Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 17589 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 1.3
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2017, 08:49:11 pm »

They are both cool, I would rather not choose one over the other. Hulk has that whole "getting stronger" thing which presumably plays off of the fire affinity of imps, while cool plant monsters... I guess I could try to tie us again, that might be fun...

Quote from: Votes

1: Det: Blue Imps
0: : Medium Imps
1: Det: Imp Pits
4: Fai, Doo, Dar, Hel: Hulk
6: hel, dar, Pir/Kyu, det, Doo, Fai: Design: The Imp-ress
3: Pir/Kyu, ros, RAM: Robusarbusto
6: RAM, Doo, Pir/Kyu, Fai, Dar, Hel: Volley Formation
1: RAM: W.E.A.K.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »

The problem with the robobobo- rosobotsu, roto- fuck it, the Florans is that I'm worried they're going to be too new, the hulks are for the most part big imps that get stronger as they fight, they're even made dumber to make up for part of it.
The Florans on the other hand are a decent bit larger then our imps(though not as much so as hulks probably), and fairly strong, and tough, and also fast, this is all in addition to us taking a trip into an entirely different taxonomic kingdom, and there's also their reverse photosynthesis, and you can say that's fluff as much as you want but it's still a new trait that has not existed until now and can be built upon into something useful.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:15:27 pm by Failbird105 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:28 pm »

Yep, that is part of why I like them. We are going to want to diversify at some point, and they seem like a not terrible way to do that. I do like plants...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2017, 11:20:19 pm »

Another consideration is that if we develop them now, it's a revision once we hit the combat turns. We should develop now, revise later, as revisions guarantee that we keep at least a functional unit, development is not so reliable.

3: Fai, Dar, Hel: Hulk
4: Pir/Kyu, ros, Doom, RAM: Robusarbusto
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:29:10 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2017, 11:59:47 pm »

change vote to plant people so we can end this voting phase
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2017, 12:10:24 am »

2: Fai, Hel: Hulk
5: Pir/Kyu, ros, Dark, Doom, RAM: Robusarbusto
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2017, 03:01:02 am »

Another consideration is that if we develop them now, it's a revision once we hit the combat turns. We should develop now, revise later, as revisions guarantee that we keep at least a functional unit, development is not so reliable.
bUT THIS IS OUR LAS- But this is our last action before the game starts proper. Wouldn't it be better to do risky design-type stuff at the start of a round so we would have two actions left over to prototype and fix it?

I am really finding it difficult to justify prototyping. I was dubious about revisions in Prometheus where they replace the design, but that actually works because it is the only way to refine a design, otherwise the only way you get something that is good across the board is to get three great rolls in succession. So I am not entirely perfect at spotting the value of an action first thing. That said, prototyping, as far as I can tell, does nothing but show the rolls, which we get anyway if we just deploy blind. Knowledge is great and all, but... I mean, okay, it saves us resources spent on bad designs, but only a portion of a single turn's. It saves us from deploying a bad counter, but we could make a second counter for the same price, and a third in place of knowing what is wrong and then actually fixing it so that we have something that works, at which point we don't know the rolls and could be deploying a dud again... I was thinking that it might be good for massive investments, things that you don't want to dip into lightly, but anything massive-investmenty is too big to prototype, so that isn't even an option.

All I can think of is if we wanted to pull some secret weapon or pure technology action. The pure technology action we make something implausibly difficult, then check the result and incorporate the elements that sounded like they worked into a new design or revision while throwing out the stuff that didn't. Instead of that though, we could make three massive technology designs, build one of each, and then make our new designs with three times as much(or perhaps 50% more? To be completely fair? By factoring in the two turns...) exciting new odds and ends from the ultimately failed designs. As for a secret weapon. I mean, I guess. Just repeating something over and over until it is perfect, then unleashing a full turn's production on it with no warning would be dangerous, but the action-economy is abysmal...

It is not that prototyping is useless, it is just that it seems like it would always be weaker than the other options. It just really feels like it needs something more, or everything else needs less. Like maybe if rolls were never revealed without it, and we just had to guess the outcomes based upon battle reports? Or if prototyping gave the design +1? Or a reroll and take the better result? Or an option to reroll after seeing the roll it got? I dunno... I would just be surprised to find out that any prototyping happened.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2017, 07:47:27 am »

In general, almost all non-structural things will be low enough in cost to prototype, with exceptions made for champions and things you repeatedly stacked magic on.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2017, 12:31:09 am »

Hey, do you guys have any idea what areas we could perform a research action on? I suggest:
  • Magic Item Manufacturing
  • Mining
  • Magical Affinity, as our imps have
  • Expanding Fear spells to allow complex hallucinations

My favorite being the last on the list.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2017, 12:40:18 am »

Hey, do you guys have any idea what areas we could perform a research action on? I suggest:
  • Magic Item Manufacturing
  • Mining
  • Magical Affinity, as our imps have
  • Expanding Fear spells to allow complex hallucinations

My favorite being the last on the list.

Discipline and military organization. What was the defining feature of the roman legions? Discipline. Organization. Coordination.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2017, 07:59:50 am »

Tacticimp
The Tacticimp is an imp of slightly bigger size than the regular imps. It has the psyche of an imp but it has a much biggerbrain with tactical and strategic computational centres. By quivkly analyzing any situation this tacticimp can quickly rally the troops to a new plan. The most outstanding tacticimps become generals but usually they stay at the battlefront to lead their troops.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era 2, Phase 2
« Reply #266 on: December 24, 2017, 11:20:08 pm »

Darkness crackles, as it feeds into a single point, dark becomes light for a moment, then all returns to normal.
Spoiler: Untested (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Structures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Army Stats (click to show/hide)
It is now the Second eras Production and movement phase, The time for battle draws near.
Central thread
Discord[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:21:50 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2
« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2017, 11:24:29 pm »

we should at least produce 2-4 impress
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of darkness
« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2017, 12:26:54 am »

Quote from: Production Plan Unification

cost many thing
 100  100 Imps(unarmed)
 250 1000 Raw Resources
1000  250 Imps(Flame Caster, Shadecrystal Shield(250 Foundry))
2000  500 Imps(Flame Caster)
1000    2 Impress
 250    ? Impress Resource Reserve
3000  300 Robusarbusto(Shadow Blade(150 foundry), Shadecrystal Shield(300 foundry))
 200  200 Imps(Shadow Blade(100 foundree), Shadecrystal Shield(200 foundry))
2200  440 Imps(Spear caster)

Quote from: Movement Plan Abrakadabra

500 unarmed Imps work the foundries.
200 Shadowblade-equipped Imps tend to the Impresses.
Split our remaining conventional(not champions) forces in half and go to the planes of fire and Earth with equal numbers.
Lich goes to Earth to locate the G.M..
Read the First Post!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2
« Reply #269 on: December 25, 2017, 09:51:05 am »

Quote from: votes for plans
2: RAM, Fai - production plan unification
- 2: RAM, Fai - movement plan abrakadabra
You know what, nobody has made a better plan, and plans like this aren't my forte, so I'll go with that one. I'm assuming you voted for your own plan RAM.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19