Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The King of Evil (ISG) - Prologue  (Read 5861 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Evil (ISG) - Prologue
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 10:25:12 pm »

Color's a bit annoying on both white and darkling actually. I checked.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 08:57:12 am »

Your name is Leur Inkari, and that was how you were banished.

Sealed away. Lost, forgotten. Once, at the height of you power, you were a being of such world-ending capacity that even the mention of your real name would send even the most hardened of mortals into a tizzy of fright. They even had to make six  seperate titles for you in order to avoid this problem.

You dream of times when your forces would conquer the realms of humanity. You remember when your servants would do battle against the angels of God, and come out victorious. You remember when you would flick your wrist at legions of holy warriors and send them into the depths of Hell without a thought. You don't reminscience on the time before you became a Lich, because, in truth, you cannot recall those times anymore.

The only memory you can retrieve from those times is your brother. Your hated, hated brother. Tolrak. You can't remember his face. You hesitate to call him your brother, because you have moved past the point for your need to refer to any being as kin. You only remember that loathsome veneer of steel and gold. You only remember that sword he stabbed into the ground to wash out your world into a prison of white. You only remember hate.

You imagine the world of Prosponia rejoiced at your defeat. You imagine Tolrak becoming known as a hero, bringing back honor to his family and erasing your own last name from history's script. You dream, imagine, and remember all you can, but it's been so long. Your very being has faded and dulled.

But...

It seems that's not the only thing that has dulled. The ground and even the sky have been washed of your evils, yet nothing seems to have replaced them but dust and rust.

It has been a long time. You have barely a fraction of your former might. But the same can be said of your prison. And you do pride yourself on your ability to persevere. You slam your mental fists against the walls of the decrepit, holy sword, until you feel them...

Break.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:01:05 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:33:56 am »

Take a Jog to Walk (down) your memory (lane)

Don't forget to take time to examine the scenery/surroundings leisurely.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 11:19:48 am »

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 01:08:15 pm »

+1
+1 chuckle a bit
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 05:21:43 pm »

+1
+1 chuckle a bit

Might I also suggest looking for a new hat along the way?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:43:07 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 05:42:25 pm »

Cackle for a bit and then go for a brisk, moonlight walk.

You’re Free!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 10:17:15 pm »

+1
+1 chuckle a bit
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 05:35:53 pm »

You decide to go for a walk.

Along the way, you cackle to yourself as you stretch your legs, finding your mind wandering the long-forgotten halls of your memory, having room to think away from that stifling stark white of your newly disintegrated prison.

This place was once your base of operations - you recall a tower, your tomb for as long as you can remember. It was not always so barren even after you declared war on the world, you remember as well. It seems the evil power from your sealed form has bled into the ground, saturating the whole place. Not anything substantial enough for you to 'suck back up' as it were - you suspect it took a long time, after all - yet the effects on it are clear. Nothing but lifeless sand and the occasional rock occupy this place it seems, though the residual energy could be useful in the future. Perhaps you also recall a name for this place, the old cradle of your power.

Ah, those times. As a Lich, you remember your magical power being utterly unrivaled. You cannot fathom the specifics at all - a side effect of your being killed by a holy paladin and whatnot, perhaps - but some basics any sorcerer should know come back to you, like loyal friends.

Of the world at large, the lens of blood and conquest has dulled your memory of it more than anything. You remember the name of the world itself - Prosponia. You can also remember the name of your birthkingdom, the one you betrayed. The Theocracy of Zel. You gag reflexively. Such deeply-seated disdain you have for that place, you can only compare it to a startlingly large, dirty rat.

Yes, a little like that one.

I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 06:27:35 pm »

Bend the rat to our will and make it our first servant.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 07:22:55 pm »

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »

Turn the rat into a ratlich
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 05:41:13 am »

Turn the rat into a ratlich
+1 And name it bob.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 05:56:01 am »

Ratticus Von Rattio is a far superior name to a mere 'Bob.' Properly suited for a creature that's managed to live in this desolate deathsoaked hellhole for who knows how long.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 07:31:15 am »

You use your SUPREME MAGICAL ENERGY to INSTANTLY, AUTOMATICALLY AND IRREVERSIBLY bend the rat's feeble mind to YOUR WILL AS EASILY AS A RUBBER CHICKEN for NO COST. YES, you're so BONE-RATTLINGLY CONFIDENT that this plan will work that you PRE-EMPTIVELY begin the process of giving your new UNFLINCHINGLY LOYAL COMPANION a name - BOB. No, RATTICUS VON RATTIO. YES, you and young RATTICUS will DROWN THE WORLD IN BLOOD AND DARKNESS ONCE AGAIN. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, not really. You realize you don't remember any spells that would result in Ratticus becoming your servant or a fellow lich without it first being converted with a 1:1 ratio into a Ratticus corpse.

Taking advantage of your confusion, Ratticus dashes forward and bites on your arm with feral, wild instinct. It doesn't hurt that much, but it does tear off a piece of your cloak. (-2 Mi)

carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5