Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 49242 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2018, 07:45:07 am »

Currently trying to catch that damned Hinnom army.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:47:17 am by MCreeper »

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2018, 10:24:25 am »

Any pity you have for the giant's first target is placed in the correct location for all the wrong reasons.

As far as wars go, my scouts have made me aware of 6 different instances of hostility. Or rather my scouts made me aware of 3, the other 3 didn't really need scouting for me.

Nothing you aquatic types are doing exists as part of that count, by the way. Seems I'm on the far side from where all of the really early fun was. 
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2018, 12:11:14 pm »

Currently trying to catch that damned Hinnom army.
Pretty gutsy going for a throne province with giants running around the north of your country.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2018, 12:21:33 pm »

So who is next to the giants? I pity thee, especially early game.

Any wars going on besides the water nations?

What nation, besides your own would you like to see succed? For me its Ur, they've never seen much love or success in any MP games till now.
Any pity you have for the giant's first target is placed in the correct location for all the wrong reasons. 

Yeah, funny story there. The good news on my end is that my capital is my own again and 15 mammoths died in the past two turns, along with several dozen bird people. So far I think the biggest killer of my troops is an Inkpot End that my army was near for one turn. I quite like my blessing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:26:29 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2018, 12:26:57 pm »

So i captured it or i didn't?  ::)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2018, 12:28:34 pm »

Oh, did I have an accidental ally then? Maybe more mammoths and birdpeople died than I was aware. (I'm Ur, btw, Gigalith is Caelum)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2018, 01:37:45 pm »

Nope, just the amount you saw. Congratulations on staying in the game and turning the tide... for now. ;D

Also, I have to say that that was an epic battle between T'ien Chi and Cullen the Independent Wannabe God. The most epic battle I've seen so far in Dominions 5, actually, and it looked far cooler with simultaneous movement. I'd offer congratulations, but... it wasn't technically a victory. :(
Check out my books at O and H Books

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2018, 01:47:04 pm »

Damn it, i can't wait for tommorow when i will get to my computer and will see it myself. I didn't suicided my pretender, did i?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:52:52 pm by MCreeper »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2018, 04:49:48 pm »

She was one of the survivors, luckily for you.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2018, 04:16:05 am »

Well, it seems i a bit underestimated watchers.

Epicness goes from my W3 prophet accidentally set far in front of rest of the army casting mist (nevermind, it was my pretender) with epic ecspression on his face, then my army pushing forward while slingers throwed stones at them and each damn watcher shooted 22 damage projectile thunderstrike each damn turn and my mages throwing their spells in all that(they have no 100% useful spells except thunderstrike, which only few can cast, and three kinds of poisonous mist that is useful only in defence), all at night.
   All non-statues was easily killed, then what left of  my army decided to ignore watchers, get stuck in monolith's astral shield and killed by blade winds and gifts from heaven. Only damage dealt to statues was one thunderstrike on watcher. Army then retreated to second most wrong place possible.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:22:04 am by MCreeper »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2018, 08:17:57 pm »

Alright, I threw everything I had against Karlito's Soviet hordes, and now I'm pretty much left toothless. I'll be setting myself to AI promptly.

In hindsight, I might have taken the 'blind' theme of the round a bit too literally. As it was, I've found myself unable to afford troops, with poor research, and an expensive bless that looked good only on paper.

Full props to Karlito for leveraging all his advantages to great effect. I folded like a flan in a cupboard.

E.Albright has the admin codes. PM me if the OP needs changing for some reason or another.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2018, 06:23:13 am »

I tried twice to GIFT away a province with 100 income and a free castle.

I was refused 3 times.

Ok, fine. One time I wanted a 6 (six) income province for it and dips on a indi throne [which are always there to have if you had a army large enough to beat it anyways], once I wanted a trash underwater province for it.

Once, even nothing.
___

Apperently none can accept that I didn't know agartha doesn't have any land-fort-troops or mages at all and except the most elaborate and complicated trap.

Sorry to see you go Il Palazzo, but at least you got to kill my arena investment. Missed that war.

Edit: It feels like I have the worst border setup ever. I just can't get my own dominion into my own provinces (which is actually a good dom for once), regardless of the amount of temples I spam, nor can I even move troops around (thanks underwater and akward borders) and the magic sites are lackluster so far. Must all be nature now, just to spite me for not being a pan nation.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:28:10 am by ThtblovesDF »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2018, 12:38:35 pm »

Well, congratulations to Waido the warrior chief, whose brilliant scripting "Stay Behind Troops" has propelled him to effective second place in the Hall of Fame. RIP Ratatosk, mobbed to death by a horde of fangirls.

Alright, I threw everything I had against Karlito's Soviet hordes, and now I'm pretty much left toothless. I'll be setting myself to AI promptly.

In hindsight, I might have taken the 'blind' theme of the round a bit too literally. As it was, I've found myself unable to afford troops, with poor research, and an expensive bless that looked good only on paper.

Full props to Karlito for leveraging all his advantages to great effect. I folded like a flan in a cupboard.
The great thing about big battles is that even when you win them it feels like losing. Good thing I have reserves!

If ever there was a time for Cold Giants to fight Ulmishmen favorably, it was 20 turns ago. We have a culture here of playing "nicely" i.e. not bless rushing, which I think plays against the strengths of giant nations.

It does feel great to finally get one over you; pleasure playing as always.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2018, 01:25:19 pm »

Same here. A pleasure.

I gotta say, as compared to dom4, I couldn't see for shit what was going on in that battle.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2018, 01:52:20 pm »

Yeah, it's a total mess. I'd have to watch the replay probably 4 or 5 times to catch everything that happened.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35