Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: GODS RACE: Calad Aranarth - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 11003 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of light
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »

Redwood Ents. :
Large armored and likened to the ancient giants of the forest, ents come to a bulky 12 feet tall, at the shoulders.
The ents typically have a posture that can be likened to a gorilla, with a large thick back, covered in bark-like armor and two massive arms both of which are large and thick, creating massive clubs that can crush almost any mortal when they clench their fists. These large arms, also help to protect the ents less armored torso which helps keep them flexible.

An ents head has a thick “helmet” of bark, stopping at their brow and they have a long ridge of bark coming up from their collar so that ents can tuck their heads in and protect their vulnerable face.

The bark of an ent possess two layers, the first layer of the ent is extremely hard, and thick. Capable of acting As armor, thick and strong to defend agist any attack from their lessers. The second layer of bark is weaker, but still thick and has a large amount of water in it, helping to protect the important inner organs of an ent.

Angelic War leaders
:
Winged humanoids, descended from the almighty power of the archangel, stand at 8 feet tall with large wings similar to that of the archangel. While they are many times weaker than the archangel, the angel war leaders are still powerful being, with strong physical strength and an acute mind for war. They appear similar to the archangel although distinctly lesser.
The angelic war leaders, lose much of the magic that the Archangel possess, with the exception of the mass heal spell. The war leaders lead from the front of the armies of the light, directing Sgiath elves in the skies and ordering the ground forces from above while at the same time, healing the injured soldiers around them with the holy magic that they possess from their heritage.

So here are two proposals, ents for the tanks. personally, I kinda want to wait for the plane of water now to make tanks because water has scales ans shells and a distinct lack of a fire weakness. but ents, as detailed above, should work well.
Angels war leaders are meant o serve as field leaders, strong combatants and capable of using the MAssheal spell which is awesome.

over in the discord here's what the GM said about it
"It depends on how many are injured in the area of effect, and how injured they are.
it can heal a million paper cuts, ten thousand minor cuts, one thousand deep(but otherwise unlikely to kill) cuts, five hundred lost limbs can have the bleeding stopped, or 100 people can be saved from likely death."

It's really really good. and something of a trump card over darkness because healing is something that we can be really good at with the archangel.

Quote from: Votebox!
Prototype Sylvari Bows: (1) Madman
Angelic war Leaders: (1) Frostgiant
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:01:42 pm by frostgiant »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2017, 10:40:50 pm »

Probably best to invest a design now in Ents.

Apparently we're going to have to invest 1% of our budget per Elf we want to arm, unless the GM actually did just misinterpret the intent of the design and it's going to perpetually provide weapons...somehow.

Anyways, probably worthwhile for the first turn or so, since we'll be taking the nearby planes at first.

For now, Ents! Or something else. I'll suggest something not-wooden later.

Taurgorn
Great giants of the forest, standing as tall as the trees they come from, the Ents are armored with incredibly, magically dense bark that will not catch fire easily, nor can it be cut through save by the strongest of warriors, and with good axes besides. The Ents themselves aren't bothered by blunt force or stabbing, as they are similar to trees, with vital functions distributed throughout individual cells. The only concentrated part of an Ent is its brain, and each Ent keeps it in a different location (Well, it grows in a different location in each Ent, anyway). They are five meters tall and monstrously strong, capable of crushing even an armored warrior into paste and metal scrap, and are capable of covering great distance at speed, for they do not tire and have long, swift strides. They will grow on their own as a population, slowly, but steadily, like the trees they come from, or they can be converted through magic from existing trees, even trees that have been bonded to an Elf.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:09:23 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 10:47:03 pm »

I personally approve of Ents.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2017, 12:24:14 pm »

Could we get an explanation about the Sylvari bow? We don’t know anything about the project and why it is too expensive to prototype. Really just the gms take on it would be nice as well.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2017, 05:12:48 pm »

Could we get an explanation about the Sylvari bow? We don’t know anything about the project and why it is too expensive to prototype. Really just the gms take on it would be nice as well.
What I got was that you were producing a design for a tree related to elves that produces better bows then normal, I am not willing to say what the actual roll was, but in the hopes of getting you voting today I will say that it was very good.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2017, 05:55:46 pm »

Prototype Sylvari Bows: (1) Madman
Angelic war Leaders: (2) Frostgiant, Chubby2man
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2017, 06:10:01 pm »

Taurgorn: (1) Madman

Prototyping them is invalid (Because yes) so you could've just deleted my vote to avoid confusion.

Doesn't matter, though.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 11:54:56 pm »

You guys should really start filling in all available options. not just the ones you are voting for.
Redwood Ents: (1) Zomara
Taurgorn: (0)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2017, 08:34:22 am »

That just adds to clutter---if you're not willing to know what it is, you shouldn't be voting for it.

Also, the only option YOU added is already at the top of the votebox.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2017, 09:21:47 am »

My apologies. I don't realize that you would erase an option , and that I am voting for something that doesn't exist.
Prototype Sylvari Bows: (0)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:18 pm »

...eehhhhhh.

I'll go with the angels for now, but ents, of some variety, are still a priority, people.

Angelic war Leaders: (3) Frostgiant, Chubby2man, Glass
Prototype Sylvari Bows: (0)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2017, 05:54:38 pm »

Light gathers, and enlightens, glowing brighter before Dispersing...
Spoiler: Untested (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enchantments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

The Phase of production has now came, thou hast 10000 UWP to distribute.
Central thread
Discord
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2017, 06:14:19 pm »

So for the production phase I think we should make

Plan: basic population and prototyping
2950 Sgiath taking up 5900 UWP
100 Full cost angels. 4000 UWP
1 Sylvari bow  100 UWP

10,000 uwp total.

Thsi plan lets us, prototype the Sylvari, Gives us a breeding pop of elves and angels as we arn't able to attack anywhere yet (so we don't need weapons) The GM said that for every 10 living member of a race, 3 would be born over turn.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:17:47 pm by frostgiant »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2017, 06:15:24 pm »

Quote from: Quotebox
Frostgiant's plan: (1) Johiah
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:58 pm »

Quote from: Quotebox
Frostgiant's plan: (2) Johiah, Glass
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12