Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures  (Read 7727 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2018, 07:09:31 pm »

Sasha
"Sure, just make sure you get someone to pick up when you're done, y'know make sure the cops don't mistake you for murderer or something." Hanako tugs his sleeve again. "Right, Shifty Tony Stark up there a friend of yours or..?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2018, 07:17:34 pm »

"Who?" Sasha initially asks, unsure of who was being referred to until she notices Immanuel nearby. "Are you referring to Immanuel?" she asks, pointing at the guy in question. "I wouldn't call him a friend per say, but he also got called in to help deal with the assassination attempt. If you want to know more about him, it would be better to ask him yourself honestly," Sasha shrugs as she explains Immanuel's presence.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2018, 07:25:54 pm »

Sasha
"Don't mind if I do, catch you later." and with that the pair takes their leave.

Immanuel
Well the man heads run up the plane and just immediately starts calling out to you "Hey tinman! That suit of yours got any cameras on it?"

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2018, 08:06:54 pm »

"Oh... I guess we're done here, then," Marina muttered at her uncle's message. She waltzed out of the plane through the evacuation slides, still not forgetting to enjoy herself. Assuming she wasn't stopped, she would walk to the nose of the plane, where she expected to see her uncle.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2018, 09:01:45 pm »

Sasha
"Don't mind if I do, catch you later." and with that the pair takes their leave.

Immanuel
Well the man heads run up the plane and just immediately starts calling out to you "Hey tinman! That suit of yours got any cameras on it?"
Immanuel was only vaguely surprised when the man with the gun recognized him, as in all honesty just trying to literally walk away from the scene was in hindsight a pretty dumb plan, "No, but now I wish that it had a portable stealth field, because this is a bit....awkward ."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:04:41 pm by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »

Immanuel
"Or maybe not doing the most suspicious thing possible yes."
And with that, the man just walks off towards Tor.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2018, 11:39:46 pm »

"Oh... I guess we're done here, then," Marina muttered at her uncle's message. She waltzed out of the plane through the evacuation slides, still not forgetting to enjoy herself. Assuming she wasn't stopped, she would walk to the nose of the plane, where she expected to see her uncle.
Immanuel awkwardly stood there for a few moments as he waited for the man who is in direct contact with an AI to walk as far away from earshot as possible, and he hoped that he hadn't already matched his face with that of his real identity yet as he glanced towards Marina's direction and said, "...right, you are probably going to need to wish yourself a disguise, and...is it at all possible for you to wish away the memories off my face from someone before we leave?"

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2018, 01:52:08 am »

"Only if they wish to forget about you. I don't curse people, I grant wishes!" Marina pouted, "though, I guess I'll take a disguise. I'll give you one as well if you wish. Heck, I can give you a different mustache to go along with it."

Marina closed her eyes, and almost instantly, her clothes were changed into that of one of the passengers' she saw in the plane. To be exact, she looked like she just walked out of the nineties, with blue jeans and a red blouse. Her hair was curled up, making it look shorter than before. And lastly, she put on a pair of sunglasses, with a brown tint over it.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2018, 02:11:52 am »

"Only if they wish to forget about you. I don't curse people, I grant wishes!" Marina pouted, "though, I guess I'll take a disguise. I'll give you one as well if you wish. Heck, I can give you a different mustache to go along with it."

Marina closed her eyes, and almost instantly, her clothes were changed into that of one of the passengers' she saw in the plane. To be exact, she looked like she just walked out of the nineties, with blue jeans and a red blouse. Her hair was curled up, making it look shorter than before. And lastly, she put on a pair of sunglasses, with a brown tint over it.
Immanuel didn't have to close his eyes to teleport his suit of armor back onto him as he said, "I already have one.". After the armor fully assembled himself he slowly walked up to Marina and gently lifted her up to place her head on his shoulders before he said, "You might want to wish for some enhanced durability and maneuverability before we crash anything." He then rather swiftly  activated his boots of inexplicably fire based flight to launch himself and Marina back to Sendo city.

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2018, 02:22:40 am »

"You know I can fly," Marina muttered, though she still let her uncle carry her out of convenience. Wings sprouted from her back, ready to deal with any possible accident that could happen should her uncle screw up boots-based flight.

... In fact, she trusted herself more than those jet boots of her uncle's.

... She was basically her uncle's parachute.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2018, 03:40:19 am »

"You know I can fly," Marina muttered, though she still let her uncle carry her out of convenience. Wings sprouted from her back, ready to deal with any possible accident that could happen should her uncle screw up boots-based flight.

... In fact, she trusted herself more than those jet boots of her uncle's.

... She was basically her uncle's parachute.
It took quite a bit of time for the two of them to unceremoniously land on an empty rooftop somewhere near enough to where they lived after a long and mostly quiet trip. He couldn't really be bothered to teleport his armor away from him as he set Marina down and slowly started to walk towards the emergency exit. "Right, so I should probably get you something for doing this with me don't I?....does the warm feeling of satisfaction that you get from knowing that you have saved another man's life count?".

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2018, 04:27:50 am »

"Gee, having to use a niece as your failsafe. You're only half a man, if anything. I'll forgive you if you buy me a bucket of Chocolate Midnight Cookies Häagen-Dazs, though," Marina smiled with cockiness, before diving down the building with her wings, gently descending upon the streets. The wings dissipated, and her disguise faded along with it.

"Gosh... I need more fashion references," she uttered as she returned to the cafe, and back to her room. She would then spend her time browsing through the latest fashion trends online.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2018, 08:04:22 am »

Immanuel quickly ran towards the edge and shouted out "Or I could just make you a bullet proof disguise!" at his niece as she blatantly floated down to the streets below them on wings of...light. He in all honesty would have loved to jump down and attempt to follow her example using his own method of flight, but he swiftly remembered that he jumping down from a building onto a crowded street as a grown man in very heavy full plate sounded like a great idea! If he wanted to kill himself and take several other people along with him that is. Of course there was also the fact that he would presumably set several people on fire with his sabatons if he tried to slow his descent.

He ended up teleporting his armor off of his person and walking down the obligatory fire escape to head down to the street before he hailed a taxi back to his home. A small part of his mind nagged him about how he really should have taken the time to track Marina down and made sure that she made her way back to the cafe safe and sound, but he reasoned that he really shouldn't be worried about the teenager who he had dragged into fighting several undead card game playing assassins getting mugged or kidnapped on her way back, it was a short walk anyway.

When he found himself back in his apartment he couldn't help but start to really think about what he had just done for the past week, and how his life had somehow managed to take an even stranger turn into what was basically something straight out of a really old comic book, and he wondered what the woman who had called him about Tor Svensen's fate was, and he metaphorically cursed himself when he realized that he had forgotten to ask her name.

After a couple of hours or so of mostly aimless thinking powered by a strong desire to reconsider his life choices followed by a short nap. He turned to glance at a nearby table and the many blueprints and arcane recipes that he had stacked on top of it one day and never really bothered to clean, and he got up and dramatically snatched one from the top of the pile.

It was time for him to get to work, and if that last battle was any indication...he might want to invest in additional maneuverability.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:09:19 am by cronos5010 »

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2018, 09:29:03 am »

After mindlessly browsing through pages of fashion catalogs, Marina concluded that she wasn't going to get what she needed online.

She needed to consult... a professional.

OOC: and it's about time that I use color codes

"Hey Reeeemi, it's me, Marina," she hit up her old classmate, Remi. "Oh hi Marina! It's been like, a week! What's going on?"

"Heh, you wouldn't believe it if I told you," Marina stood up from her chair and swiftly locked the door. Then, she flung herself onto her bed.

"Come on, tell me! Tell me!"

"I saved like, three hundred people today! It's probably on the news now, check it out!"

"... Ooh, I saw it! You really aren't slacking at all, are ya?"

"Hehe... Anyway, I've been thinking about ideas for disguises, but I'm just not getting fashion these days... "

"... And you want ideas, right? Don't worry, Remi's got it covered! Just give me an hour to dress my dolls, alright?"

"Okay, thanks Remi! See you later!"

Calling them "dolls" was an understatement. They were more like mannequins... animated mannequins. They could take the form of anyone Remi's seen and still remembered, with eerily-natural body movement, and can even talk. Truly the ideal mannequins, and could be used for much more devious purposes such as manipulating the social lives of others, blackmailing her worst enemies, or even be used as tools for espionage.

... And of course she instead used it to visualize her new design ideas and "magically" figuring out what clothes suited people around her the best.

An hour passed by, and Marina soon got pictures of "herself" in a variety of clothes from Remi, in silly poses matching the clothes. "Perfect!" She replied with glee.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:50:39 am by IntSys »

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2018, 07:45:29 pm »

"Well, looks like things are getting taken care of. Now then," she pauses as she heads towards the exoskeleton. Grabbing some blankets to cover the thing a little, she puts the exoskeleton on her bike and begins to make her leave. Given the nature of her...cargo, she decides that a quick and deserted route back to her garage is best, using her powers to make impromptu shortcuts when needed and avoid the attention of any civilians. Once back, she decided to check to see if she had any appointments coming up before she tinkered with the exoskeleton.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9