Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Battle World: Lets rock  (Read 5566 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battle World: Lets rock
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:02:51 pm »

Cue the scene of a masked man sitting on a throne in space. With a wave of his hand, a massive planet forms in seconds with core, crust and surface. Then comes Life, then comes portals.

" To those who wish to display their power. This world, is to be your playground."

Cue people sucked up in portals and brought there.

" Good? Evil? These are merely labels. All there is here. Is a love of combat."

Rules/ Setup: Its like Kill the God Modder, except it's everyone for themselves and no destroying battle World planet or universe.

The more impressive your hax combat is, it works. Can be comedy or serious as all are invited.

The man in seat is barred from being attacked or all of battle World, including guests will die. Should you get beaten down, you merely red pawn or punch in a new character or do both and make your own team in time.

As for my role? As throne guy I mix the stuff up, and send my own guys to make it interesting. Just want a combat rpg game rules light and full of possiblites. And rping can occur in defining their plots and arcs and such.

Character creation is simple, name, appearance given and fighting style. Then have them sucked in.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Battle World: Lets rock
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »

Hmn? Anyone, any powers? Ok.

Entering as Aaron Blaze, from Axewrath. He's descended from dragons, and has the appearance and abilities to prove it. He wields his Daemei Great Hammer and the Shieldsplitter axe, each capable of great damage on their own, only improved by his great strength in his draconic form. At his strongest, he can kill demon lords before they can even strike.
In Undead Hunt, he functionally had a +4 to all rolls (on a d6!), plus an immunity to overshoots; this roughly translates to having absurdly good luck in every endeavor of his, especially combat. Paired with his immunity to other people messing with his luck, this is his deadliest weapon on the battlefield. Furthermore, opponents fighting him find it difficult to fight at full effectiveness (please note the fact that opponents receive a -1...), and he is even harder to hit than his hits are hard (his Stone Dragon's Resilience).
Beyond that, due to his Spectral Dragon form, Aaron has the ability to be perpetually intangible, able to be damaged only by other spirits and by magic. If he desires even greater physical strengths, he can shift to Shadow Dragon form, gifting him a variety of demonic powers, stolen from a attempted possessor.

And that's all based on things that I can actually do in-game, people. There's not even a little bit of exaggeration here.

[In case a simple description of fighting style is needed: charge in, hammer and axe swinging. Who needs caution when you have inexhaustible luck?]

EDIT: a note: Aaron does not attack people unless they either attacked him first or else displayed clear intent to attack him, or are essentially mindless entities hostile to all life (please see: generic zombies, demons, and dark spirits).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:13:22 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:33 am »

Entering as Orion, sorcerer of Orbs.

Orion is a wise and powerful sorcerer with the affinity of orbs. Basically, if it involves orbs, he can do it with enough time and focus. Example spells: conjure orb of spell amplification, shape target's lungs into orb, create orb-shaped force field... et cetera.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 03:37:15 am »

(Is this game still open/active?)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 07:54:25 am »

Name: Cat the Siamese Cat

A Siamese cat with glowing purple eyes. Her eyes glow with psychic energies.

Fighting style: Walk in, psionically grab the enemy, bash headfirst into the ground until the brains spill out; or conjure a lance of psychic energy to make the target explode into gore.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 12:23:12 pm »

Wow, I actually had the idea to day a Battleworld kind of game. I mean, I can still do it with enough differentiation (more serious, more rules, etc.), but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Name: Mirihero Sakurai

A 6'1" Japanese man clad in a pitch black ninja outfit, with a katana on his back and a wakizashi in his side-sheathe. Shuriken are within a pouch on his side, and a kusarigama hanging on his back.

Fighting Style: Along with the aforementioned weapons (katana, wakizashi, shuriken, and kusarigama), Mirihero also uses many stealth techniques, such as simple sneaking, smoke bombs, and a kunai that can be used as both a weapon and a climbing instrument.

Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 12:39:37 pm »

( It can still go on if you all wish it too. Just wanted a thread about over the top fighting.)

The maker makes two new rules as Battle World now teeming with monsters.:

“ You can practice on monsters.”

“ Warrior death is not permanent, you will respawned .”

( Will finally post my guys latter.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:44:36 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 01:30:09 pm »

“you will resplendent.”
Pretty sure that's an adjective. :p

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 02:45:39 pm »

Edited! And plot wise.

: Cue big bad metal clad giant with a skyscraper sized sword plowing a field, looking for a foe. Not a character, just a encounter.:

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 02:59:13 pm »

Spectral dragon form; Aaron flies up to the giant's face and starts laying into it.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 03:16:41 pm »

Name: Daphne Oneiri

Appearance: A creepy 13 year old girl with neck length golden curls and green eyes, Daphne wears a black dress with black, knee-high boots and black ribbons in her hair. A sharp kitchen knife with brown specks of dried blood is held at her side by her belt.

Fighting Style: Daphne has the ability to create two types of 'dreams' into existence: lucid dreams and illusive dreams. Lucid dreams have whatever effects Daphne wants on reality and its denizens, can be affected as if they were actually real, and can come in many forms such as items or people to name a few. Basically, she 'dreams' them to be real. Illusive dreams; however, can also come in many forms but behave more like what one would expect of a typical illusion. They are mainly used to either distract and confuse the target or to break their will. Since she cannot win in a direct melee engagement with someone stronger than her, like for example a grown man for obvious reasons, Daphne will typically seek to only engage from range and will only use her knife to defend herself long enough to put some distance between the both of them or if the target is sufficiently distracted or wounded. Constantly analyzing the battlefield and its participants, Daphne will always seek to use whatever advantages she discovered to come out on top.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 02:04:29 am »

The iron giant got rocked in the face, not destroyed due to tough armor layer and enhanced field of protection soaking the hits. From its scarlet eyes came a ray of red light to burn the dragon to a degree.:

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 02:06:40 am »

Cat sends two lances of psychic energy into the giant's eyes, hopefully blinding it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 05:56:48 am »

Mirihero throws a smoke bomb directly into the giant's eyes.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 08:29:21 am »

The iron giant got rocked in the face, not destroyed due to tough armor layer and enhanced field of protection soaking the hits. From its scarlet eyes came a ray of red light to burn the dragon to a degree.:
And here's where I inform you of immunity to fire damage... just, go check my Undead Hunt character sheet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8