Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 49213 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2017, 09:06:39 am »

Yeah I got lucky with a throne guarded by relatively easy indies. Taking it right away was still probably a mistake, because even basic indies hurt. Oh well.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2017, 10:30:10 am »

Well, I think my priest may be bugged right now, since I've ordered them to move every turn and they are still in my capital. If this is the case, then I will probably drop out, but we will see next turn.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2017, 10:32:14 am »

Thats super weird, sure there isn't a river, mountain or water issue?

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2017, 10:35:54 am »

Thats super weird, sure there isn't a river, mountain or water issue?

Nope. Only wierd thing is that he has names that appear to be from the Ry'leh namelist, so I am wondering if they are in water limbo. Even if that was a case, wasting 200 gold and 5 turns trying to build even 1 other temple ruins Yomi's chances of winning, and I don't see what chance I have of actually winning.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:59:58 am by bulborbish »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2017, 11:36:41 am »

Patch came out

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2017, 11:44:31 am »

I have a bit of a bug myself. One of my druids isn't researching when I tell him to, when the new turn comes in his research order is cleared and I'm missing the RP he should have given me. To be exact he is the one I paid for on turn 2 and got turn 3, he is exactly at his first old age year, and his name is Viridomarus, which I think looks like a 'normal' druid name. The druid before him and the one since have both been fine however.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »

On my part, I can't seem to get llamaserver to accept my .2h file. Perhaps the server hasn't updated to the new patch yet? Anyone else has this problem?

Nope. Only wierd thing is that he has names that appear to be from the Ry'leh namelist, so I am wondering if they are in water limbo. Even if that was a case, wasting 200 gold and 5 turns trying to build even 1 other temple ruins Yomi's chances of winning, and I don't see what chance I have of actually winning.
Come on, mate. Don't drop out. Just hire another priest - being a couple turns late with temples as Yomi ain't big deal. It's not like they summon some crazy hordes. You're now short on maybe ten ko-onis. And if he's still in your capital, then I don't see how you've also lost 200 gold?

In any case, let's hope the patch will unstuck any such commanders.

Why Palazzo still didn't updated player list?
'Cause he's growing senile.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2017, 12:21:07 pm »

On my part, I can't seem to get llamaserver to accept my .2h file. Perhaps the server hasn't updated to the new patch yet? Anyone else has this problem?

Come on, mate. Don't drop out. Just hire another priest - being a couple turns late with temples as Yomi ain't big deal. It's not like they summon some crazy hordes. You're now short on maybe ten ko-onis. And if he's still in your capital, then I don't see how you've also lost 200 gold?

In any case, let's hope the patch will unstuck any such commanders.

Why Palazzo still didn't updated player list?
'Cause he's growing senile.

I'll try to stick around, but its hard to justify continuing to play a nation dependent on temple freespawn when I won't start building temples until turn 7 or 8.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2017, 01:00:00 pm »

Oh, come on. My cap circle overlaps TWO nations, not one? I can take consolation that THEIR cap circles also overlap, but schadenfreude only gets me so far.

And this is why I hate densely connected maps. Or possibly this is proof they hate me, but same dif.

[E: same issues with rejected .2h as IP]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:08:12 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

Got my turn receipt confirmation email, though the webpage has been slow to update. I'll check back in a couple hours to make sure it really went through.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »

Sounds like there are a lot of no-starts that should be on the map, but aren't. Though, between some peoples' problems with priests, and events being all the way on, I choose to think of it as part of the !!fun!! (I'm also not 100% happy with my start.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2017, 05:46:51 pm »

On the subject of events, it was around this turn in one of my test games that my neighbor AI Hinnom hit me with a Demon Knight commander and 40 Demon Knight troops. I can't say that I recognize what event that would be from, but... uh... !FUN! is certainly a possible menu item.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »

Yep, my cap circle is overlapping 2 nations and touching 2 others. Although 1 of those I'm questioning because I don't see their capital. My dominion is getting pushed back by them...so that is interesting. Also...I'm glad I made a second commander to ferry troops, looks like I'll at least have something to throw into the death match.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2017, 09:30:22 am »

Priests names changed again, so yeah, they are hardcore bugged.

I'll see how far I can go, but we will see.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2017, 02:29:51 pm »

That is one scary bless on Therodos troops. Etgfrog went all in on that one.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35