Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 17624 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of darkness - Era two, Phase 1
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2017, 12:39:55 am »

I can get behind volley formation.

Something we might want to do later is give our guys wings so they can hop up and shoot down at enemies engaging the frontlines without having to move to the flanks.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2017, 10:42:28 am »

I can get behind volley formation.

Something we might want to do later is give our guys wings so they can hop up and shoot down at enemies engaging the frontlines without having to move to the flanks.
Also, if they have cherubs, wings will let us close to melee.

Quote from: Votes

1: Det: Blue Imps
0: : Medium Imps
2: Doo, Det: Imp Pits
2: Fai, Doo: Hulk
2: hel, dar: Design: The Imp-ress
1: pir: Robusarbusto
2: RAM, Doo: Volley Formation

Spoiler: names (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2017, 01:20:41 pm »

I like dealing with plants. Could get a lot of interesting species.

I would request 1 modification to Robusarbusto from the creator:
The plants also are able to swallow smaller creatures whole and slowly digest them and feed off their suffering.
During this slow digestion they would recover health and potentially learn enemy secrets as they absorb the victim's memories.

2: hel, dar: Design: The Imp-ress
2: ros: Robusarbusto
2: RAM, Doo: Volley Formation

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2017, 01:57:51 pm »

Voting for the imp-ress and the name Empire of Umbra

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »

Rose, I feel as if that would be a bit much, they are already strong and agile along with being 5 feet tall. I think having them able to eat smaller creatures and feed off their suffering along with gaining any secrets and memories would be a unnecessarily complex and useless addition considering the only real thing they could do that with would have to be at largest the size of a small bunny. We could probably make a snake like creature that could do that later on though, and its not a bad idea for a larger creature I have to say.

Also adding my votes

3: hel, dar, Pir/Kyu: Design: The Imp-ress
2: Pir/Kyu, ros: Robusarbusto
3: RAM, Doo, Pir/Kyu: Volley Formation

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:55:17 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2017, 06:17:29 pm »

3: Fai, Doo, Dar: Hulk
5: hel, dar, Pir/Kyu, det, Fai: Design: The Imp-ress
2: Pir/Kyu, ros: Robusarbusto
5: RAM, Doo, Pir/Kyu, Fai, Dar: Volley Formation

when either the Imp-ress or imp pit win(but I mean, we all know which one will) we should remove the other because it's redundant.

Edit: added Darks last two votes which were missed on the last page
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:31:46 pm by Failbird105 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2017, 06:20:50 pm »

It is not redundant because if suddenly a ton of players came to join they would have voted for it, at least potentially.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2017, 06:27:35 pm »

It is not redundant because if suddenly a ton of players came to join they would have voted for it, at least potentially.
it isn't redundant NOW. I'm saying that if we get the Imp-ress OR Imp pit, then the other one will be redundant because they serve a pretty much identical purpose.

It would be like if we designed the shadow forge this turn even though we designed the foundry last era.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2017, 07:17:00 pm »

3: Doo, Det, RAM: Imp Pits
3: Fai, Doo, Dar: Hulk
5: hel, dar, Pir/Kyu, det, Fai: Design: The Imp-ress
3: Pir/Kyu, ros, RAM: Robusarbusto
5: RAM, Doo, Pir/Kyu, Fai, Dar: Volley Formation

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »

Just found an AR that doesn't have Discord. I'm sorry, but I have not seen the inclusion of that not somehow sour my experience to at least some degree. So I will drop out since there is now an AR to cater to my crowd available. Keep up the evil work.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »

Design: The Imp-ress aka, imp pits v2

The Imp-ress is an actual living creature, designed to industrialize the production of our units. It begins life in a larval form, during which it seeks out a supply of nutrients and a good location to nest. Once found, it burrows down into the ground with its food supply and begins a metamorphosis. It grows into an inverted cone shape embedded in the ground. The surface is open, like a pit, and filled with a nutrient broth. The walls of the pit are lined with utero tissue and egg cells. Imps will come to "donate" genetic material, normally accompanied with a portion of food as well, into the pit. New imps are grown en-mass along the walls of the pit until they are mature enough climb out.  Food donated to the pit is usually pulled into a smaller stomach accessed at the bottom of the pit by a tentacle like appendage where it is digested to feed the imp-ress and produce more nutrient broth for the developing imps. It's reproductive capacities are almost always used for the host species. Very rarely, the impress will produce a larvae of it's own species, which is then extracted and cared for by the imps until it can burrow to become it's own pit. A well protected and fed pit can become very large, and produce a frightening number of offspring.

The impress is actualy is own species, exclusively hermaphroditic and self fertilizing. While it's primary purpose at the moment is to produce imps, it could theoretically produce egg cells for any given species once it becomes familiar with the genetic material.

The impress will avoid eating any species it is currently producing, so as to prevent the accidental eating of the offspring before they can remove themselves.
hereafter is fluff:

The Impress is also the basis of Imp society. A new tribe is formed when an enterprising imp gets his hands on a few of the larvae. He and his companions will set off to a new location where they protect and nurture the larvae until they mature into pits of thier own, at which point the successful imps can begin to expand the tribe. This ensures the evolution of the imps towards the most capable among them, as raising larvae on your own requires not just physical capability and success as a hunter, but good planning and awareness as well.

Different tribes were governed differently. Some leaders restricted access to the pits for only the elite few, with visits doled out as a reward for serving the tribe in some way, or earning the favor of the chieftain. While this ensured a high quality of the offspring, it's downside was that the tribe may not be the most attractive to join. Other tribes took a more communal approach, only barring those with glaring mental or physical limitation. While the imps produced tended to be of a lesser quality, outsiders were often eager to join such tribes at the possibility of pit access.

With the advent of foundries, enterprising chieftains have found a more intrinsic value of the pits. At first, they would simply trade direct access to the pits in return for arms and supplies from the foundry imps. Lately though, they have taken to creating unique "tokens" that can be traded for a visit to the pits of their tribe. With the obvious inherent value of the tokens backed up, they are soon traded for many different things such as access to animals that were captured after wandering through the portal, or entry into a particular tribe. In some places, enough tokens can even buy you the service of other imps. It is the perfect currency, backed up by the most valuable and basic need of an organism. Your value to the society is directly proportional to your ability to reproduce. The markets are open in the realm of darkness. In the shadows, capitalism stirs.

re-written to address some of RAM's questions, and play better with recently revealed information from the GM. I.E. - species reproduce on thier own anyways to a small extent.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2017, 09:11:50 pm »

So with Rose dropping out, does that mean we remove their vote from the box?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2017, 09:17:19 pm »

There is some irony to Rose dropping out, mostly that they left the side that was(Compared to light) almost never using the Discord, As for removing his vote, you can leave it or keep it as you want, He was only voting for one thing.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:07 pm »

There is some irony to Rose dropping out, mostly that they left the side that was(Compared to light) almost never using the Discord, As for removing his vote, you can leave it or keep it as you want, He was only voting for one thing.
The irony is also in that said game he jumped to is a day old max and will probably have discord within the week.

as for his vote it feels wrong for me to choose since he's vote is for my hulks only real competition.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2017, 10:42:11 pm »

Actually rose switched his vote to my design. So..
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19