Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185862 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1680 on: November 11, 2019, 11:49:37 am »

Just add to wooden staff one token from training weapons.

Training weapons?  Well, why would I wish it to be a training weapon?  I'm sorry but now I am confusing.  Do I have to make it into a training weapon to use it as a normal weapon?
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 11, 2019, 11:58:46 am »

Just add to wooden staff one token from training weapons.

Training weapons?  Well, why would I wish it to be a training weapon?  I'm sorry but now I am confusing.  Do I have to make it into a training weapon to use it as a normal weapon?
Training weapons made of wood. You need weapon made of wood?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 11, 2019, 12:10:46 pm »

???  This ISN'T a training weapon.  This is a wooden weapon.  So I repeat - do I have to make it into a training weapon to use it as a normal weapon?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 11, 2019, 12:30:56 pm »

???  This ISN'T a training weapon.  This is a wooden weapon.  So I repeat - do I have to make it into a training weapon to use it as a normal weapon?
Make weapon training is only way to make it only wood.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 11, 2019, 01:12:51 pm »

No. A reaction can make anything from anything. Doesn't have to be a training weapon.

But you cannot add a new reaction mid-game like you're trying to do. You have to generate a new world. Or replace the product of an existing reaction.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 11, 2019, 01:22:38 pm »

No. A reaction can make anything from anything. Doesn't have to be a training weapon.

But you cannot add a new reaction mid-game like you're trying to do. You have to generate a new world. Or replace the product of an existing reaction.

Thank you.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 11, 2019, 04:15:53 pm »

I think your reaction reagent is missing a material token though:

[REAGENT:log:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]

and you probably don't need this:

[ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 11, 2019, 06:19:23 pm »

how to freeze water by dropping the item into river,sea,lake,etc ? i forgot how to do it, so far my test not freeze the water, i remember it have to do with [SPEC_HEAT] number or  maybe it must be in NONE to maintain the temperature of [MAT_FIXED_TEMP] to freeze the water or river, or maybe i understand it wrong.

heres mine maybe you guys can found what part thats is wrong.

also i remember i even freeze magma/lava or am i wrong ? and it actually impossible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 13, 2019, 01:00:03 pm »

Is it possible to have a ground material produce a stone when mined and allow plants to grow on it? Would both [SOIL] and [IS_STONE] accomplish that?

Can all of these tags be used together on the same inorganic stone to make a soil/stone that appear everywhere?

[SOIL][SOIL_SAND][SOIL_OCEAN][AQUIFER]
[METAMORPHIC]
[SEDIMENTARY]
[IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE]
[IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE]
[DEEP_SPECIAL][DEEP_SURFACE]
[SEDIMENTARY_OCEAN_SHALLOW]
[SEDIMENTARY_OCEAN_DEEP]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:100]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 13, 2019, 04:07:37 pm »

I think deep special and deep surface will conflict with most normal uses, and environment will need a corresponding cluster/vein use. But you can't go wrong generating a few worlds to find out
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 13, 2019, 04:19:52 pm »

I think deep special and deep surface will conflict with most normal uses, and environment will need a corresponding cluster/vein use. But you can't go wrong generating a few worlds to find out

Thanks. Updated to [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] and [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_ONE:100]

Does deep special and deep surface prevent it from showing up anywhere but hell?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 13, 2019, 05:02:10 pm »

Thanks. Updated to [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] and [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_ONE:100]

Does deep special and deep surface prevent it from showing up anywhere but hell?
Deep Special is the token that causes Adamantine behaviour, I believe. While Deep Surface causes it to spawn like Slade.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 13, 2019, 07:58:34 pm »

Well, I ran into a few issues with this.

First off, some of the surface squares (only surface squares) are rapidly cycling through every possible soil/stone/metal option even when paused. It looks like Christmas lights. any idea what would cause this?

Next, nothing is producing stone when mined at any layer even though the materials are showing up at embark under stone and stone blocks. Can [SOIL] and [IS_STONE] not be used together or am I missing a tag?

No error log.

Here are some of the raws:

EDIT

Spoiler: embark screen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: embark blocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: in game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:05:26 pm by brolol.404 »

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 13, 2019, 08:31:32 pm »

Well, I ran into a few issues with this.

First off, some of the surface squares (only surface squares) are rapidly cycling through every possible soil/stone/metal option even when paused. It looks like Christmas lights. any idea what would cause this?

Next, nothing is producing stone when mined at any layer even though the materials are showing up at embark under stone and stone blocks. Can [SOIL] and [IS_STONE] not be used together or am I missing a tag?

No error log.

Here are some of the raws:

EDIT

Spoiler: embark screen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: embark blocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: in game (click to show/hide)
Your game is celebrating Christmas early.
pug

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 13, 2019, 11:04:54 pm »

youve discovered disco mode, congrats :D

I would say thats probably a no on using SOIL with IS_STONE. Probably have to split it up them into soil and stone layers, damn...

also is the material composition of those tiles actually changing?

I just threw is_stone and sedimentary on all the soil layers and the game just crashes on embarking, no disco mode. Sad.

[edit]

Crashing was caused by something else, but additional attempts yielded soil that behaved normally regardless. no boulders, no disco tiles, just dirt doing dirt things. Have to try it with your raws maybe?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:25:18 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120