Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 49197 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2018, 09:41:38 am »

The only reason I'm not dead already like I should be is because you neglected to buy 1 pt of PD in all of your provinces. Literal rookie mistake.

However, I'll be free next turn, so my brief post-mortum. This was death by geography. Being an Abysia who was stuck between all the water on the map with my cap circle overlapping two water nation cap circles was pretty much it for me on turn 0.

Admittedly, I had no grand plan going into the game. My whole endgame was an early midgame: get a modest blood economy up and start breeding those Hellspawn, because they're cute, squeee! Which I did. My bless was actually tailored around this; Abysia has mediocre undead leadership, and most Hellspawn (and also Misbred) require undead leadership, so being able to have all my mages lead pseudoundead and Shrouded Demonbred lead winged pseudoundead was very handy.

So as far as fulfilling goals went, this game was a big success (even though the RNG never gave me anything better than tier 1.5 Hellspawn, and mostly not even that, despite high luck scales and an Expert Crossbreeder (8) doing almost all the casting). As a game, it was obviously a failure.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2018, 10:42:35 am »

I did, in all except one tbh.

I agree btw, screwed by circumstances outside your control.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2018, 08:08:44 pm »

Hm...shadow blast...information that there is a high probability that it will be used is worth losing that squad. As for the response...vine ogres? cave crabs? antimagic? claymen? mist with line formation? hm...maybe I should try that sow dragon teeth because the spartoi are actually not undead.

It will be ironic if abyssia manages to fend off atlantis with those hoburgs then expand out...oh wait, you need a fort to get income, so that is even more of a longshot then I initially thought
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2018, 05:22:33 am »

How about extension for a1s?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2018, 11:34:55 am »

Thank you, ghosts of admins past. They watch over us still.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2018, 02:12:43 am »

While I retain some hope that A1s will return to us, we should think about finding a sub. Perhaps those closest to Vanheim could share their thoughts on their situation.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2018, 03:44:55 am »

He has 15+ish Provinces and good tech research - some boosters around, going by the summoned units he throws around - most likely a lot of forged items, as he invested into it heavily.

Vanheim is at war, with me. He has lost one fort and the water-war, but both him and me are bringing troops from other places (he did murder Maverni and owns there Capital as far as I know) to escalate the war to a full-scale one.

He also has the only global up.

We only share a small 2-3 province border atm.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2018, 08:28:17 am »

To add a bit more, Marverni's previous capital is under siege by Yomi who's taken a number of other provinces off of Vanheim recently. Also, 15+ remaining provinces might be a generous estimate.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2018, 09:27:54 am »

I guess I'll point out that Vanheim is 6th in terms of territory and army size, although not by much since the 4th 5th and 6th spots are rather close.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Looking for a replacement for EA Vanheim
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2018, 09:58:08 am »

It should probably noted that the 2-3 province border Atlantis shares with Vanheim includes water provinces and an Atlantian Crystal Amazon shore fort that has...2 IIRC? provinces between it and Vanheim's capital.

OTOH, it might be worth noting that Vanheim, in addition to having Forge up, might have, uh, inherited 250-300 assorted gems from a now-deceased hotheaded neighbor. Mostly rubies, ofc. But still.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2018, 11:26:47 am »

Man he sure overextended himself... give it an extra 48 hours, then set it AI or something.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 31, 2018, 04:49:52 pm »

Alright, if no other solution presents itself, in about 24 hours I'll set Vanheim to AI and play will resume. You have this grace period to revise your turns however you wish with this information.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 31, 2018, 11:59:47 pm »

Well, I appear to have found a real VK-certified human to play out Vanheim's last gasp (or will it be a miraculous recovery?) They should be by to introduce themselves soon.

EDIT: Sorry about the doubleturn and rollback, I was messing with quickhost and also pressed the force host button. Anyway, please make sure to play out turn 49 now, and the real turn 50 later on.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:21:33 am by Karlito »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 01, 2018, 05:23:35 am »

Some weird things might be going on, I sent in my turn after completing it and I received 6 notifications that I sent a 2h file.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 02, 2018, 04:11:57 am »

I think Vanheim might be in a worse place than previously visible, now that ... err... everyone went for it.

On other news, buying water gems, 1:1 for fire, air, earth, nature, death.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35