Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 49172 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2018, 07:45:54 pm »

Ah, gotcha.

It is consistent, though. HP bonuses that are additive have always gotten done before the multiplicative ones, which is why fat/tough HoF makes for such ugly GoH'd people. It also means +HP blessings are attractive under GoH rather than petty afterthoughts.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:48:41 pm by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2018, 09:19:30 am »

From testing I found that super regeneration hydra (all the undying, all the blood hp, all the nature regeneration buffs) quickly becomes "super cripple hydra", but it is fun.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2018, 09:02:10 pm »

I guess its time for some !FUN! but it may be too late for that.

I declare war against atlantis.

Now, as to why I'm actually announcing it instead of simply attacking like I did with ulm? Because I feel like its appropriate to do so when ending a treaty.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2018, 05:40:13 am »

Now I have to slightly adjust my turn.

Its actually a single turn to late, but I might throw away a secure victory for a fun fight anyways.

Every turn has started with "Soooo white flag attacking blue yet?" and i fully understand why you do it now.

Just so you don't feel bad, I did send Ulm my leftover cash every other turn, so there is your cause for war if you'd like.
________

Overall this was one of the "best deals of all time", work well done. Had some close calls, especially when i was getting 3x teamed, but paying one invader off really worked out well in the long term
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:59:19 am by ThtblovesDF »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2018, 09:49:47 pm »

I guess its time for some !FUN! but it may be too late for that.

I declare war against atlantis.

Now, as to why I'm actually announcing it instead of simply attacking like I did with ulm? Because I feel like its appropriate to do so when ending a treaty.

A good thought, but definitely too late. Atlantis could win in as little as two turns as far as I can tell.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 02, 2018, 01:39:04 am »

No, atlantis can win this turn, they have a basalt queen on (169) and (103). I should have been patient regarding using cloud trapeze with the telkhine, if I had done that this turn, I could have stopped (103).

For some reason this game, my nature mages absolutely refused to cast mass protection, regardless if they had a temp or normal nature gems. I wonder if its actually a problem with the server itself because posting in the steam bug thread ended up being ignored. Although I cant think of any battle where it would have made a difference, I ended up just not bothering to field the nature mages because the spell wasn't working. It was kind of my only chance of my armies being able to stand up to acid storm.

Edit, I will have to take that back, I could have reached level 9 alteration and used a telkhine to cast army of gold.

Regardless, I learned quite a bit, so I had fun.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:01:34 am by etgfrog »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 02, 2018, 04:47:36 am »

Yomi will certainly take that one throne from me, so I'll put it up for a vote between the 4 players remaining (a magic arrow could still kill the queen before she claims, but it is super unlikly) -

Continue or cap to end it? I will not cap the last throne for now.

I think I can take theo, especially after acid storm works decently on land, but with yomi helping it will be a bit harder and if any other nation activly joins them you got a fair chance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I could claim 3 thrones this turn, 1 lvl 1 throne and two lvl 3 thrones, which easily puts me over 16.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:18:00 am by ThtblovesDF »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2018, 08:23:40 am »

Yomi will certainly take that one throne from me, so I'll put it up for a vote between the 4 players remaining (a magic arrow could still kill the queen before she claims, but it is super unlikly) -
I could claim 3 thrones this turn, 1 lvl 1 throne and two lvl 3 thrones, which easily puts me over 16.

Actually, the magic phase happens after throne claiming in turn resolution, so even if you kill the claimant with a ritual spell, it's already too late.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2018, 09:43:46 am »

If you can win then claim your prize, you earned it.

Once you do, I'll post more of my "conclusion" on yomi.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2018, 10:13:14 am »

That fight was me throwing all my spectral archers that I had in my capital, because they didn't do anything to help the 3 spectral philosophers who got nommed by horrors.
Spoiler: Army Graph (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle list (click to show/hide)
Atlantis showed 2 of the 3.5 battles that I lost this turn. The cloud trapeze telkhine isn't included with that.
Spoiler: The half lost battle (click to show/hide)
The last battle was a group of ulm attacking from stealth.
I'm sure next turn will have plenty of other losses, maybe some wins. Even if you do claim the thrones and win, the turn will still resolve because the victory condition check is at the end of turn. If you do decide to continue, I would be fine with saying you won.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:20:18 am by etgfrog »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 02, 2018, 10:53:19 am »

Not claiming them all this turn, thanks though.

We'll see, most of my troops are still in the old Tie'n Chi area. I also have a squad of 7 Troll Mages that I want to spam earthquakes with.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2018, 11:29:40 am »

If you can win, do it. Don't make us continue to play when we've already lost.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2018, 12:56:53 pm »

Next turn, no worries.

Capping 4 points worth of throne this turn.

Theo successfully intercepted a dude with 17 gems - Purgatory seems to be useful, at least 415 seems big, since there is no trash in that number.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:15:48 pm by ThtblovesDF »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 03, 2018, 09:01:21 pm »

You knocked off well of misery, so I guess you consider that a double win. I'm now down to 15 death gems per turn.
You also killed off a bunch of yomi's undead.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 03, 2018, 11:23:47 pm »

So um, since I took a Throne this turn, I guess the game is still on? I guess victory resolves at the end of the turn or something ( though someone may want to confirm.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35