sounds cool! Cooler than what I got, at least! Will you be picking me up?"

At the same time, she looked up about the movie on her computer. It seemed to have good ratings. And conveniently, she cast the book aside and got entirely sidetracked.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 12:40:51 am »

Marina was on the brink of falling asleep to reading a boring book given to her by Gramps, titled Dummy's Guide to German. Apparently it was for "Learning about your roots," or so was she told. Like, if only there were a few pictures in the book to go along with the slew of texts, then it might've been much more bearable.

And just in the nick of the time, her phone rang, saving her from the dreadful boredom.

"Hey Marina this is your uncle Immanuel, and I was just wondering if you had anything planned for tomorrow afternoon? Because I heard that they were playing a new シャークナード movie in the スターライトシネマ, and I was just wondering if you wanted to go and see it"

Marina sighed with relief. "That sounds cool! Cooler than what I got, at least! Will you be picking me up?"

At the same time, she looked up about the movie on her computer. It seemed to have good ratings. And conveniently, she cast the book aside and got entirely sidetracked.
Immanuel quietly looked at the Starlight cinema's website for the new Sharknado movie's showing times as he heard Marina's response, and he quietly ordered a pair of tickets for a 6 PM showing before he said "I'll pick you up at....3:45 or 4 PM tomorrow, since I have an errand to run and we can use that time to grab an early dinner before we go out to watch the movie, so I'll see you tomorrow alright?". After he heard Marina's response he would spend the next few moments by having the usual bits of about the usual subjects that basically everyone asks when they call someone before he said his goodbyes and hung up.

He then called up his grandfather as part of an unnecessarily long lasting attempt to convince him that it would in fact be a good idea to let him take Marina out for dinner, a movie, and an unspecified errand that involved a mechanic. And after he finally managed to pry a straight answer from the man he would finally try to sate his curiosity some more by calling Sasha Estevez's work number...only to find that the mechanic was currently away from her shop. This is why he decided to leave a simple recorded message on her answering machine where he said. "This is Challenger One, I got a message earlier this evening instructing me to contact a certain Sasha Estevez and to talk to her about British Airways Flight Zero-Zero-Seven to get further instructions, and I was just wondering if it would be fine if we met up somewhere to talk around 4:30 PM somewhere near the Starlight cinema? Either way please send a message to [Insert Immanuel's phone number here] once you get this".

After he did that he would spend the rest of the night trying to find out what is so special about this "Tor Svensen" person and the flight he is apparently taking next Thursday while he continued to think about exactly what he would need to intercept a flight in mid air and somehow stop a man from getting assassinated.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:29:36 am by cronos5010 »

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 02:20:03 am »

"Alright! See you then, uncle Immanuel!" Marina hung up. She gave the book on her table a side eye, and decided to spend the rest of the night on reading light novels instead... Well, after shower.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 02:30:42 am »

Gotlieb
Apparently he's the assistant director of marketing for Galactic Games, the company behind 6013 Space Warriors, that popular children's card game with that promotional anime and the dual demographics of actual children and older, more competitive players.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 02:44:02 am »

Immanuel wondered why someone wanted to assassinate a man who worked for a children's card game company as he called up his project's leader and asked them if he could essentially get off of work early tomorrow by saying something along the lines of "Something turned up last night and I really need to start preparing to deal with it tomorrow or something terrible is going to happen next Thursday, also I need the day off next Thursday to actually prevent that thing from happening.". Before he turned in for the night.

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 02:45:23 am »

It had been a rather slow day at the workshop, though Sasha expected as much. Some days and times have better traffic than others. She had a few morning clients come in, some for quick android repairs, others for simpler repairs on miscellaneous trinkets, but nothing of real note. As such, after a good meal, she grabbed her riding gear and mail and set off on a bit of a joyride to pass the night. It was during said joyride that a certain letter was found and read. With a sigh, she went back to the garage and started searching for information. The letter didn't have much in the way of details, so Sasha assumed that the event in question was somewhat urgent. It wouldn't have been the first time she had a rush job. Her attention was grabbed however when she noticed a message on her work phone with the following message:

"This is Challenger One, I got a message earlier this evening instructing me to contact a certain Sasha Estevez and to talk to her about British Airways Flight Zero-Zero-Seven to get further instructions, and I was just wondering if it would be fine if we met up somewhere to talk around 4:30 PM somewhere near the Starlight cinema? Either way please send a message to [Insert Immanuel's phone number here] once you get this".

"Could have at least mentioned a few details, but oh well. Guess whatever this letter is about wasn't happening today" Sasha sighs as she sends a return message.

"Hey...Challenger One? Got your message. I'll be there, and I'll be expecting some details. Bye."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 02:47:55 am »

Gotlieb
"I'll make it work. Any more information you can give about it? Crashing an arranged marriage, continuing to convince your family you're actually a prepubescent girl, that kind of affair?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9