Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 17590 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: FOP - Era two, Phase 1.2
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2017, 09:39:41 pm »

This isn't a sci fi game failbird, it could be that shadow has an innate magic that is similar to the energy light has, either way, its not efficient and its more a bit of fluff then anything else.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2017, 09:43:50 pm »

Failbird, I was overreacting to the strengthen over time aspect. My apologies. I do think that your version works better for general use formations, as I want to us the hulks inside formations instead of as formation breakers.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2017, 09:44:05 pm »

there's only nine of us left i think so volley right now has majority followed by hulk unless some people want to vote for other things
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2017, 09:51:06 pm »

there's only nine of us left i think so volley right now has majority followed by hulk unless some people want to vote for other things
I think we're basically discussing our third turn action by this point, yeah.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2017, 10:05:36 pm »

i have read some of the arguments and really it comes down to the Robusarbusto and hulk, i'll stick with hulk for now but the Robusarbusto could be something for the next design phase
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2017, 10:22:11 pm »

Yeah, but I am curious what mechanism you want them to grow stronger through. We could also cut that out if you want. 6 foot tall imps are pretty good for a starting force. Also would cost less.

My main concern about the growing stronger bit is that Abe will view it as an enchant that we haven't researched yet, making the design harder.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharlesAtlasSuperpower?
Maybe mix it up with adrenaline and throw in a dash of "fire= conflict and intensity" to focus the effect on combat. Sort of, "their innate fire energy is ignited by the burning passions of a mortal conflict and drawn into specifuc parts of their body by exertion, where it settles and empowers." so that their physique just keeps getting better at whatever they do in combat...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2017, 11:10:46 pm »

I made a few additions to my own race, might change a few things as its kind of work in progress still but for now I like the fluff I made.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 16, 2017, 12:54:04 am »

So, like, I pretty much agree that we need a tough unit, but I had this idea for armour and don't want to just sit on it...
Worn Equipment Against being Killed.
This is less a design and more a method, the intention being to create a simple armour concept that can be applied to most body-types. layers of fabric or leather are formed into a crude, limbless torso covering and redundantly sewn together into a somewhat rigid form. Metal plates are roughly beaten into shape and then riveted onto the torso covering. The rivets can wear the fabric and allow the plates to work loose and fall off, depending upon the fabrics used the padding can be flammable(though its density tends to reduce its ignition temperature unless the edges are frayed, which is admittedly likely if the armour isn't maintained), the padding is only marginally flexible and lacks personal tailoring while the plates only approximate the shape of a torso so it can be uncomfortable and slip or shift somewhat, and it leaves the limbs and flexible parts of the torso exposed, so it is not particularly good. For all that though, it can be built from a minimum of expensive resources and labour compared to more competent armours and can put a layer of metal between the enemy and the central-mass of almost anything.

Prices likely to vary based upon recipient...

Someone actually familiar with historical armour construction might know of a cheaper and/or dirtier form of armour, or perhaps we can consider producing master-craftsmen who can mass produce gothic-plate as easily as coins. Or we could consider only investing in expensive armour for expensive units...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 16, 2017, 02:05:54 am »

well if we do take over the earth realm we could make dwarves as miners and master craftsmen and we do know that they would be sturdy and very hard to kill. i will make a proper design for this after earth realm is ours.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 16, 2017, 03:37:47 am »

Would we want any special quirks with our dwarves? Like... We could give them upwards-curving side-facing horns and metallic scalps... And a symbiotic Algae that catches food by growing beneath their mouth, in return, the algae could keep their teeth clean, and filter earth magic out of the air and into the dwarf...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:41:52 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2017, 02:26:04 pm »

more like a complete metallic skin for them and have their bones made of something hard like steel or even harder. if you want to suggest idea to add please do

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2017, 02:34:44 pm »

So, some ideas I see in thread/my head:
metal breastplate (as the above design)
Laminar (wide bands of armor riveted together)
Lamellar (small plates of armor riveted together)
leather armor (and variants)
refined shadecrystal breastplate/helmet

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era 2, Phase 1.3
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2017, 08:29:00 pm »

A new tactic is devised and granted to the tribal chieftains ( 8 ) and from the testing they do it is quite effective, keeping the flames flying for longer, and more accurately than would be normal as well as keeping the troops in order.
Spoiler: Untested (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Structures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Army Stats (click to show/hide)
It is now the Second era, third development phase.
Central thread
Discord
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2017, 08:32:51 pm »

Quote from: Votes

1: Det: Blue Imps
0: : Medium Imps
1: Det: Imp Pits
5: Fai, Doo, Dar, Hel, RAM: Hulk
6: hel, dar, Pir/Kyu, det, Doo, Fai: Design: The Imp-ress
3: Pir/Kyu, ros, RAM: Robusarbusto
6: RAM, Doo, Pir/Kyu, Fai, Dar, Hel: Volley Formation

This is the most recent one I found.
Read the First Post!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 1.3
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2017, 08:43:08 pm »

Ram, I think it would be best if you voted either for Robusarbusto or the Hulk, seeing how they are main competition to each other at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19