Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185784 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1605 on: October 31, 2019, 07:29:39 pm »

Give your material ITEMS_WEAPON, ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED, and ITEMS_ARMOR. You can see how to give it other uses here.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 31, 2019, 08:18:25 pm »

On the other end of that spectrum. What if I wanted to have it so that a material can't be made into the normal weapons, armor, trinkets, etc, but did want it to be made for specific ones? So for example I don't want a Meridian metal to be made into the normal armor and weapons that dwarves can make by default, but it can be made into custom weapons and armor at a different, specific workshop?

Would I just not have those tags onto the materials but instead in the reaction have the reagents be the metal and the product be the weapon/armor with get_material_from_reagent?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 31, 2019, 08:36:58 pm »

Give your material ITEMS_WEAPON, ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED, and ITEMS_ARMOR. You can see how to give it other uses here.

awesome thanks. Just what I was looking for

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 01, 2019, 02:00:38 am »

On the other end of that spectrum. What if I wanted to have it so that a material can't be made into the normal weapons, armor, trinkets, etc, but did want it to be made for specific ones? So for example I don't want a Meridian metal to be made into the normal armor and weapons that dwarves can make by default, but it can be made into custom weapons and armor at a different, specific workshop?

Would I just not have those tags onto the materials but instead in the reaction have the reagents be the metal and the product be the weapon/armor with get_material_from_reagent?
Yes.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 01, 2019, 04:56:47 am »

Is there anyway to make an ammo projectile single use like a bomb?

I actually found the following thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69205.0

Should this work for the ammo material to make it a bomb that "explodes" on impact? (From the link)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:41:06 am by brolol.404 »

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 01, 2019, 09:41:36 am »

Standard skill gain/rust rates are set to
Code: [Select]
[SKILL_RATES:100:8:16:16]according to the wiki.

If I were to make a caste that could learn twice as fast, would adding
[SKILL_RATES:200:8:16:16]work? Or do I have to use
[SKILL_RATES:50:8:16:16]?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 01, 2019, 11:38:05 am »

@yomtoxic: The 200 would be correct.

Is there anyway to make an ammo projectile single use like a bomb?

I actually found the following thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69205.0

Should this work for the ammo material to make it a bomb that "explodes" on impact? (From the link)

This might work but it'd be pretty flaky. Sometimes tropical environments exceed that heat threshold and so it might melt if it's taken outside. Or if it's produced in a magma forge/the dwarf carries it through a tile heated by nearby magma. So it isn't exactly safe, I would think.

That's why I never tried it, at least.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:43:44 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 01, 2019, 11:54:16 am »

What if make eggshell liquid and egg white solid? I want make GCT eggs.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 02, 2019, 05:44:09 am »

@yomtoxic: The 200 would be correct.

Thanks! Is there a limit to this percentage?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 02, 2019, 03:24:41 pm »

There's probably some potential bugs like a value overflow situation but the wiki doesn't mention any limits, no.

@dermeister: I suspect if you made the egg shell liquid the whole egg would melt, since items only consider the outer or "dominant" material. I made a gooey eggshell material I think from fat or something, which I use for frog/fish eggs
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 03, 2019, 05:47:50 am »

There's probably some potential bugs like a value overflow situation but the wiki doesn't mention any limits, no.

I'll just keep 200 as a safe range for the Old Ones caste, then. Thanks!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 03, 2019, 09:06:41 am »

I'll just keep 200 as a safe range for the Old Ones caste, then. Thanks!

Its a percentage so 200 is only x2

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 03, 2019, 12:07:27 pm »

Yes.

I tried this with special custom type of gauntlets, but custom reaction makes just one and without the left or right alignment so it can't be equipped. Any ideas how could I make pair of functioning items with custom reaction? Some tokens or anything?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 03, 2019, 01:28:11 pm »

Dfhack. Don't think there's any other way. It'll have to wait for toady to fix the issue.
I make Spellcrafts!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: November 03, 2019, 01:34:48 pm »

Dfhack. Don't think there's any other way. It'll have to wait for toady to fix the issue.

Fine then, I saw some kind of item script with special arguments for paired items... When we're at it, do you know some script to trigger when a unit of certain race is killed? I want to punish players for killing magical livestock ;D.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 120