Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 60261 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:31 pm »

((Yeah, you'll probably want to be circumspect with that, especially since it now went from 'that middle-ranking gorilla' to 'my buddy Kongor.'  It'll change it from being just a scrap for position to some kind of rebellion, which means setting you on fire is okay.

Also, I figure all this animal psychology stuff will go away once I get some of Fred's mental stats above -2.  I figure Int or Cha would get rid of that.  Int would work because he'll be more capable of measuring situations and overriding his instincts.  Cha would work because he will be more capable of understanding relationships with his 9-year old brain.  Memory will be for learning more language and more complicated orders.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:12:04 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2018, 08:59:09 am »

((The worst thing was that when I tried to help everyone, my efforts ended with me dying. Then the whole mission died out because of lack of activity and if I had been alive and with everyone else I would have continued roleplaying to keep it alive. Also, because of multiple IC reasons, Rex is going to make multiple attemps to kill Kongor. That might be a problem later. You know, the peasant disobeyed and then humillated the king. Of course, unless Kongor insults Rex again, he's not going to try anything until he fully recovers now that he has calmed down.))

((Hey at least you're still alive this time. If I wanted to kill you, I likely would have slammed you harder, and being merciful like that is actually out of character for me in these situations. Also if I remember correctly your royalty only works effectively on aquatic/semi-aquatic animals, which means land animals don't even know who you are let alone want to obey someone from an entirely different species.))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:04:16 am by SuperDino85 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2018, 01:18:41 pm »

((He's still royality, though. He's just used to having everyone obey him.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2018, 06:30:38 am »

((Yeah I can kind of sympathize actually))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2018, 05:13:12 am »

Look at the bottom of the post for the situation.

(to the leading officer)Now that that's out of the way I shall proceed with the bindings as agreed. Any questions?
Bind the dragon's wings, but leave the rest for the civilian militia to handle.

I'm going to have you put a muzzle on him as well, because I don't want to dragthis capture out anymore. Freddie doesn't like the muzzle, but Dev has said he'll submit to it.

Wake up and attemp to regenerate limbs through sheer force of will. Plot to murder monkey as soon as possible.

((How do stats actually work? I had 2 in strenght and constitution and both did no damage to Kongor AND was defeated in a single hit by him. He has 1 strenght and 0 constitution.))
Stats modify the base material of the character race you begin with. a 0 is average for that race. If a pixie with +4 strength and a troll with -2 strength armwrestle, the troll will win, every time. That's why I laid out all that stuff about octopodes and Gorillas before resolving the fight. the autosuccess of Kongor's attack was, again, because you were literally wrapped around his fist, and the ground is virtually impossible to miss. And quite frankly, if you had wanted it fairer, Rex would be dead due to suicide by cop half a dozen turns ago.

As for the eye character, that really was bad luck. Well, that, and trying to force a locked airlock. I know it's discouraging to lose a character though, or to lose a battle. But take heart: Rex is the primary reason that flock of evil birds lost earlier. So you've progressed the mission pretty well already. And Rex may have failed against the goblinoids, but so did everyone else. Heck, Kongor tried more than once to chain lightning his gauntlets, and failed each time (much to my own disappointment).

(5) you awaken, deactivate the diamond skin necklace, and begin regrowing limbs. Your rogue limb returns to your control. so you have 6 full limbs and 2 stubs.

I'm clearly a cooperative individual! Look at how cooperative I'm beingivememyknivesplease
(3) the guards bring your knives nearby occasionally, and let you whisper sweet murder to them. It's almost some sort of perverse game with these guys. maybe you've made what passes for friends with your kind.

Get bound up according to the rules from before.  Walking is okay too, even if it isn't as fun as flying.  Still cool stuff to look at.

((It looks like you took some hits from before, with your rogue tentacle and in the collision earlier.  You're right about that last mission being a bit of a fuckup, though.  And don't worry, Freddie doesn't hate you, if he sees you in trouble from someone outside the pack he'll certainly rush to your defence.))
Alright. In the interest of brevity, I'm having Kongor muzzle you, as that was a primary concern for your captors. you mentioned expressing displeasure but going along with it.
(4) One of the wizards tosses a large, glittering ball ahead of you. It makes different noises as it rolls. sometimes it chimes, sometimes it clatters, sometimes it makes a thunking sound.
(you can add that to Freddie's inventory if you like)

You are transproted to the city. And perhaps the more intelligent among you realize, from the size of the guns protruding from massive slits in the thirty foot high walls, the faint hum of some kind of electric dome overhead, wiht foxfire racing up and across the surface of it occasionally, and the sheer scope of the city (surrounding the Bridge on all sides, extending a mile and a half out from the central tunnel in every direction), that this 'settlement' was not as simple and easy a target as suspected.

you are all fed, separated, and placed in cells of various kinds. The cells are comfortable, clean, and properly lit. Freddie's bindings come off as he enters his cell (I'm going to assume, between Kongor's coaching and the smell of food, Freddie goes in without a fight). Rex's cell is mostly underwater, with glass windows through which the guards communicate via speakerkelp, Freddie's is cavernous and cool, with a big pile of rounded stones to sleep on. Kongor's actually has plant life growing inside, and the sound of birds. Gak's is, in fact, a torture chamber, and he is tied securely to a rack and stretched. It's excruciating. Vlad's looks like half library, half armory.

You are individually questioned about the events you experienced.

If you have anything additional to say, go ahead and say it to your questioners now
A very large, rather fat man in a steel studded leather get-up is shouting questions at Gak while applying his tools of the trade.
a rather plain looking woman, wearing the insignia of a wizarding school, speaks to Kongor
an officer of some kind speaks to Rex, via the kelp transmitters
a completely naked, bald man with very pale skin (some would call it alabaster skin) addresses Vladen
nobody really asks questions of an immature dragon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2018, 05:19:38 am »

p.s. If you guys survive the city and continue on the quest, we'll do a level-up.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2018, 07:26:39 am »

Freddie doesn't say anything, naturally, but he's going to get a little worried and anxious if he isn't allowed to see any Omega members after a few days, and start exploring his cell with an eye towards getting out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2018, 09:33:05 am »

Rex cheerfully relates his whole life story while swimming and relaxing in the water.

"...Of about 200,000 eggs, only 6 survived until adulthood. I was the second youngest of them. My mother died the same day we hatched and I ate her remains when I grew up....
...People soon realized I was considerably larger and stronger than my brothers. I also realized that I loved to eat living things...
...I started eating the smaller hatchlings alive and grew far stronger than my weaker brothers...
...My father and my brothers were scared of me, but they still accepted me despite my cannibalistic tendencies. Spoilers, they die. No big deal...
...Since I was the fifth in the succesion line, I then systematically ate every single of my brothers, culminating with me devouring my father. I left my cousins as desserts...
...The youngest one fled the country. Think he started learning magic or medicine with the Architeuthis...
...So I waged war against them and genocided the whole species. It felt pretty good...
...Very bright. The light was very strong...
...I then broke his neck! Hahaha! Take that, peasant! You tried to eat ME? I EAT YOU!..."

Say everything I know. My whole life story, when I found myself in Omega inside a cage, when I killed that guy and broke his neck (important!), what things we killed in the way here, etc. Tell them everything about my life, the things I ate, the things I killed and the mission I didn't really pay attention to. Something about a heart? Make sure to answer every question with the full truth and be as cooperative as possible.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:10:00 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2018, 09:36:14 am »

Ask the man to "Please, Put on some pants.", and see if there is a way to summon a representative of the omega legion to talk to the guys. Otherwise comply and answer their questions truthfully/b]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:47:50 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2018, 11:42:37 am »

(to the woman) Sooo uhhh...what do you want to ask me?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2018, 07:06:57 pm »

Instead of giving my questioner any info, belittle his technique and deride him as sloppy. Be masochistic as fuuuuuck.

What kinds of questions am I being asked?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2018, 08:00:45 am »

Freddie doesn't say anything, naturally, but he's going to get a little worried and anxious if he isn't allowed to see any Omega members after a few days, and start exploring his cell with an eye towards getting out.
It shouldn't be that long. no more than a few hours, unless ... things.

Rex cheerfully relates his whole life story while swimming and relaxing in the water.

"...Of about 200,000 eggs, only 6 survived until adulthood. I was the second youngest of them. My mother died the same day we hatched and I ate her remains when I grew up....
...People soon realized I was considerably larger and stronger than my brothers. I also realized that I loved to eat living things...
...I started eating the smaller hatchlings alive and grew far stronger than my weaker brothers...
...My father and my brothers were scared of me, but they still accepted me despite my cannibalistic tendencies. Spoilers, they die. No big deal...
...Since I was the fifth in the succesion line, I then systematically ate every single of my brothers, culminating with me devouring my father. I left my cousins as desserts...
...The youngest one fled the country. Think he started learning magic or medicine with the Architeuthis...
...So I waged war against them and genocided the whole species. It felt pretty good...
...Very bright. The light was very strong...
...I then broke his neck! Hahaha! Take that, peasant! You tried to eat ME? I EAT YOU!..."

Say everything I know. My whole life story, when I found myself in Omega inside a cage, when I killed that guy and broke his neck (important!), what things we killed in the way here, etc. Tell them everything about my life, the things I ate, the things I killed and the mission I didn't really pay attention to. Something about a heart? Make sure to answer every question with the full truth and be as cooperative as possible.
(hidden) well, you have a very receptive audience, at least. They listen intently, nodding their heads through the window at salient places, and take detailed notes. They even ask you questions about bloodline, extent of your kingdom, and so forth. One even asks the proper form of address for one such as yourself.

Ask the man to "Please, Put on some pants.", and see if there is a way to summon a representative of the omega legion to talk to the guys. Otherwise comply and answer their questions truthfully/b]

DID Someone say "SUMMON?"

(1)you could probably summon an Omega Representative if you eat the pantsless guy.

"Your pardon, but did you say this world is dying? Dying of what? And what effect will the success of your mission have on that process?"

(to the woman) Sooo uhhh...what do you want to ask me?
"Well, first off, what the heck are you people? That's quite a set of different beings yo uare with. Why are you with tehm?

Second: why are you here? What is the purpose for your journey?

Third: could you please explain the events leading up to your party setting fire to our patrol?"

Instead of giving my questioner any info, belittle his technique and deride him as sloppy. Be masochistic as fuuuuuck.

What kinds of questions am I being asked?

You and the executioner get along famously, for about half an hour. The torches were a nice touch. When you finally cool down, you notice that you are walking straighter (your dex impairment is repaired).

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2018, 08:31:37 am »

Nap if I'm tired, play with the noisy toy if I'm not.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2018, 08:40:13 am »

Rex continues to talk with the nice people.

"...Bloodlines? I made sure to get rid of anyone who could possibly assassinate me and take the throne. I'm afaird I am the only one left... Yes, I know little Exul escaped from the ocean during the third and last Architeuthis-Enteroctopus war, but he won't be a problem. He might be smart and be skilled in magic, but he's small and frail. He knows that if he tries to get rid of me, he will become the new Octopus King. Only those who are strong are fit to rule, and he wouldn't last a week in the throne!
Extent of my kingdom? About 155 million square kilometers. Most of the this is just water and rocks. The rest of the oceans are divided between the kingdom of the Architeuthis and the wild Nautilus clans. During the last genocidal war, we ended with 90% of the Architeuthis and the Nautilus took over most of their "lands". How to address me? My subjects refer to me as the Octopus King, but since no one is my subject here and I'm not in my kingdom anymore, just call me Rex. It is truly a pleasure to talk to reasonable people who truly understands how to propely treat royality. Did you know? This is the first time I have touched water since my departure from my world! If I could, I would love to stay here for a slightly longer time. Alas, I have been cursed and imprisoned by an unseen force and if  do not finish my mission, I might die. Or worse..."

TALK! PEOPLE THAT FINALLY LISTEN TO ME!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2018, 09:07:45 am »

To answer your first question, we're all part of a more or less united group of all the key members of our species.
Second: We're looking for some kind of an artifact that we think is still some distance away, but I don't really know what it is because I wasn't paying full attention.
Third: this is the third time we've been confronted by some kind of army. The first time our carts were on the brink of being torn to shreds by birds,
 the second time was with the goblinoid idiot things that nearly doubled our suffering, and then there's you lot, who I'm not as worried about because you're clearly more civilized. The only thing I saw of the fire blast was the explosion some ways away from us, but I didn't see who did it,
 because I was busy trying to get goblinoids off of me. Anything else?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45