Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185807 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1635 on: November 04, 2019, 01:22:36 pm »

So I should ethier make the yolk perma solid, or give the creature a fixed temp?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 04, 2019, 02:08:57 pm »

Or change the material to something else/put something else as the outer material of the game egg
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

krg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 04, 2019, 02:39:25 pm »

Is there a way to use a robe (or another item of clothing) in a custom reaction?
I am wanting to 'patch'/disassemble clothing to remove wear.

what I have so far
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:UNSTITCH_ROBE]
[NAME:unstitch robe]
[BUILDING:KRG_DESTITCHERY:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ROBE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG]
[PRODUCT:100:1000:CLOTH:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING]
Goblins == Child Protective Services.
Why else would they come and 'kidnap' them?
Child Protection Services would go into apoplexy get murdered with MAGMA if they found themselves inside DF.
My Sig
will grow.(hopefully) growing, mwahahahaha

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 04, 2019, 06:49:38 pm »

Are glob items like tallow considered a liquid or a solid?
Are they required to be ethier?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 04, 2019, 06:50:47 pm »

There's LIQUID_GLOB and SOLID_GLOB items separately

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1640 on: November 04, 2019, 07:08:13 pm »

Is there a way to use a robe (or another item of clothing) in a custom reaction?
I am wanting to 'patch'/disassemble clothing to remove wear.
"remove wear" would also remove dye and other decorations I guess.
I made a "clothing item into thread" reaction set for clothes workshop. Didn't want pristine cloth from unmaking clothes.

Could make [REAGENT:A:1:SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:NONE:NONE]  shoes in, glue or thread in, 85% chance of brand new undecorated shoes out.
I didn't want leather shoes to get unraveled into thread, so I added a reaction class to yarn, silk, thread.
"ARMOR" name covers everything worn on the upper body. https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:14:21 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 04, 2019, 08:34:05 pm »

I am planning on making a custom material (at least two different variants invisible to the player) to be the best metal in game. I want it to be incredibly powerful and basically unbreakable. It should be incredibly light weight for armor (to lower encumbrance) and incredibly heavy for crushing weapons (for damage output). What are the most important material tags for armor, slashing weapons, piercing weapons, crushing weapons and ranged weapons? What tags should I set to incredibly high/low numbers?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 04, 2019, 09:43:13 pm »

I am planning on making a custom material (at least two different variants invisible to the player) to be the best metal in game. I want it to be incredibly powerful and basically unbreakable. It should be incredibly light weight for armor (to lower encumbrance) and incredibly heavy for crushing weapons (for damage output). What are the most important material tags for armor, slashing weapons, piercing weapons, crushing weapons and ranged weapons? What tags should I set to incredibly high/low numbers?
Current game have adamantine and slade as two grotesque powerful materials. Why you try make better?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 04, 2019, 10:48:27 pm »

All FRACTURE and YIELD values are higher = better, all STRAIN_AT_YIELD values are lower = better. That's basically all there is to it. Density is complicated.

Current game have adamantine and slade as two grotesque powerful materials. Why you try make better?

Who cares?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 05, 2019, 05:41:26 am »

All FRACTURE and YIELD values are higher = better, all STRAIN_AT_YIELD values are lower = better. That's basically all there is to it. Density is complicated.
Thanks. Would a density of 1 be good for armor and slashing, piercing and ranged weapons/ammo? Would a density of 999999 be good for crushing weapons or would it be too heavy to use?

I am making an add-on for the Super Mario mod. I am forging weapons and armor out of star metal (e.g. all-star bat, star suit, etc.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 05, 2019, 06:56:19 am »

999999 is too heavy to be usable, yeah. Platinum's probably the max density you can practically use.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 05, 2019, 07:26:37 am »

999999 is too heavy to be usable, yeah. Platinum's probably the max density you can practically use.

Do would a crushing weapon with an All Fracture and Yield at 99999 and a strain at yield 1 with a density to match Platinum be better than Platinum for crushing weapons?

I assume a density of 1 is better for all other armor and weapons?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 05, 2019, 07:55:37 am »

99999 is softer than copper, maximum is 100000000. STRAIN_AT_YIELD can be 0, and in fact is in the case of adamantine. Density to match platinum with these values will beat platinum significantly. Density of 1 is best for everything that isn't blunt, yes.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 05, 2019, 08:26:43 am »

99999 is softer than copper, maximum is 100000000. STRAIN_AT_YIELD can be 0, and in fact is in the case of adamantine. Density to match platinum with these values will beat platinum significantly. Density of 1 is best for everything that isn't blunt, yes.
Awesome thanks.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 05, 2019, 11:12:57 am »

Also, I dont want the finished armors and weapons to be able to be smelted into bars (once the items are made they are around for good). Are the smelting tags on the material or the items themselves?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 120