Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 17592 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of darkness
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 02:04:20 am »

Ill change my hero Champion vote to litch if you vote for the unholy set.
I actually really like the vagueness of the horde. I think that we can really twist them into weird and exciting things. But I do rather worry about a frontline champions and also want to break the tie... The big problem with Lich/Unholy is that they are overlapping the intelligent traits. We would want something brutal to hold the front, and we would want it to be cheap for what it is, so I am inclined towards stupid, especially because Lich suppresses stupid.

What this means is, in brief, that I would like to have a plan on what our frontline will be if we choose backline+backline as our starting point.

Code: ( a starting point) [Select]
[b][u]Creation: Beefcake[/u][/b]
[quote]
Imps are small and scrawny, but there is a lot of power there if you look for it. They have claws and horns, these can be enlarged and lengthened. Their muscles may be small, but they are strong, the demonic form seems to be built for unseemly power, and we put that into greatly enlarged forelimbs. The tough hides grow thicker. We reduce the complexity by reducing competence. They no longer have the balance to stay upright, but can still power forward on their massive forelimbs while the hind limbs flail to keep it from dragging, and keep it upright momentarily while it rears up to slash its claws after pounding into the enemy with its elongated forward-pointing horns at the head of an enthusiastic charge and fortified neck and forehead. To ease their creation we sapped away the imp's thought, leaving only a brutal cunning on the nature of piercing flesh and rending limbs, with a dash of climbing and pulling. Then we draw upon their innate fire to focus their burning energies into bursts of intensity. With a slight increase in stature(mostly the product of increased muscle) well offset by its slouched posture, it is hoped that these will be fast, powerful, and cheap.
[/quote]

P.S.
 I am fairly confident that an intelligent soulless would be significantly more expensive. It may even be impossible due to them being, well, soulless. My idea for overcoming that was to combine them with undead to have an undead mind in a soulless body. I fully expect such things to be expensive, but they would be the elites added to the horde to make up for their lack of range and skill. While the horde would make up for everything else by being an unending sea.

Erg... now I am regretting my consideration of unholy. I so want all those soulless concepts I had. Oh well, I wouldn't have gotten them voted for anyway, so no loss...
No, those sound like good concepts for the soulless. Voteworthy indeed. Thank you for the Unholy frontliner idea though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 04:31:29 am »

Well, I am out of time to do anything sensible. If the G.M. wants to move on and there is still a tie, I am willing to swap from hoard to unholy if someone else swaps from archdevil to lich.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 04:51:56 am »

I'll change mine to lich if it breaks the tie.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:38 am »

Be aware that we are waiting for further GM info. Are you sure?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 08:46:10 am »

I'll rephrase my current question to GM:

1. Will the army fail to do what they are told if instructions are too complex for their intelligence?

2. Can intelligence be improved? How difficult is this to do? Compared to enhancing innate strength?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:03:48 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 08:53:07 am »

In light of GM info, I am willing to switch my vote to imps from hoard. The two are similar in combat power, but one is simply shorter (and has a brain). That said, we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket (like going for a magic hero and a magic race) so thus I propose the above trade.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 09:44:45 am »

why not go for the Berzerk Pack and use the Lich
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 09:52:44 am »

Because I think the arch devil is way better than the lich. Of all the hero's, that's the one I want least.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 11:51:49 am »

I was informed that we would not be required to use the Discord.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 11:55:59 am »

You aren't required, its just that its instant and almost always functional while the forum isn't always either.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 11:57:19 am »

Perhaps you can elaborate on what was just said, by Roboson.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 12:02:11 pm »

Quote from: let's always do this in the future
Imps are about as strong as the Unsouled, which are about as strong as your average human, about as smart as a human(which can't be said about the other two options, one  of which hits "Swarm" insect level) and have skin about as tough as leather, they gain disadvantage in the height direction(They are only 2 feet tall) in exchange for their many benefits.

The Lich is a "Master of curses and some minor necromancy" that means he knows multiple debuff spells (exact debuffs will be learned if you take him) and has the ability to produce a few hundred skeletons and other minor undead outside of combat each era.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 12:04:54 pm »

If only there was a way for Darkness to split into two factions...

However once we all have the appropriate information maybe we can make a gameplay oriented decision...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:07:03 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 12:30:35 pm »

Perhaps you can elaborate on what was just said, by Roboson.

To answer this lets start with:
Quote from: let's always do this in the future
Imps are about as strong as the Unsouled, which are about as strong as your average human, about as smart as a human(which can't be said about the other two options, one  of which hits "Swarm" insect level) and have skin about as tough as leather, they gain disadvantage in the height direction(They are only 2 feet tall) in exchange for their many benefits.

The Lich is a "Master of curses and some minor necromancy" that means he knows multiple debuff spells (exact debuffs will be learned if you take him) and has the ability to produce a few hundred skeletons and other minor undead outside of combat each era.

As discussed on discord, the lich is a support hero. it has debuffs for the enemy troops and provides a few extra units to us per round. While these could be nice, they lack a certain offensive ability. He can hinder enemy troops and give us some cannonfodder spookyscaryskellingtons, but wont win fights. Hes an accent piece, a guy which inst great on his own but needs others to shine, a behind the scenes string puller. In other words, he's a support.

We don't need a support right now, we need something that can win fights. The arch demon is a high damaging melee fighter which also buffs our units. Thats something thats always going to be useful and is going to give us an edge over the enemy. The lich is more situational, and doesn't seem to provide enough of one thing to straight up lead to victory (like the archdemon)

Archdemon: Damage, antitank, and buffs our units.
Lich: Provides some spare units, debuffs enemy units.

One makes us strong and is strong. One makes them weak and is weak. We should pick being strong over being weak.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:33:59 pm by Roboson »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 12:32:21 pm »

I would like to note that the three new darkness players have not actually voted yet. I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19