Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles  (Read 8353 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »

Unless Fallacy of Urist changes their post or posts a real plan. I'm just going to assume that they want to double the post they quoted.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:06 pm »

PTW

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 11:33:00 pm »

Castle Rynar

(Fuman + Tentacle Spear + Tentacle Spear) x2; $50 x2

Total Cost: $100
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 12:55:02 am »

Start of Assault Phase of Night 1

In the distance, far off and away in the depths of the horrid fog, shapes stir and slither. From the almost imperceptible shadows of the depths of the mist, a small army of creatures marches forth. They march, for your meatcastles! Three collections of monsters appear and assault Stypani, Rynar, and Hallicus!

Stypani is assaulted by 7 of the teethlings. It is defended by four fumans, each with a tentacle spear and a tasty chord. The teethlings immediately rush the defenders, being drawn in by the yummy chords. The fighting is intense as the fuman defenders fight tooth, nail, and tentacle against the toothy biting attackers. One Fuman is killed by the attackers rather quickly as several gang up on it, but the other three fight off the attackers, making quick work of the rather fragile monstrosities. The tentacle barbs are especially helpful at keeping the enemy  arms length after impaling it. Furthermore the entangling effects of the sticky flesh cords are also quite useful in getting in a free attack or two as the enemy try to chow down on the sticky chords.

Rynar is assaulted by a lone lowly toothling. It manages to get off a few quick attacks, before it is killed. It is a rather pathetic fight, and the assault is defeated with ease.

Hallicus is assaulted by 4 teethlings. It is defended by a lone tentacled flesh wall. The fighting is rather one sided. The wallbeast's heavy armor greatly reduces the cutting damage of the toothlings, while its mighty blows tend to kill them in one or two hits. The tentacles are mainly used to keep the toothlings from flanking the wallwalker, and this works fairly well. Only one toothling manages to get behind the wall walker, and it's attacks account for most of the damage to the lone defender, biting into its unarmored rear end. Eventually the spikewall emerges victorious.

Aort
Spoiler: Defenses (click to show/hide)

Hallucis

Magula

Rynar

Stypani

Start of Research Phase of Night 2

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

With the first wave of enemies repelled, you see now the potential dangers which await you out in that dark eerie mist. Your wounded spend this time recovering their strength, and you turn to researching new ways to defend against this strange and mysterious enemy.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 01:23:43 am »

Sentient Bone Spears: With my understanding of creating sentient flesh humanoids and the usage of tentacle spears, it's time for a much more passionate design to take place. These Spears look like the normal weapon you would give to an infantry unit just made out of bone, but this thing is much more special as it has weird bone-flesh legs that lets it move when it's user dies and organs and biological systems that allow to function, even a brain to allow it to have sentience. These sharp bones spears with barbed skin around it would serve as a powerful sentient tool for a grasping creature, and when that grasping creatures dies than this spear-creature would have the same function to defend the castle.

In Maguna.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:01:13 am by Shadowclaw777 »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 02:36:06 am »

((I don’t suppose your takeing more entries?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 02:46:01 am »

can I sign up for Reynar castle?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 03:19:35 am »

I'll join Castle Aort for now.

Research the ability of large brains/consciousnesses to influence the world around them and/or other consciousnesses. In other words, research the psionic potentials(s) of brains.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 08:49:26 am »

Hallucis researches Meat Harvesters: wide-mawed balls of flesh that eat corpses (and living monsters when they get the chance), growing in size as they do so. Meat Harvesters can be broken down into their component parts to gain resources from the consumed corpses, or simply split into two equal Meat Harvesters when large enough. Though they have sight, they are probably driven primarily by smell, and have the ability to taste what they're eating, just because that's funnier.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 08:58:34 am »

I Research immobile acid spitting cannon creatures.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 09:17:26 am »

Aort

I will research a variant of the Fuman. The goal is for them to hold their ground while a large enemy pulls on a tentacle spear. They should also be able to move about as fast as a normal Fuman (if not faster) without sacrificing mobility when just walking around. The goal is to add either bone spikes to their current legs or extra legs to our current creature's lower bodies to form an arachnid/crab type layout with four legs. Also test out a quadriped with bone spikes version.

The end goal is to create a harpoon team that can lock down enemies.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 09:48:36 am »

Castle Rynar

Begin development on an upgraded Wall Walker - the torso would be detached from the lower body, able to revolve around on a rotating cylindrical spine. Additionally, some of the armor on its front would be moved to the back. This should allow it to more easily deal with attacks from all sides.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 04:43:50 pm »

If I can, I would like to sign up for Sypani duty, and also research and design small, cheap, dog like creatures, fyorkie, to be made in mass, with bone legs to dig into and grip there targets as they tear at them with teeth.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 05:32:26 pm »

If I can, I would like to sign up for Sypani duty, and also research and design small, cheap, dog like creatures, fyorkie, to be made in mass, with bone legs to dig into and grip there targets as they tear at them with teeth.

+1 with the minor modification of using sticky cords on the legs in order to have a stronger grip.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 05:48:27 pm »

For Castle RYNAR

If so I wish to research and design making a hoard of  small, say chuihuawa sized humanoids with very sharp teeth, eyes and toes are optional noses and the ability to sent targets as well as fingers for manipulation we not, ideally we should work on making a massive batch of these, life expectancy of longer than a year is VERY optionall. Esentially I want a horde of land pihranas as this seems like a decent defense. 

BTW am I in the game because I cannot tell? I would preferably call these flodren or Floder(flooding children, Flooding foder) as they are essentially meant to slow does larger threats by being both an extremely annoying distraction and by gnawing through their legs If they have any. The likely will be more vulnerable to threats around their own size
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:00:26 pm by Paxiecrunchle »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8