Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 49224 times)

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »

and the bird people lucked into a free fort, gratz

Some turns late, but that wasn't a free fort. I built that fort with my own money, dagnabbit!

Important Dom5 discovery: Building a fort in the middle of nowhere--i.e. where there is little recruitment points to be had--is often counterproductive.
Check out my books at O and H Books

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2017, 01:47:46 pm »

Whelp, I don't know if our Marv had banked on Half Dead blesses being fixed, but if they did, the infinite boarpocalypse is a go, and it should be properly horrific.

Also: Mannish Nature communions? Mannish nature communions. TStrike spam just got realer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:53:42 pm by E. Albright »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2017, 02:56:11 pm »

Whelp, I don't know if our Marv had banked on Half Dead blesses being fixed, but if they did, the infinite boarpocalypse is a go, and it should be properly horrific.

You know. There is one spell that just more or less hard counters the boarpocalypse, and it cares little for blessings or numbers. I already revealed it elsewhere so I won't bother to say it again here. Do some hunting around on the inspector and figure it out like I did.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2017, 02:57:52 pm »

...that spell won't help when the boars are snorting and squealing at you from the ramparts of their ever-more-impregnable fort.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2017, 03:03:58 pm »

...that spell won't help when the boars are snorting and squealing at you from the ramparts of their ever-more-impregnable fort.

Didn't Animals and Undisciplined units both get a fairly massive nerf to their inherent Siege Defense? Or am I misremembering something I heard while Dom5 was still in beta?

Glory to United Forenia!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2017, 03:21:43 pm »

I've read that the most recent patch contains a bug that inverts supply requirements, i.e. skeletons need to eat and living don't. This game is early enough that it might not matter, but if this is going to affect anyone adversely, we should pause the game.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2017, 03:28:40 pm »

I'd forgotten the undisciplined part, and that is indeed meaningful. But boars are still ~60% as good as a normal human - 0.28-ish vs. 0.5. They're not ghouls, certainly, but then they have much harder-to-constrain growth potential than ghouls. One great boar is adding something like 2 humans worth of fort repair every turn, without needing to eat pop any more than the slow trickle from death scales and still working when the fort is sieged. It's not as obscene as it would have been in Dom4, but it's still the sort of thing that has the potential to get very ugly if Marv gets their grubby little hooves on a wellspring of emeralds.

Karlito: I see it, and it's wierd, but I suspect you're right about early impact, and this is also the sort of thing likely to get a hotfix.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:32:04 pm by E. Albright »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2017, 03:36:56 pm »

I've read that the most recent patch contains a bug that inverts supply requirements, i.e. skeletons need to eat and living don't. This game is early enough that it might not matter, but if this is going to affect anyone adversely, we should pause the game.

Can Confirm. My Need Not Eat Pale Ones are now using up supplies.

Glory to United Forenia!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2017, 03:45:48 pm »

They're using supplies, but you'd need a unit that doesn't have Need Not Eat for starvation to occur, and it still won't hit the newts. Supply mechanics are borked but good, yo.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »

They're using supplies, but you'd need a unit that doesn't have Need Not Eat for starvation to occur, and it still won't hit the newts. Supply mechanics are borked but good, yo.

Err, no. I have a few provinces consisting only of Pale Ones and an Olm Sage (or the reverse from a unit/commander point of view). All Need Not Eat units. Still using supplies. And the expected amount for that number of Size 3 Units too.

Glory to United Forenia!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2017, 04:19:04 pm »

Err, no. I have a few provinces consisting only of Pale Ones and an Olm Sage (or the reverse from a unit/commander point of view). All Need Not Eat units. Still using supplies. And the expected amount for that number of Size 3 Units too.

Try getting enough to starve. They won't. You won't get a starving message until the need-to-eat units get there, and then only the need-to-eat units (who use no supplies) will starve. Eaters aren't using supplies, but they still need to eat, and vice versa. Iz vry borked.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2017, 07:30:16 pm »

I do know the disease resistance works...at least I think, single player game I had a unit that was diseased and they just stayed at full hp, also didn't get any other afflictions.

Edit: oh...that was before this patch, not sure if it works now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:33:51 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:58 pm »

It works. It's no longer 100%, so they'll rot some, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. Before they rotted, but it didn't show (i.e., they took disease damage but then healed every turn, too).

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2017, 07:54:15 pm »

Regardless, the need not eat bless doesn't seem to work, at least despite my living sacreds having half dead, they seem to count as living, at least with the state of the game right now, meaning they don't consume supplies while my undead do. Regardless, half dead is already a pain to take normally because death scales, now they remove the one aspect I was looking forward to? oh well, I guess that means at 80% reduction it will either be 30 turns to die or -1 hp per turn.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2017, 11:25:23 pm »

Assuming they didn't change the disease resistance mechanics, you'll get diseases as normal but then have an 80% chance to heal each turn. That makes a Half Dead unit's chance of dying from a disease statistically negligible. Afflictions should still accrue, though they also did under disease resistance 100. Ofc, if they changed the disease resistance mechanics (and they might have, since my bug report did point out that existing high disease resistance made you effectively immune to dying of old age), all bets are off; it could now just be an 80% chance to not get disease when you otherwise would...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35