Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: GODS RACE: Calad Aranarth - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 10987 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of light
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2017, 08:47:43 pm »

Huh. Abe didn't put it in the central thread.

So, we get 3 designs this turn, there's no fighting at the end, and then we get another three designs next turn. Well, designs, prototypings, and revisions. The flying elves would be the first design, ergo, we've got 5 more.

EDIT: 5 more before the first fighting. I should have clarified that. Every turn after this first one, the end of turn has the battle phase.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:56:31 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 01:54:04 pm »

Sgiath Elves: Elves are creatures of Water. Yet their connection is not a strong one; they are hardly elementals. It should, therefore, not be impossible to imbue them with Air aspects. By changing their woody composition to a lighter variation, and adding some (simple) wings (which resemble large, translucent leaves), we allow our agile archers to become flying firepower. 
with a crash, light comes together to change what has been already made... (4+1=5) the results are sub par, but they are a good start towards what is desired...
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enchantments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Central thread
Discord
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:22 pm »

Oh, cool. Since these guys are just mods of the basic, we get to know their roll right away.

I mean, it wasn't ideal, but it certainly works.

EDIT: So, we modify the Sgiath again? I'm thinking we that rather than wings made from just leaves, they've got a more robust wooden core to the things, covered with feather-like leaves. Should probably be stronger, as well as less prone to not working.
Maybe they should be a bit smaller than the average elf, as well. Smaller target, less strain on the wings, and it's not like they're ever meant to be in a situation where their size matters, regardless.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:13:58 pm by Glass »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2017, 02:11:45 pm »

Champion cost 30% of the maximum UWP, so we have... 10,000 UWp total right now.
So we could field... 5000 UWP worth of elves with light bows or 2500 fliers with light bows and 2500 left over (so about 1250 more fliers) 3750 fliers with light bows. no champion or rods of growth.

I think that I want to use our revision this turn to make Longbows. better range, and attack power. Better do it now while we have free time and extra actions.

Edit:
Improved Sgiath Wings: To increase the strength of leaflike wings and put less strain on the muscles of the Sgiath, branches of woodlike bone are added to the leaves, providing more structure to the thin Wings. This branch-like structures in the wings ensure that the wings are stronger, reducing the amount of tearing that an injury can cause. These hard structures in the wing also ensure that the elves will need to put less effort into catching the wind, increasing the amount of time they can fly before they become tired.

LongBows
: A larger version of the Light bow, with a larger draw weight the longbow is meant to ensure that the elves can engage the enemy from a much longer distance, both from the air and the ground. With a larger draw weight, the longbow can fire an arrow far farther and with greater force than the light bow. 

personally, I would want to go longbow
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:43:57 pm by frostgiant »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 02:55:39 pm »

Not just improved wings, improved Sgiath. Their bodies will be smaller as well, making them lighter and thus easier on their wings. And it's not woodlike bone; it would just be wood. The elves are already plants.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2017, 03:00:03 pm »

I don't think making them smaller would be a good idea, their wings would still make them large target, and a smaller frame means that their weaker overall, impacting there ability to use a weapon and there small size mean that there is less muscle strengh in the first place, Instead we can use magic air.enchantments

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:38 pm »

I'm on board for improved wings. I'm not on board with making the Sgiath smaller; as Frostgiant says, smaller frame=less draw weight on their bows. We already made them lighter.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2017, 03:49:03 pm »

The biggest thing is going to be the capability to actually kill things. After that, it's survivability. We lose if they don't die, we only PROBABLY lose if they can reliably kill us.

Another revision to fix the Elves, followed by a revision to improve the bows to a much more powerful standard.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2017, 04:45:37 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Sgiath Elves: (6) Madman, Glass, Frostgiant, Athra , Chubby2man, Nirur, Samspeeds
Berikke Elves: (0)

edit: LOL
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:08:19 pm by SamSpeeds »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »

Um, SamSpeeds?

That vote is over.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2017, 05:06:06 pm »

Okay, so here's what I think the vote is now:

Quote from: vote
Better Sgiath: ()
Better bows: ()

Unless anyone else has something to add?

Anyway,
Quote from: vote
Better Sgiath: (1) Glass,
Better bows: (0)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:53 pm »

Bows are awkward to use while flying. Crossbows can fix this, allowing our elves to fire while diving at a target, or otherwise freely aim.

Aerian Crossbows: Infantry crossbows, with a minor stability enchantment to allow an elf to hold steady aim while flying, and an enchanted reloading mechanism to allow a Sgiath Elf to reload while flying without tiring themselves.

Aerian Crossbows: (1) Nirur

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2017, 05:32:55 pm »

A crossbow powerful enough to harm a tough creature or punch through (light) armor, you have to be able to set it on the ground.

Bows are MUCH easier to use in the air than useful crossbows.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2017, 05:35:37 pm »

A crossbow with two brand new enchantments seems a might be complicated for a revision action when we're only working with bows right now. especially when the only bow we have is a light basic one, not even compound.

LongBows: (1) Frostgiant,

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »

Oh, sorry, must have been my internet or I just missed that we had an entire page of replies after what I was reading. lol

LongBows: (2) Frostgiant, SamSpeeds
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12