Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles  (Read 8354 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2017, 07:58:17 pm »

Meanwhile, at Castle Stypani

Scout (15)
Crabman (45)
3 flodren (30)
2 Meat cords (8 )

($98)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:01:41 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2017, 08:05:37 pm »

Castle Stypani as well
Meat Harvester (80) with tentacles (10)
 tentacle attachment for the crabman (10)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2017, 08:43:35 pm »

The third of the Stypanians:

2 Fumans($60)
4 Tentacle Spears($40)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »

I recommend attaching that last spear to the scout. Might save us. . . Maybe. Or weaken the enemy before it gets to us.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2017, 10:00:21 pm »

End of Preparation Phase of Night 2
Aort
Spoiler: Defenses (click to show/hide)

Hallucis

Magula

Rynar

Stypani

A new monster can be seen in the distance. Gods only know what horrifying thing comes for you next! The Mistclops has a single large eye where its neck and head would be if it was a human. Beneath that it has a muscular body and legs with far too many joints ending in large hooves. It is quite strong and fast, much more so than the teethlings. Luckily only two are spotted during this dreadful night.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:24:01 pm by Roboson »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2017, 10:01:58 pm »

OH GODS WE'RE FIGHTING JOJO CHARACTERS
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2017, 11:01:30 pm »

OH GODS WE'RE FIGHTING JOJO CHARACTERS

...and we don't have even a single stand, let alone a battleship wielded by an orangutan, which would come in handy right now.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2017, 11:04:00 pm »

Assault Phase of Night 2

Once again Aort is unattacked. The people of the kingdom sigh a breath of relief.

Aort

Hallicus is assaulted by 6 toothlings and a Mistclops. The fighting is intense. The mistclops charges forward, and attacks the harvester head on! The fight is very one sided, as the slower units are unable to keep up with the fighting, reaching the combat after the lone meat harvester does. By the time they get there, it has been swarmed by the enemy forces, and while it killed a toothling, the full force of the enemy was too much for it and it was slain! The wall waker and blood hounds are a different story. Their armor gives them good protection against the biting attacks of the tootlings, though the mistclops is a clear danger. The acidic attacks of the bloodhunters and the crushing blows of the wall walker take care of the toothlings, though the mistclops does kill one of the bloodhounds near the end of the battle. It seems faster units arrive to combat a full combat phase before slow units.

Hallucis

Magula is attacked by 12 toothlings! The belchalos manage to take out two with direct hits even before the fighting begins. Fumans with tentacle spears skewer teethlings. Two are distracted by the flying scout with a tasty cord, and are attacked by the Flodren, which gets their attention quick. The fighting is incredibly intense, as your units are incredibly outnumbered. The Visceral Surgeon does its best to patch up your units, but it gets harder and harder as the fighting continues. It ends up having to fight and actually kills a toothling. The belchalows are very useful here, helping to prevent any one unit from being swarmed by the horde. By the end of the fighting the two flodren are dead, though thanks to the work of the surgeon, both fuman narrowly survive.

Magula

Disaster strikes Rynar. 13 toothlings attack the fortress! They are met with a stiff resistance of Fumen and a wall walker. However, their numbers were just too great and they wittled down the wallwalker as your units desperately tried to stab and shoot as many as they could. The wallwalker dies as the collective attacks of the whole swarm is simply too much for it. During this, the belchalos and fuman thin the enemies numbers and finish them off a bit after the wallwalker dies.

Rynar

Stypani is assulted by a mistclops and 9 toothlings. Luckily for them, Stypani was well defended this night! Having nearly as many units as the enemy certainly helped to prevent their use of swarming tactics. This significantly lowers losses, only losing a single flodren. The fighting is quick, intense, and bloody. Over much faster than the other fortresses fights. A meat harvester scoops up that dead flodren and grows slightly in size. The mistclops was the greatest danger, kicking that one flodren so hard it was killed instantly and its body flew across the battlefield.

Stypani

A Great Evil Appears

The unique monster Mulbarathrum appears near Aort and begins gathering power to assault your lands! The darkness over the area intensifies greatly and what little gloom there was fades into profound dimness. The people of Aort are in a panic! Death has come for them and they fear for their lives! Surely they will be devoured by this monster! Mulbarathrum will attack during the next assault phase. The Aortians frantically research and prepare, for the beast grows stronger each and every moment.

Start of Research Phase of Night 3

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2017, 11:06:35 pm »

Research Meat Garden

Using the foundations of the Meat Harvester and Tasty Flesh Cords, The Meat Garden is an immobile thing, which waves delicious smelling cables of meat over it's flat body, where monsters will climb atop it to taste of the meat and be devoured in turn, making the garden larger.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2017, 11:10:09 pm »

I Frantically design A Bulldozer, a large cow like being with a shovel like scoop attached to the front, it is designed for the moving of large amounts of earth.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:52:10 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2017, 11:12:37 pm »

Hallucis: Haste Tanglers

Building on the tactics displayed by Magula last night, Haste Tanglers are essentially a simplified, hardened, and mentally united pair of scouts joined by a flesh cord. Most effective in swarms, they taunt and distract monsters from height, while taking opportunities to tangle and trip them up whenever available. They are intended to be capable of holding the line while slower ground units move in.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:08:08 am by Maximum Spin »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2017, 11:21:50 pm »

Sentient Spear Tacticians:
You think I was going to be done with my sentient spears? You don't understand my enthusiasm for these beings, you severely underestimated just the raw passion I have for these things. These sentient spears are UPRIGHT beings that can actually walk!, that need no wielders and have very large brains, these brains are not destined for cowardliness, no it's for making quick tactical decisions on the battlefield. These spears-tacticians have the ability to make auditory waves through an advanced flesh communication system, or what normal mortals call a mouth and vocal cords. That with some utilization of basic arcane magic allow the spear-tacticians to communicate and direct instructions to flesh-units on the battlefield (some form of arcane language translation ability, something like that stated from the intern). The intern says something about it making the units more effective in the battlefield when it's in the tacticians leadership aura, but I don't get paid enough to explain this in harsh detail. There are also fears that giving the spears the ability to have sapience and lead our units could lead to a spear-revolt against the flesh-mancers, but that is of course just ridiculous excuses from the interns.

In Castle Magula
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:23:57 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2017, 11:43:22 pm »

Fyorkie 0.2A take 2 Or 2Fyorkie for short:
Looking at the horror I had brought into the world filled me with much sorrow. So I will capitalize on my newfound depression.
I will increase its size by double, but half it's width, so it looks rather emancipated. It will have rows upon rows of highly sharpened teeth sitting in a mouth that forever looks like it should be frowning, set bellow a long about, designed to smell out those shadow creatures, and attached to a brain that forces them to become drastically ravenous when they do detect them. They will be built more for speed than for strength, but, will crave to be lead by a bloodhunter, acting as their advanced troops, and sensors, and communicating with it through pained quips. They also should have acidic Silvia, like their brotheren, and tend to draw their pray in to their leaders so that the leader can make the final blow.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:21:55 pm by zomara0292 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2017, 11:58:06 pm »

Research begins on "Skyhunters" at Castle Magula
The other Fleshmancer at Castle Magula is worried about the fate of Aort, but is first and foremost concerned with the security of castle Magula, and decides on a compromise. The Skyhunter is a medium sized flying creature taking inspiration from the scout. The Skyhunter has especially powerful wings and is built for speed primarily and is able to fly very fast and very high. The Skyhunter also has talons able to pick up moderately large objects from the ground, and hurl them at enemies by flying above them, or make melee attacks if needed. The Skyhunter doesn't have any arms suited for wielding conventional weapons. Instead, its design contains a "socket" where a weapon can be connected to it, and within that socket is a weak tentacle that can be used to trigger the weapon as needed.

The intention of the Skyhunter is to help protect the castle that they are stationed at, and if the fighting ends early enough, the Skyhunter would be fast enough to join the battle at another castle on the same night.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:38:12 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2017, 12:16:35 am »

Replace Research Action and give a positive modifier (Or Does it roll the die at advantage?) by helping the Skyhunter Research in Magula
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8