Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 49182 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2017, 04:01:58 pm »

I'm really happy you posted because I almost did it a second time. ...augh

Anyway, how's everyone's game going so far? I'm getting some snippets from scouts and the rare post here, but anyone have any little stories or anything?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2017, 04:34:48 pm »

Yes.
My story begins with Aasbjorn the Nimble winning the Reality-wide UFC. He brought home a little trophy- two feet of weapons-grade steel, reputed to ward off bad luck and afflictions. So he gathers a posse of vanheres and decides to show them how to correctly cut open a barbarian upstart. The problem with these magic swords is that they are like pep-stool- they make you feel invulnerable when you're not- so he takes off ahead of his retinue like a horse running away from a wolf and the wolf is on fire. By the time they caught up with him, he's standing there, in a circle of dead bodies, bleeding from both eyes. Half the guys think he did it himself, too, just to see if he could.
(affliction resistance used to be bugged)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2017, 05:28:01 pm »

There was something interesting, a flying troop landed on my commander, failed to attack due to awe then the commander just starts marching forward away from the flier while spectral archers start trying to poke it with swords. Which is actually all I really use the spectral archers for, as a commander guard.

Also, I just realized, I missed out on doing a crypt of the necrodancer naming scheme. :(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:50:48 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2017, 07:55:22 pm »

Research is about as bad as they come, but I got more then one fort now, so that is nice.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2017, 12:19:05 am »

Sign me up for the next round when it comes! I'm really like most of the changes made to Dom 5, and even though I wouldn't say I'm very skilled at it, I'm willing to be in an MP game as an unpredictable quantity.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2017, 09:43:45 am »

Two stalls in one turn?  :o

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2017, 10:22:44 am »

I hate saying this, but maybe we need to make the turns longer? :(
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2017, 11:09:55 am »

I'm actually good, just missed turn due to my shifts at work being funky around holidays. I won't need a longer timer.

EDIT: As to stories, just watching Agartha being beat up by water nations.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:12:19 am by bulborbish »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2017, 11:15:57 am »

I think I'll postpone the game for the holidays. Until, say, 3rd of January.
Feel free to submit your turns in the meantime - any turn that gets processed will be also postponed until the aforementioned time.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2017, 11:45:20 pm »

Heh. I will admit, I'm more or less out of the game.

Therodos has a bit of an advantage over a few of my typical anti-rush strategies, and I didn't follow my own playbook in research order.
Recruitment points also threw me for a bit of a loop, as while Pale Ones still only cost 9 gold, they cost 18 recruitment points; twice as much as the average human. Even going for the even more hopeless Pale One Militia would still cost me 12 recruitment. (I'm guessing they didn't want to let Agartha just be able to shatter fort walls more than they already could?..) A few rough patches in expansion didn't help either.

All in all? Victory for Therodos, sorry Thtbloves, you assembled a fair few units, but Shamblers and Atlantians fare pretty badly against Olms (Size 3, expensive, and MR 10? Not a good combo against Mind Blasters. And the size 2 Atlantians only have base 8 defense, so Pale Ones can actually competently fight against them.); and Therodos was the one to shove the stack on my cap and strangle me. You did trash a fort literally on the turn before it finished though. What I'm saying, is if it was just you vs me, it'd still probably be a fairly intensive fight on both sides. If it was just me vs Therodos, I'd still probably be out of the game.

I don't fault you for dogpiling on me though, you lot remember what happened last time I was in the drivers seat of EA Agartha. Although you'll probably be glad to know that strategy was nerfed.

I do feel bad for not picking Rus, though. As such, with the Power invested in me by being the first one out, I call dibs on the new nation next Round. (Except Erytheia. Fuck Mystics/Mystic-like-casters) I'll see you guys next Round.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:50:11 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2017, 10:30:36 pm »

Cool stories? Well, this happened at one point.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2017, 03:02:49 am »

50 water gems, nowhere to spend them. I'm pretty sure that when/if i will get to the point where i can, there will be none.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2017, 01:44:26 pm »

Hey, Jilladilla, I know you don't have to submit a turn until January, but if you just forgot now is a great time to do it.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 26, 2017, 07:48:19 pm »

I don't fault you for dogpiling on me though, you lot remember what happened last time I was in the drivers seat of EA Agartha. Although you'll probably be glad to know that strategy was nerfed.
I wasn't around for that, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing but death on the other side of that seal in that cave.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2017, 08:39:34 pm »

I wasn't around for that, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing but death on the other side of that seal in that cave.

Oh haha. No, breaking the Seal isn't normally in my plans; it's more to secure a win or an 'Oh Shit' button for me. If you ever see me break the Seal, it's either a last ditch effort, or the first part of a game winning maneuver. And I won't break it if I'm confident in my current forces in securing the win in a timely fashion. And technically speaking, breaking the Seal wasn't even on the cards this match without shenanigans even if I didn't get taken out early; I wanted to try out Arcane Finesse (+1 Penetration) on Olms and had to give up something; that something was Death magic. (Sacrificing Earth with EA Agartha's +2 Earth Bless is idiotic, Air for its now cheap +precision boost is pretty much a 'well no duh' choice, and opens up staves of elemental mastery, all in all, I couldn't maintain a Decent Mage Bless + Arcane Finesse + sufficient Death magic + Good Scales)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35