Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures  (Read 7741 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari (Again) IC
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 03:03:40 am »

Immanuel simply replied to his project supervisor's question by saying "Something something mid life crisis something something saving lives and dynamically entering an airplane something something I'll send you a report on how the magical enhancements work in combat next week something something good night!.". Before he turned in for the night.

He had just woken up when he received Sasha Estevez's reply, and he quickly typed up a response that simply said "Then I'll see you at the 豆と去った cafe later, I will be the German man with blonde hair and blue eyes...also there will be a small child with brown hair sitting across the table, please don't ask what that is all about". After he did so he would go through the standard salaryman daily motions until it was time for him to pick up his niece.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:08:17 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 06:04:37 am »

Marina's next morning was akin to any other. She took care of the regulars, wished a little kid's toothache away, and gave them all her an enthusiastic "See you soon!" as they left the doors satisfied. The cuckoo clock at the end of the room popped out and gave exactly one cuckoo, and that would be the end of her shift.

She returned to her room and passed the time with a few romcoms, until it was finally time for his uncle to pick her up. She grabbed her randoseru, said goodbye to the other baristas in the cafe, and walked outside.

A few more minutes later, a Honshu Taxi stopped outside of the cafe. The windows lowered so she was able to see her uncle. And, of course, after that confirmation, she gladly opened the door and got on board.

"Good afternoon, uncle Immanuel!"

With that, the taxi accelerated and began to make its way to its destination.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 06:49:15 am »

Immanuel  mostly kept silent during the trip over to the bean and gone cafe, as he was honestly didn't want to say that the only reason why they were even heading to the cinema was because Marina's uncle was too embarrassed to met a human woman in a cafe alone, but after a few awkward moments of silence and quiet deliberation had passed he finally decided to man up and say "Okay so I have a weird favor to ask from you".

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 06:51:38 am »

Marina spaced out from watching the traffic come and go, and her uncle's question forcibly dragged her back to reality. "Wh-What is it, uncle?" She hastily turned to Immanuel.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 09:52:36 am »

Immanuel tried his best to seem calm when he said "The two of us are going to meet a mechanic named Sasha Estevez in the Bean and Gone cafe as part of that little errand I mentioned earlier, and I need you to not say anything about what you saw in there to your great grandfather alright? Mostly because we both know that the only words he'd hear would be 'We sat at a cafe and my uncle met a woman' and he'd immediately call me on the phone and ask me when the wedding will be.".

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 10:19:48 am »

As the next day rolled around, Sasha had a few clients come in for some repair jobs, but nothing major. When she got around to seeing the return message, she put out a notice saying that she would be gone for the afternoon. One of the perks of being self-employed. She took her motorcycle and drove over to the cafe, though using her powers the trip was quite short. She then waited for the individuals she was looking for to show up.

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 09:58:34 pm »

"... Oooh, so that's your errand... " Marina cracked a smug smile, "It's not like there's anything wrong with you finding the love of your life for once, but it's okay, I won't tell him! Though, what are you actually meeting her for, anyway? Obviously it can't be an actual date, or else you wouldn't have brought me along, right?" She asked with curiosity.

Before Immanuel could answer, the taxi conveniently arrived at its destination.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 10:18:07 pm »

Immanuel took out his wallet to count the amount of money he needed to pay the fare as he said "It's a work related thing and it shouldn't take too long". He then paid the taxi driver before he quietly stepped out of the car, and almost immediately saw the mechanic and what he assumed was her motorcycle waiting just outside of the cafe.

He walked over to Sasha after he made sure that Marina was following closely behind him, and he coughed slightly to get her attention before he offered her a handshake and said. "My name is Gotlieb, but you probably know me as Challenger One...we should really head inside before we talk about the job.".

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 10:23:30 pm »

Leaning on her motorcycle, Sasha notices the two people coming towards her, one of them with the name or title from the message she received last night.

"Sure I guess. Whatever floats your boat. Though I'm expecting a few details about this job." she says before snapping her fingers. The space around her motorcycle begins to shift, and after a moment the entire thing was gone, nowhere to be seen. "Now then, let's go," she says as she heads towards the cafe.

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 10:39:48 pm »

"Aw, okay then." Marina was a bit disappointed by the slightly-reduced vagueness in his uncle's words. She stepped out of the taxi and saw Sasha making her motorcycle go poof.

"Woaaah, you made it disappear! You're like those magicians on TV, but without a top hat!" She exclaimed, "a-anyway, my name's Marina, and unlike my uncle, I don't have a snazzy nickname." She followed Sasha into the cafe.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 02:23:10 am »

Immanuel nodded at Sasha's direction before he finally walked inside of the cafe, and he would take a tiny detour to order himself and Sasha a healthy yet relatively tasteless mug of hot black coffee, and some sweet lemon tea or something for Marina. He then walked towards the table the rest of the group and sat down right beside Marina before he finally decided to say. "Right, so how much do you know about the job?"

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 02:27:54 am »

"The only thing I know about the job is that I'm apparently grabbing two people off some plane and that you apparently know something. That's all," Sasha says, opting to drink from a canteen that seemingly appeared from thin air. She then glances at Immanuel before continuing. "While I've done operations with some rather limited info, I would prefer to get into my work with as much detail as possible. With that said, tell me what you know about this job."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 02:45:40 am »

Immanuel took a sip from his mug of unfortunately scalding coffee as he heard Sasha's reply, and he waited a few moments before he finally replied by saying. "I'm afraid that I don't really know much more than that, all I know is that next Thursday a man named Tor Svensen will fly on British Airways Flight Zero Zero Seven, and that an attempt on his life will be made by an unknown third party around twenty minutes before landing, and that I have been asked to intercept the plane mid flight and somehow thwarth the assassination attempt, and I was also told to contact you about the job as you....ahem, 'will know what to do'".

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 11:26:12 am »

"Huh, is that right? Glad they gave me those details in that letter" Sasha grumbles before continuing briefly. "Thwarting assassination attempts huh?" she sighs, taking another drink.
"Well, its not exactly in my job description, but I might be able to provide some assistance. Though getting on the plane mid flight may be a little awkward, but if you can get me near the plane, I can get you in. You'll just have to come up with ideas on how to do that.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 12:15:52 am »

"Huh, is that right? Glad they gave me those details in that letter" Sasha grumbles before continuing briefly. "Thwarting assassination attempts huh?" she sighs, taking another drink.
"Well, its not exactly in my job description, but I might be able to provide some assistance. Though getting on the plane mid flight may be a little awkward, but if you can get me near the plane, I can get you in. You'll just have to come up with ideas on how to do that.
Immanuel put the mug of coffee down onto the table before he said "How fast can your motorcycle go? And how comfortable are you with the idea of flying two other people on it?".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9