Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 59983 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #630 on: June 07, 2018, 07:35:03 pm »

((I think it's better to use those weapons instead of dropping them and letting the guardians recover them.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 08, 2018, 06:59:05 am »

Welp, here goes. Back away a little bit. If the guardian attacks again, quickly lunge forward with both weapons

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 08, 2018, 07:42:49 am »

Back away slowly, turn around, and walk away. Try to find the murder doll using the Omega legion mark
"Nope! NOPE! Not dealling with some angry Mushrooms. NOT TODAY!"
(2) you backstep out of hte mushroom land, but are no wiser to the location of your teammates. (1) No wiser at all.

Quote from: rolls
(2)(1)...(1)...(1)(1)(1)...(1)(1)(1)
What.

Uh, try using the Omega Brand to know in which direction everyone is. I guess I'll start climbing the slope because it's the only way I'm able to go right now.
(4 )you get a vague feeling that they are down the slope somewhere. after all, the center was the goal, right? And I am being as gracuious as I can, else you would certainly be wandering lost for eternity. You still have a chance, but you still have to earn it.

Now, about your move speed verses the encroaching mob ... (4 v 3) they get within throwing range again, some even nearly within melee range (5 v 3) you are struck heavily on the head by something hard. Your vision fades to grey for a moment before coming back into near focus.

"Welp, that's a crapshoot.
Fuck's sake I forgot about the call button."

Find the call for help button and ... call for help. With the dice in a mood like they are, taking chances isn't a good thing.
Oh yeah, the Summoning Stones.
You dash over to the faintly shimmering cart and climb on, just before the golem topples it on top of you and climbs out over it. Well, at least you land face to face with one of those weird summon stone boxes. You reach out and open the box - various stones falling from the open lid and scattering around you. Now, what, specifically, does the stone you choose to use look like? Are there any special features of the stone? be as detailed as you like, and yes, this matters. If you are confused, consider these stones to be in a sort of quantum state, and your observation of one will collapse that state. One you've described your chosen stone, please state clearly that you are using it to summon something from Omega.

(Is it yet time for the summons, Xan?)

Floorgolem's got me by the feet, aye?  Angle my wings upwards and turn on the engines, breaking me free and hitting the floorgolem with the backwash.  Then try to place myself on the other side of the inspectors, so that the guardians have to attack them to get to me.

Also, Oz, if by hint you mean 'the Inspectors are about to complete their mission goal, either liquidating us or failing the mission for us', I'd like to know when exactly I had an opportunity to do something about that.  All they've been doing is sitting back with them outnumbering us, and several of them having ill-defined powers that could defeat Freddie instantly.
you guys have had an opportunity since the start to oppose the inspectors, had you wished to do so. Or to find out more about their mission, or whatever. Why gosh, from even before they became a thing - you could have handed Rex over to the army when you were surrounded, and passed peacefully by the city. But no, it was the summoning stones. That was the hint.

(6) you angle upward and fire your thrusters. It takes a moment, but you suddenly tear free from the floor and launch, yourself and the golem, straight through the ceiling. (1) The impact snaps Freddie's neck, killing him and turning the pair of them into a ballistic missile, which falls out of sight of the team. Moments later, the team hears a loud report from below and off to the side, as of metal colliding with metal in large quantities. (6) The hallway twists slightly, and settles with a groan, but otherwise seems unaffected by the damage it has taken.

Sorry, Dev. It was a tough fight to begin with, and you guys were short a couple teammates.

Welp, here goes. Back away a little bit. If the guardian attacks again, quickly lunge forward with both weapons
Yes, the guardian is going to attack again, so you also attack:
(3) v (3)Both of you seem ill suited to your current weapon loadout. The guardian attempts to jab and thrust with the heavy thing, and Kongor attempts to smash and batter. the guardian's weight advantage begins to show, pressing Kongor back toward the inspectors.

(4)(3) meanwhile, the two remaining guardians (meltface and the one that was pinned by the cart) have disentangled themselves from the wreckage and are bearing down on you. However: (6) that golden shimmer that arose from the purple mist that leaked out of the crashed cart has engulfed them both and strange things are happening to them (4)(6) One seems to slow down, as the sound of gears grinding begins within. Meanwhile, the other seems to speed up, moving erratically and without aim. This one stomps, smashes the walls, and flails about like a being suffering from seizures. The hallway begins to shake again, and you all hear things snapping, and the sound of small pieces of metal falling onto the floor.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: With a Mighty Bang
« Reply #633 on: June 08, 2018, 07:51:30 am »

Wander about, try to find ways to the heart gem, if I can find freddy, go to him.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:12:24 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 08, 2018, 08:06:47 am »

Attempt to use my grappling and rage to toss the guardian into the mist, having now seen the effects it has. Seek help from the inspectors as needed

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 08, 2018, 08:08:10 am »

Okay, I give up. The only reason I had to continue was meeting back with the team and Freddy, and Freddy just died. I lost interest on Rex and I will be abandoning him and creating new character. I wanted to play as a fighter, but Rex turned out to not only be crappy at fighting, but also at literally everything else.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 08, 2018, 08:30:52 am »

(After chatting with Oz on IRC)

(talking about spaz's location)

Dev:  "Hell, maybe Freddie landed in that room."  (the Fungus Room).

Oz:  "Freddie has landed pretty close to the heart. Not on it, but close."

Dev:  "Hmm, maybe the heart will heal a broken neck then.  It does pump out life, does it not?"

Oz: "Yes it does."

Also, spaz, your character can hear Freddie landing, and should know where to go from that.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 08, 2018, 08:33:14 am »

(After chatting with Oz on IRC)

(talking about spaz's location)

Dev:  "Hell, maybe Freddie landed in that room."  (the Fungus Room).

Oz:  "Freddie has landed pretty close to the heart. Not on it, but close."

Dev:  "Hmm, maybe the heart will heal a broken neck then.  It does pump out life, does it not?"

Oz: "Yes it does."

Also, spaz, your character can hear Freddie landing, and should know where to go from that.

((Well that’s pretty convenient))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 08, 2018, 08:34:49 am »

TOO convenient? Are you for, or against, or neither?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 08, 2018, 09:19:44 am »

TOO convenient? Are you for, or against, or neither?

((No not TOO convenient, and I am for it...though it kinda seems ironic))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 09, 2018, 06:43:52 pm »

The stone I observe seems to be made of a smooth black stone that glows an ominous green and autonomously flows and ripples as though it were made of liquid. The Omega Rune is prominently displayed on it, but incomprehensible scripture in alien languages fades in and out across the surface of it sporadically. It feels cool to the touch, but will eventually burn the hand of anyone who holds it. It smells of dust and plastic.

Gak uses it to summon something from Omega and throws it at the golems while booking it in the other direction as soon as he's sure the summoning procedure has started.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 09, 2018, 11:37:48 pm »

Check the bottom of the post. Omega summoning in progress and everyone living, undead, and recently living is likely to be affected.

Wander about, try to find ways to the heart gem, if I can find freddy, go to him.
Leaving the MsuhRoom, you pass through a narrow crack in the stone wall and come out onto a narrow ledge. In the distance, you see the swarms of Corefish, massive hanging ramps, enormous crystal tubes thrusting up from the Center through the steel sky, things like oil rigs drawing something green from deep within, and more. Below, two things catch your eye: first, The center is radiant. You estimate it to be about fifty feet across in diameter, and about a hundred yards below. It glows, pulses, flexes. It draws in black coal, raw iron, masses of vegetation. It radiates arcs of energy like one of those plasma sphere's you get from hobby stores around halloween. It pours forth green fluid, which flows up through the crystal tubes. basically, it draws in raw materials, and turns them into living energy.

The second thing that catches your eye is a rising streak of smoke. Your eye traces it down to a tangled pile below: a large metal being and a broken dragon, laying on a platform a dozen feet above the Heart. Above, not seventy yards away, is the sound of fighting from a cracked and somewhat mangled spiral tunnel. to your left, along the narrow ledge, is a catwalk and a narrow stairwell that goes up and down. (1) you work your way toward the stairwell, but the footing is treacherous and you fall (6) right into the pile of machinery and meat that is freddie and his last opponent. You strike hard, and several things shatter in you. You can feel your bones reknitting, but it makes you ravenously hungry.

Attempt to use my grappling and rage to toss the guardian into the mist, having now seen the effects it has. Seek help from the inspectors as needed
(4) you Rage, throw down your cumbersome weapons, and grab the golem's arms as it swings your weapon at you. you step in and twist, throwing the mechanical thing into the mist with it's companions, one of which seems to be regaining control, while the other seems to be morphing. it's getting smaller, and bits of broken machinery are dropping out of it. it's eyes are changing from whatever color I said they were before to a bright, shining red. Now, you've triggered rage mode, so I'm gonna roll to see if you resist rushing after your opponent: (4) you hold your ground for the moment, but the siren call of battle wants to pull you forward, mindless of ally or foe.

Okay, I give up. The only reason I had to continue was meeting back with the team and Freddy, and Freddy just died. I lost interest on Rex and I will be abandoning him and creating new character. I wanted to play as a fighter, but Rex turned out to not only be crappy at fighting, but also at literally everything else.
Rex had his good points and some successes. but I think he was a victim of minmaxing in a system that punishes minmaxing. He isn't the first in OL to suffer because of the way the character generation is done, which is why I am thinking of changing things up a bit in that regard. I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you, and I sympathize - your reactions echo my own when I have trouble with a character of mine, so I kinda know where you are coming from.

The stone I observe seems to be made of a smooth black stone that glows an ominous green and autonomously flows and ripples as though it were made of liquid. The Omega Rune is prominently displayed on it, but incomprehensible scripture in alien languages fades in and out across the surface of it sporadically. It feels cool to the touch, but will eventually burn the hand of anyone who holds it. It smells of dust and plastic.

Gak uses it to summon something from Omega and throws it at the golems while booking it in the other direction as soon as he's sure the summoning procedure has started.

Well, you certainly were specific. You ass. I was expecting something along the lines of "Represents an eight foot alligator with six arms and a third eye which shoots lazer beams." Or "Looks exactly like Mariah Carey, but Blue."

Well, let's see what happens. First, note that you don't really need to throw it, as you are more or less in the center of the storm. So, basically, you hold the thing in your hand, enact whatever ritual I said you guys learned in order to use the thing, then drop it and hoof it like someone who has had experience running from cataclysms.

Gak runs past Kongor, who is screaming wordlessly and beating his chest with his own electric gauntlets when a low tone makes it's presence known. it rises in volume, but not in pitch, rattling bone and metal alike. A brilliant green light pierces the flesh of everyone around, Omega, inspector, Core Fish ... It's bright enough that Kongor brings his gloves up to cover his unseeing eyes, as he stares at the bright after image projected onto his fists.

Gak feels the radiance pierce him like a sunburn eating into his flesh right to his core. It's like being baked alive. again. "Ohhellwhydoesthiskeephappeningtome!!!!!" he screams, as he bangs head first into some obstacle (2) and falls out of the tunnel. (4) he bounces off something hard, then bounces again, falling down what feels like a verywidely spaced flight of stairs, before coming to rest, dneted and sore on some catwalk or another.

Vladen sees this happen - Gak has fallen roughly fifty feet away, on a catwalk past a massive tangle of rubber hoses - some wider than the carts you came in on. Vladen is rather unhampered by the green light, but he's still rather banged up from teh fall, and like I said, is ravenously hungry.

None of you really see what happens next, since Kongor is the only one present and his eyes are stunned. But what he hears is a sort of snake in the grass slithering sound, repeated dozens of times all at once, then the sounds of metal pieces clicking together, or clunking, or screeching as they drag along each other. When Vladen and Gak look up, the end of the tunnel is glowing bright black, with spikes like magnetized ferrofluid jutting and dancing about. Lines and streaks of green race along the surface of this ferrous fright, arcing like lightning and screaming like banshees. the screaming is oddly hypnotic, drawing you in, as if it is trying to tell you something that you desperately want to hear.

(6) Kongor suddenly goes limp, and is hauled, senseless, onto the one remaining cart before he and the inspectors launch out of the swiftly changing tunnel. the wings ofthe cart spring open and the cart circles keeping as far as it can from the tunnel and whatever is in there, but not yet attempting to land.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 10, 2018, 01:14:05 pm »

Try to pry apart the metal to make a shield or failing that pick up freddie and use hin as a shield, if there is anything fleshy inside the metal OMNOMNOMNOMNOM, then run, run as fast as I can away from the liquid metal spikes to cover
"Hey guys, I'm back, what'd I miss?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:45:30 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 10, 2018, 03:16:43 pm »

((Apologies, sometimes I get intuition as to what I want to say. This was one of them.

Also heh, second mission and I've unleashed some form of magical cataclysm. Seems my ER vibes aren't quite gone yet.))

"Well, this has been fun. Bye bitches!"

If there's a spare cart, hijack it and fly away from the radioactive magnetic fluid apocalypse. If not, use the legs my summoner gave me, lamenting the fact that I only have two.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:43 am »

try to wake up from this coma I’m apparently in
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45