Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 286123 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2023, 02:32:37 am »

I'm currently working on Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater), it mentions videos in the title and I have the ability to save from videos a few different sits do you guys think I should save them as well?

After I finish it I'll work in Thob Goes to the surface.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2023, 04:50:26 am »

I put Nist Akath on the depot here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16586

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2023, 05:28:51 am »

Drunken fortress - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AlJNfho-wtOaDW5jLGal1r2xxNw8hnQa/view?usp=sharing
All 340 pages, took a while to list all the instances of missing photos. Note inside that documents that as its far too numerous for a post

Managed to restore a few missing ones.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2023, 10:38:28 am »

Thank you everyone!  Please let me know if any story has missing media and I will restore it.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2023, 04:40:28 pm »

I made a code skeleton for generating HTML pages from Imgur albums, some while back. 90% sure it won't be useful in the least because there should be better tools out there (and it doesn't download the images, only the album info/descriptions), but here it is none the less for those remaining 10%.

This tool may just save my butt for Tuftedstockades (not part of the hall, but I wanna keep it alive), I can get the images easily from my albums, but the text was a problem for me.

I'd gladly take a rec on a better tool but I'm very happy to have this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2023, 03:28:00 am »

I just finished Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater) and the youtube channel that's part of it, most videos on it lack links on the thread though but the ones that do have links on the tread have been noted, and sadly I can't save the captions on the videos so they're in Russian.

Also there's an update at Reply #785 that's on page 53 of Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater) that has no images but when I saved the page the images were in the stuff but still missing when I looked at the page, not sure what I can do about that.

Now I've moved onto Thob goes to the surface and I'll figure out uploading this stuff in a bit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2023, 06:37:26 am »

Christ, either there's an issue with my internet or the VPN, because for the last two nights, it's gotten hung up on /something/ on about half the pages and never downloads the HTML. I was only able to back up Chasing the Elusive Mermaid, which is all text anyway.

I'll keep trying and let you know if I make an progress.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2023, 10:04:57 am »

A Dwarf has created a tool that should (haven't tested myself yet) capture an entire thread in one go.

You take file called url_list.txt

You put each thread you want to download in the file and save it then run the script. It will backup everything there. URL conversions is a list to convert the web urls to local file locations (I didn't implement changing them on the fly, we can do that after everything is backed up)

If anyone wants to give this a try on the larger threads, let us know; https://www.dropbox.com/s/belwmr34crezlru/topic.zip?dl=0

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2023, 01:26:02 am »

I uploaded Skyscrapes:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16598
Severedcoils:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16599
I was going to do Rockfall next but noticed that all the image links were broken. Ardentdikes has broken image links as well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 02:04:02 am by insectcalm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2023, 02:19:03 am »

I've yet to upload things yet but I've finished Thob goes to the surface.

I'm gonna go after:
 Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) (Same thing with this one)
 Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
 Dragon Realm Chronicles (Not in the hall but has the potential)

Things I've finished: (I've yet to upload any of this.)
 Adventures of Likot Ubendeb (SoapEater)
 Thob Goes to the Surface
 Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ ; Tales of Kudarkalur (Isn't in the hall)
 Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- ; Tales of the Deer Wizard (Isn't in the hall)
 Eat your Mushrooms (Not in the hall but it has pictures in it)
 Cog the blind Drunk
 the peasant dwarf (I know this isn't in the hall but it's from 2012 and I'm surprised it still has pictures)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 02:12:10 am by King Zultan »

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 26, 2023, 08:03:40 pm »

A Dwarf has created a tool that should (haven't tested myself yet) capture an entire thread in one go.

You take file called url_list.txt

You put each thread you want to download in the file and save it then run the script. It will backup everything there. URL conversions is a list to convert the web urls to local file locations (I didn't implement changing them on the fly, we can do that after everything is backed up)

If anyone wants to give this a try on the larger threads, let us know; https://www.dropbox.com/s/belwmr34crezlru/topic.zip?dl=0

Hey everyone, I'm the guy that programmed this. It looks like his dropbox didn't include the actual script so here is the link to the github repository

https://github.com/Celebrinborn/Bay12_Imgur_Archive

If you run into any bugs please let me know. I haven't gotten the dockerfile working yet (so no container swarms sadly) but the code itself works just fine.

It only works on bay12forums itself, its custom made for the forum so it can't scrap other websites. It takes a thread, copies every post, then copies every image on the page, then moves to the next page in the thread until its done.

Each image is stored in the data folder under data/topic/topicid/post#

a dump of the text is stored at data/topic/topicid/thread.html

The URL's in the url_list.txt MUST be bay12forums pages that look like http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168375

If its a different URL it won't work. I also haven't tested running it on applications that have parameters other then topic (I haven't been on this forum sense 2012ish and the guy on Reddit who asked for this didn't give me any example links that included other parameters so I didn't plan for it)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 08:05:44 pm by celebrinborn »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2023, 02:50:52 am »

Hey guys you might want to check anything that has images from Photobucket because I can't download or manually save them for some reason so you guys might want to double check your stuff.

I'm gonna go after:
 Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) (Has pictures on photobucket and I can't get them for some reason)
 Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
 Dragon Realm Chronicles (Not in the hall but has the potential)
 Severedcoils (Not in the hall)
 Severedcoils II (Not in the hall)

Things I've finished: (I've yet to upload any of this.)
 Adventures of Likot Ubendeb (SoapEater)
 Thob Goes to the Surface
 Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ ; Tales of Kudarkalur (Isn't in the hall)
 Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- ; Tales of the Deer Wizard (Isn't in the hall)
 Eat your Mushrooms (Isn't in the hall)
 Cog the blind Drunk
 the peasant dwarf (Isn't in the hall)

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2023, 04:00:03 am »

I uploaded The Eternal Halls at https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16619
However, there were missing image links. The story seemed really text heavy but on page 34 and I think 85 the images were missing.

Epic adventure at the dawn of time: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16620
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:41:54 pm by insectcalm »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2023, 04:05:02 pm »

Thank you all for your hard work preserving the history of this community.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2023, 12:15:02 am »

Is anyone on Roomcarnage? I may not be able to, but I thought I'd check
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29