Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185916 times)

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1740 on: December 07, 2019, 07:32:43 pm »

How would I go about adding patches of hair to specific  parts of a creature? I'm building a custom creature and I want the back of the head, upper and lower bodies to have fur as well as patches on the forearms and the whole of the lower leg. The creature parts are all from body_default.txt

And if I wanted to make a caste that had slabs of rock attached to the same places, what would be the best way?
Take it to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168353.1725
pug

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 07, 2019, 08:09:39 pm »

I have? You just linked to this thread
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Klip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 07, 2019, 11:49:45 pm »

If the snakeman is lying down they could use their tail already to wrestle, but not while standing up. If you rename the tail to upper tail and add a "lower tail" with the limb tag that should qualify as a wrestling part. The torso I don't think can be used. Something shouldn't be both a limb and a torso part simultaneously iirc.

You can make the tail more powerful by increasing it's relative size. There should be a token for that, I can't recall what it is right now I'm at work... Check the wiki.

ok ya I guess animal snakemen don't get the tail lash unlike serpentment but both don't get to wrestle with tails even laying down

Klip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 08, 2019, 12:27:08 pm »

What would be involved in making snakemen's(and just snakes too I guess) tails usable for wrestling and could I give it a buff since it would be a much larger and stronger limb?

also is there a way I could link upper body with strangulation or crushing to imitate constriction if the pressure is strong enough?
try adding [LIMB] to tail in body default. The buff would have to be in the actual tail attack on the creature.

No, but you could try to add a lung paralysis contact syndrome to the tail attack.

Is there a way to do this with  raw explorer? it seems much friendlier than just coding it

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: December 08, 2019, 12:56:01 pm »

Is there a way to do this with  raw explorer? it seems much friendlier than just coding it
I have never used raw explorer.

try adding this to body_default.txt:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:TAIL_UPPER]
[BP:U_TAIL:lower body:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:TAIL_UPPER][STANCE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]
[BODY:TAIL_LOWER]
[BP:L_TAIL:tail:STP][CONTYPE:STANCE][CATEGORY:TAIL_LOWER][LIMB]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]

you can add [GRASP] to the lower tail if you want it to be able to wield weapons too.

then try changing your snake man raw body to:

[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY:BASIC_HEAD:UPPER_TAIL:LOWER_TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS:RIBCAGE]

and add the following to the creature:

[ATTACK:CONSTRICT:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL_LOWER]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:whip:whips]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:300]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]

Also adding this to the creature, might make it decide to constrict more:

[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:12]

I don't know how you could get the constriction strangulation/crushing to work by an npc, but here is my initial idea (it would have to be applied to an attack or as sweat or something and it would be used during regular attacks too). You will have to play around with it

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:constriction]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:constriction]
[SYN_CONTACT]
        [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:2500:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:20:END:100]

if this doesnt work, post the errorlog
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:11:54 pm by brolol.404 »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 10, 2019, 09:57:08 am »

Putnam! I summon you! I know you're here!

How does that instant transmission script of yours work exactly?
If I'm getting this correctly, it should teleport my adventurer to enemy creature?
What I want to do is basically some sort of adventure teleport triggered by interaction (from slab).

modtools/interaction-trigger -onAttackStr "warp with a spell" -onDefendStr "warps with a spell" -command [ instant_transmission ]

Am I... Missing something? Thanks in advance!

Klip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 14, 2019, 08:53:19 pm »

if this doesnt work, post the errorlog
[/quote]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_subterranean.txt"
SERPENT_MAN:Attack CONSTRICT seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SERPENT_MAN
SERPENT_MAN:FEMALE:lower body: No tissue thickness
SERPENT_MAN:FEMALE:tail, tail: No tissue thickness
SERPENT_MAN:FEMALE:tail, lower body: No tissue thickness
SERPENT_MAN:MALE:lower body: No tissue thickness
SERPENT_MAN:MALE:tail, tail: No tissue thickness
SERPENT_MAN:MALE:tail, lower body: No tissue thickness

*ok got the last bit figured it was a tail_lower vs lower_tail
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:12:33 am by Klip »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 14, 2019, 08:55:24 pm »

Question: I'm planning on making a lizard person, but with hair alongside the scales. How would I go about making these tissues co-exist?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 14, 2019, 09:12:48 pm »

That's easy, just give them the tags for both hair and scales from creatures that have those.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 15, 2019, 11:00:55 am »

That's easy, just give them the tags for both hair and scales from creatures that have those.
You'll have to call the scale tissue with [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SCALE_TEMPLATE], rather than [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE], or else the hair might act weirdly.

Lythr0nax

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 20, 2019, 03:57:08 pm »

Hello!

(not sure if I'm doing this whole posting thing right)

I've played DF for a while now and decided to try some modding. I've made a creature and now I'm trying to make it stronger by giving it an interaction, using which it can cause a dizziness syndrome on it's opponents.

This is what I have so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and the can do interaction in the creature raw:

When I try to use the interaction in DF (adv mode), it is called "Unknown interaction" and whenever used just does nothing. The error log says that the interaction token was not recognised, twice. I mostly just tried to copy details from the syndrome page on the DF wiki. I'm not sure where and how many times I made a mistake, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: December 20, 2019, 10:58:25 pm »

How do I run a DFHack script with a syndrome?
I am an excellent proofreader... after I click submit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 26, 2019, 03:54:15 pm »

Hello!

(not sure if I'm doing this whole posting thing right)

I've played DF for a while now and decided to try some modding. I've made a creature and now I'm trying to make it stronger by giving it an interaction, using which it can cause a dizziness syndrome on it's opponents.

This is what I have so far:

and the can do interaction in the creature raw:

When I try to use the interaction in DF (adv mode), it is called "Unknown interaction" and whenever used just does nothing. The error log says that the interaction token was not recognised, twice. I mostly just tried to copy details from the syndrome page on the DF wiki. I'm not sure where and how many times I made a mistake, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure the filename the glare interaction is under says interaction_glare.txt, and that string at the top above object:interaction would also have to say interaction_glare, otherwise it wont be read during raw initialization. IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS needs a string after it; the syndrome class youre trying to prevent being targeted, so something like IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:GLARE_IMMUNE. Besides those it looks fine.

@Mim; try the dfhack help thread; no idea how to do that myself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Babel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 30, 2019, 09:51:03 pm »

This may be a really simple problem, but I have been making this mod that adds a gremlin civilization, and they will not chop down trees.
They have an axe-equivalent and it shows up in their wagon, they have woodcutter as a permitted job, but every time I designate trees in fortress mode no one does the work.
Here's the code for the axe, if that helps:

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 30, 2019, 09:55:29 pm »

Are you sure that they're big enough, and that they have working hands?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 120