Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185765 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1560 on: October 15, 2019, 06:48:42 pm »

I'm trying to put some work into my adoption script (to assign dwarves arbitrary pets) but I have little to no experience with DFHack or the inner workings of Dwarf Fortress' memory. Could someone give me some tips on, or point in the direction of, how to handle unit relationships and historical figures in DFHack? Specifically, I'm trying to figure out what actually happens to a dwarf and an animal when one of them becomes a pet of the other.

Thanks in advance!
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 16, 2019, 06:32:35 am »

How add to food "toggle brew" in z-kitchen?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 16, 2019, 12:43:18 pm »

I posted this in the dfhack thread, but I figured I would post here too for visibility:

This command isn't working for me:

Code: [Select]
dfhack.run_command("modtools/force -eventType NightCreature")
The script is running (as the print command works), but nothing is happening for that line.

I am trying to get a random werecreature to spawn in fortress mode. Am I missing something in that code?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1563 on: October 16, 2019, 01:35:00 pm »

This command isn't working for me:
dfhack.run_command("modtools/force -eventType NightCreature")

should the NightCreature word be in quotes?
"modtools/force -eventType \"NightCreature\"  " or such
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 16, 2019, 02:44:22 pm »

Is it possible to make an ammo that's basically a glass bottle? That is, when it's launched and hits something, it shatters and whatever was inside is released? Also is it possible for Arrows/Bolts/Blowdarts to get stuck in a creatures body? I've never really seen it and i'm trying to make since of the "Stuck In" Item Syndrome Reborn syndrome class.
The former, not really since you cant add a "can store items" thing for ammo.

Ranged ammo definitely does get stuck into wounds on occasion though.

Then I can still do what i'd like then. It just wouldn't be thrown glass bottles and the like, but instead poisoned arrows/bolts/bullets/etc. Or maybe I could still do glass battles and possibly change the flavor text from "Lodged firmly in the wound" to "coats them in the fluid."
You could use DFhack's projectile-trigger to spawn a cloud of syndrome gas when the glass bottle hits something.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 19, 2019, 04:47:31 am »

You could use DFhack's projectile-trigger to spawn a cloud of syndrome ignited flammable gas when the glass bottle hits something.

Introducing the Anarchy mod! Now with rioting dwarves throwing tantrums and molotovs in their struggle against the nobles and their unfair mandates.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 21, 2019, 04:17:47 am »

This is probably an embarrassingly basic question, but in order to make a clothing item not be equipped outside of uniforms and to no longer suffer wear, I need to change its layer to armor? Or is there something else? Armor_level probably?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 21, 2019, 04:36:17 am »

It's armor level  :)

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 21, 2019, 05:41:30 am »

It's armor level  :)

What about [LAYER:ARMOR] then?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 21, 2019, 07:38:26 am »

hmm kinda got myself thinking about how the Animal token stuff work when you get migrants and realize DF doesn't give historical figures to animals which explains a bit with how the game optimizes things in fort mode. though I Was wondering if giving these animal token folks a historical figure would Fix the lack of labors?
my tests mostly prove that assigning a historical Id of someone already existing will fix the labor stuff but I haven't poke around to enlisting them into a military and have them hunt down something.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 21, 2019, 08:27:44 am »

What about [LAYER:ARMOR] then?

That defines the order that a creature will try to put said item in relation to the rest of their equipment.

In theory a tunic (layer: under) will be put on first, a mail shirt (layer: over) will be put on over the tunic, a breastplate (layer: armor) will be put over the mail shirt and finally a cloak (layer: cover) will be put on over the breastplate.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 21, 2019, 10:32:18 am »

Gotcha, I'll leave layers as is then and add armorlevel to a couple of items. I'm trying to streamline armor so I don't have these constant issues where they don't equip everything due to civilians claiming stuff before them and/or being a little retarded.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: October 21, 2019, 01:03:50 pm »

Is it possible to make an ammo that's basically a glass bottle? That is, when it's launched and hits something, it shatters and whatever was inside is released? Also is it possible for Arrows/Bolts/Blowdarts to get stuck in a creatures body? I've never really seen it and i'm trying to make since of the "Stuck In" Item Syndrome Reborn syndrome class.
The former, not really since you cant add a "can store items" thing for ammo.

Ranged ammo definitely does get stuck into wounds on occasion though.

Then I can still do what i'd like then. It just wouldn't be thrown glass bottles and the like, but instead poisoned arrows/bolts/bullets/etc. Or maybe I could still do glass battles and possibly change the flavor text from "Lodged firmly in the wound" to "coats them in the fluid."
You could use DFhack's projectile-trigger to spawn a cloud of syndrome gas when the glass bottle hits something.

Oh that's a really good idea. I'll start reading up on that, thanks for the suggestion!
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 21, 2019, 01:17:42 pm »

Can I make creatures drop two or more items on death? Using [ITEM_CORPSE]?

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 21, 2019, 03:00:20 pm »

Is there a way to increase the population limit for dogs?
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 120