Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: GODS RACE: F.O.P - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 17584 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of darkness
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Unholy- [3] PirateJoe, Doomblade, helmacon
Bezerk- []
Horde- [3] Roseheart, Roboson, RAM

Lich- [3] Doomblade, RAM, Roseheart
Archdevil- [3] PirateJoe, Roboson, helmacon
Horror- []
horde sounds kinda boring tbh
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:25 pm »

Unholy- [3] PirateJoe, Doomblade, helmacon
Bezerk- []
Horde- [4] Roseheart, Roboson, RAM, NRDL

Lich- [3] Doomblade, RAM, Roseheart
Archdevil- [4] PirateJoe, Roboson, helmacon, NRDL
Horror- []
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 10:11:09 pm »

We get magic with the unholy pack though, fire magic to be exact. Archdevil is a kind of massive damage buff that will be able to tear into anything else and cause our own creatures to murderstab much better in a frenzy so I believe that it would be very good in killing anything it needs to early on. Besides, it fits the whole demon thing we might have going. I also should mention it doesn't say Imps are unintelligent like it does with orks or soulless and that because the Imps use magic I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't at the very least average in intellect.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 10:12:49 pm »

I vote Unholy pack with necromancer
Necromancers are cool and will help our forces not get themselves killed by there own stupidity. And unholy gets us fire magic.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 10:15:24 pm »

Unholy- [4] PirateJoe, Doomblade, helmacon, endlessblaze
Bezerk- []
Horde- [4] Roseheart, Roboson, RAM, NRDL

Lich- [4] Doomblade, RAM, Roseheart, endlessblaze
Archdevil- [4] PirateJoe, Roboson, helmacon, NRDL
Horror- []

THE ULTIMATE TIE
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

I would hope that we could get fire magic from the fire plane if we need it, while fire-attributed minions are likely to be very weak in the water plane, potentially self-explosive in the air plane, and somewhat bad at working with others on the material and earth pane due to collateral and insulation reasons respectively. I certainly want an "in" with magic, but I feel that the Lich gives a better starting-point, and plagues and rot ought to fall loosely under the scope of necromancy and curses and can achieve much the same as fire can, while for fire to replicate necromancy and curses it will likely need to create fire creatures and mess with the humours? I guess we could try to get earth magic from the earth plane to try to balance out our imps...

Unholy and Archdevil have a nice theme going, but seem a bit redundant in terms of knowledge, both being demonic, and I don't really see berserk working so well for the small and clever imps. Of course, we can make more suitable demons to work alongside the archdevil, so it isn't that bad.

But still, my biggest concern is that we will get a bad combination. I feel that berserk probably doesn't work so well with things that are already mindless. They will probably become more energetic and stronger, but most of the classical advantages of berserk were associated with ignoring injuries and imminent death, which is already there. And I would love the double-whammy of magic from both lich and unholy, but the imps would gain very little from the leadership. Granted, we can make emotional hordes and stupid demons to go along with our champions. Or probably modify our champions into providing a more magical frienzy that lets them keep fighting for a while after being completely dismembered and decapitated or an intelligence bonus that focuses more on strategy and logistics and less on reminding people that pits with spikes in them are not trampolines.

So... I guess it will work out whatever?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 10:44:41 pm »

The one combination I do not want is Horde/Archdevil. The other three would be fine.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 12:20:01 am »

@RAM or anyone

Ill change my hero Champion vote to litch if you vote for the unholy set.

Imo, the set is a much bigger issue to me, and it would seem like the hero is the bigger issue to you. Maybe we can work something out?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 01:04:28 am »

Don't do it helmacon! We can't start with bad units or heros, its not a good idea to start bad and hope it becomes good later.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 01:09:36 am »

The litch is still a good hero though. I prefer the arch devil, but the set is much more important.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 01:13:11 am »

Not really, the demon is strong and makes our troops stronger. The lich is weak, and makes our units more intelligent. Even if the soulless are dumb, we can fix that in a revision to make them less dumb. And if we do that, then we just wasted our hero slot on a borderline pointless hero instead of a super powerful, heavily armed, badass which makes our other units also badasses. You're not going to get something like that from one revision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 01:16:48 am »

Not really, the demon is strong and makes our troops stronger. The lich is weak, and makes our units more intelligent. Even if the soulless are dumb, we can fix that in a revision to make them less dumb. And if we do that, then we just wasted our hero slot on a borderline pointless hero instead of a super powerful, heavily armed, badass which makes our other units also badasses. You're not going to get something like that from one revision.
I counterpoint that the Lich gives us magical affinity along with effective strategic leadership, possibly enabling battlefield-wide spells from our side. We can design melee demons with a rage aura with magic.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 01:24:50 am »

I don't know how this game is balanced. However I would imagine intelligence is a lot harder to improve then your ability to smack something dead. I stand with Lich, though I strongly considered the alternative for a moment.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 01:28:24 am »

CrazyAbe, can you give us a rough estimate how much natural magic the Imps have?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 01:39:40 am »

Ill change my hero Champion vote to litch if you vote for the unholy set.
I actually really like the vagueness of the horde. I think that we can really twist them into weird and exciting things. But I do rather worry about a frontline champions and also want to break the tie... The big problem with Lich/Unholy is that they are overlapping the intelligent traits. We would want something brutal to hold the front, and we would want it to be cheap for what it is, so I am inclined towards stupid, especially because Lich suppresses stupid.

What this means is, in brief, that I would like to have a plan on what our frontline will be if we choose backline+backline as our starting point.

Code: ( a starting point) [Select]
[b][u]Creation: Beefcake[/u][/b]
[quote]
Imps are small and scrawny, but there is a lot of power there if you look for it. They have claws and horns, these can be enlarged and lengthened. Their muscles may be small, but they are strong, the demonic form seems to be built for unseemly power, and we put that into greatly enlarged forelimbs. The tough hides grow thicker. We reduce the complexity by reducing competence. They no longer have the balance to stay upright, but can still power forward on their massive forelimbs while the hind limbs flail to keep it from dragging, and keep it upright momentarily while it rears up to slash its claws after pounding into the enemy with its elongated forward-pointing horns at the head of an enthusiastic charge and fortified neck and forehead. To ease their creation we sapped away the imp's thought, leaving only a brutal cunning on the nature of piercing flesh and rending limbs, with a dash of climbing and pulling. Then we draw upon their innate fire to focus their burning energies into bursts of intensity. With a slight increase in stature(mostly the product of increased muscle) well offset by its slouched posture, it is hoped that these will be fast, powerful, and cheap.
[/quote]

P.S.
 I am fairly confident that an intelligent soulless would be significantly more expensive. It may even be impossible due to them being, well, soulless. My idea for overcoming that was to combine them with undead to have an undead mind in a soulless body. I fully expect such things to be expensive, but they would be the elites added to the horde to make up for their lack of range and skill. While the horde would make up for everything else by being an unending sea.

Erg... now I am regretting my consideration of unholy. I so want all those soulless concepts I had. Oh well, I wouldn't have gotten them voted for anyway, so no loss...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19