Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185753 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1530 on: October 09, 2019, 06:24:15 am »

How do you add creatures to the list of possible werecreatures? Can vermin become werecreatures?

There isnt any list actually. you need to make an interaction with a deity source that makes people turn into a critter. But, there's nothing special about the critter just because a deity interaction curses people to become it. So yes, you can turn people into mice or toads, but the world doesnt care. what makes a werecreature act funny is the night_creature_hunter tag, which cant be added by an add_tag syndrome, so it has to be added to the creature directly. You probably dont want every toad in the world to decide to go around eating people, so you want a custom creature. Vermin behave weird, so while you can probably do it, I would suggest removing all vermin tags from a were-toad and just making it a really tiny regular creature. The creature also needs to have a special-attack flag that makes one of its attacks cause the interaction. The attack has to break the skin without being protected by clothing for the interaction to take effect.

CRAZED is also necessary to make them go berserk and attack everyone around them in-play, but it doesnt seem to matter in world gen, not sure why.

Oh, and night creature hunters need a lair to shack up between attacking people, so you should add the associated lair strings to the creature:

Spoiler: necessary interactions (click to show/hide)

Dont use body tissue color modifiers/descriptors (besides the state-color tokens on the materials) if you can help it on creatures you know people are going to be transforming into; they appear to make the game crash sometimes when you fast travel or view their desription in-game

Cool. Thanks for all the info :)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 09, 2019, 06:58:19 am »

What Eric Blank said - werebeasts are generated from their own list of creatures (there's some variance) but they don't actually use the raws for picking creatures to base off of (i.e if you make a raptor creature then the game wont start generating wereraptors out of the sudden - you'd have to make one on your own) - incidentally same case with FBs and the like, its why you see things like weremammoths or assassin bug-shaped FBs, even though neither creature is in the raws.
I have two worlds with weremammoth.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1532 on: October 09, 2019, 10:35:02 am »

What Eric Blank said - werebeasts are generated from their own list of creatures (there's some variance) but they don't actually use the raws for picking creatures to base off of (i.e if you make a raptor creature then the game wont start generating wereraptors out of the sudden - you'd have to make one on your own) - incidentally same case with FBs and the like, its why you see things like weremammoths or assassin bug-shaped FBs, even though neither creature is in the raws.
I have two worlds with weremammoth.
What I meant was that there's no non-werebeast mammoths in the vanilla game, or normal mundane assassin bugs.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1533 on: October 09, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »

*scans 76 MB of logs*
weregecko, weremonitor, were-elephant, weremonkey, weregopher seen.
... I don't have were-creatures enabled on most of my worlds.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 09, 2019, 11:04:59 pm »

How to make a corpse be able to be resurrected (not animated, resurrected) just once? Alternatively, how to make a creature only able to use its resurrect ability once?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:27:30 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1535 on: October 10, 2019, 02:56:34 am »

Not possible to have use limits or a tag that says "can only be resurrected once". Closest you can do is an extremely long cooldown on the resurrection ability.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 10, 2019, 10:04:06 am »

Is it possible to have wearable items grant interactions when worn?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 10, 2019, 11:02:04 am »

I'm using linux LNP and modest mod.
I hate it when my dwarfen civ has decided that breastplates or helmets are optional,
so I changed the corresponding lines in entity_default for the dwarfen civ.
   [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:FORCED]
   [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT:FORCED]
   [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:FORCED]
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:FORCED]
   [GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS:FORCED]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS:FORCED]
   [PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES:FORCED]
Somehow this makes it, that all grass types change to a generic grass that can no longer feed my grazers.
Any explanations?
Did I do something wrong?
I've been away from DF for some time now, but I am pretty much sure that I did exactly this change in the past and it has been working fine previously.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 10, 2019, 12:49:14 pm »

Not possible to have use limits or a tag that says "can only be resurrected once". Closest you can do is an extremely long cooldown on the resurrection ability.
Not quite. If the ressurrecting interaction also applies a syndrome with a SYN_CLASS (such as SYN_CLASS:NOREZ), and also has IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYN_CLASS:NOREZ, then it won't revive previously revived creatures.

That said, you'd need to make sure ALL ressurrection interactions have that check and syndrome class.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 10, 2019, 04:44:50 pm »

Actually I just thought of something. Would it be possible put Contact based syndromes on weapons/armor/worn accessories? Or just syndromes in general i suppose?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 11, 2019, 06:17:55 am »

If anyone is bored and wants to try and figure out a bug fix, I am stumped.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173871.90

Someone (with a few mods downloaded) is having a problem with foxhounds in my dog breeds mod. All other dogs grow up normally for them (like pitbulls), but foxhound puppies apparently turn straight into hunting foxhounds and can no longer be interacted with. I haven't had a chance to do a test run of this and replicate the error, but it almost sounds like it is caused by a vanilla df bug unique to that save file? Possibly a transformation taking place by another mod they have installed? I'm not even sure what would cause this, but even so, each dog breed raw is similar enough that this should not be unique to one dog breed. Any ideas?

I have never encountered this issue.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 11, 2019, 02:15:08 pm »

Actually I just thought of something. Would it be possible put Contact based syndromes on weapons/armor/worn accessories? Or just syndromes in general i suppose?

Yeah, I could make good use of that as well! Can I affect the creature with some buffs when it wears certain item?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 11, 2019, 03:19:30 pm »

Yeah, I could make good use of that as well! Can I affect the creature with some buffs when it wears certain item?

Not without DFHack

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 11, 2019, 03:35:40 pm »

Not without DFHack

I figured. I did some searching and found the Item Syndrome Reborn plugin for DFHack, but I don't know if it still works. I'll have to see once I get home.

If anyone knows for sure that it does, let me know.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 11, 2019, 08:18:27 pm »

If anyone is bored and wants to try and figure out a bug fix, I am stumped.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173871.90

Someone (with a few mods downloaded) is having a problem with foxhounds in my dog breeds mod. All other dogs grow up normally for them (like pitbulls), but foxhound puppies apparently turn straight into hunting foxhounds and can no longer be interacted with. I haven't had a chance to do a test run of this and replicate the error, but it almost sounds like it is caused by a vanilla df bug unique to that save file? Possibly a transformation taking place by another mod they have installed? I'm not even sure what would cause this, but even so, each dog breed raw is similar enough that this should not be unique to one dog breed. Any ideas?

I have never encountered this issue.

If anyone was looking into this, it has been solved.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 120