Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185738 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1500 on: October 05, 2019, 08:21:12 pm »

Yes, you can add and remove almost anything from an entitys available resources with DFHack. I had a series of scripts that worked in previous version, but I'm not sure they are currently working. I'm in the process of rewriting them
Is it possible to add or remove specific combinations? For example, could I have a civ which can only make arrows out of bronze and crossbow bolts out of iron, but not the reverse?

Unfortunately no, you can specify which ammo a civ can make, and what they can make that ammo out of. But you can't specify individual ammo's material.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 05, 2019, 08:23:28 pm »

Can always add a reaction to convert taboo_unedible classed cat/dog MUSCLE2 to regular meat.

Taboo breaking workshop
need extra penanace item (totem?) in the taboo-removal reactions? Or a holy mask(toy) made of metal

Bonus for role-playing: a reaction to feed tallow and excess meat to settlement's dogs and cats tigers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good idea.  Thinking about this more, if I don't care about allowing butchering at all, I guess I could just add either [NOMEAT] and [NOSKIN] or just [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] to all of the creatures.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 06, 2019, 08:45:01 am »

Well, unfortunately adding [NOMEAT] [NOSKIN] and [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] does not prevent a creature's meat, skin, leather and subsequent clothing/leather items from showing up at embark (and I assume in a caravan). It also looks like creating a new meat doesn't prevent prepared organs. I may have to make inedible organs as well as the inedible meat and un-tannable skin.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 06, 2019, 05:34:42 pm »

Maybe somehow select all the materials at the bottom and remove all the edible tags? Or add inedible tags?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 06, 2019, 09:07:50 pm »

Unfortunately no, you can specify which ammo a civ can make, and what they can make that ammo out of. But you can't specify individual ammo's material.
Dang. Oh well, thanks anyway.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 07, 2019, 02:40:20 am »

Dang. Oh well, thanks anyway.

That can be handled by workshop reactions to draw from specific materials in order to construct the type of ammunition for a silver lining in special cases. A simpler solution would be to have a custom workshop handle specific requests for ammunition, but all generic metals would appear in a forge since it collects a list.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 07, 2019, 05:30:10 am »

I want add to elves cookable drug as analogue of dwarven booze. How make syndrom work?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1507 on: October 07, 2019, 05:42:12 am »

I want add to elves cookable drug as analogue of dwarven booze. How make syndrom work?
The liquid material must have [ALCOHOL_CREATURE] or [ALCOHOL_PLANT] to get citizens to drink it. Or maybe it's a milk.
Possibly "drug use workshop", that converts drug-boulder to gas, and the gas has a syndrome.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1508 on: October 07, 2019, 07:09:28 am »

The liquid material must have [ALCOHOL_CREATURE] or [ALCOHOL_PLANT] to get citizens to drink it. Or maybe it's a milk.
Possibly "drug use workshop", that converts drug-boulder to gas, and the gas has a syndrome.
Not quite corrret. The product must be "DRINK", and can be anything. Even DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE would be used and consumed by your civ members.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 07, 2019, 07:41:34 am »

Not quite corrret. The product must be "DRINK", and can be anything. Even DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE would be used and consumed by your civ members.
If I add this drug as powder, they will not drink it. Or will?

Also, I not sure about syndrome effects. I not fully understand how works vanilla death by alcohol.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 07, 2019, 07:51:34 am »

What if make meal with one not edible and not cookable ingredient? Will this meal be edible, if another ingredients is edible (raw or cooked)?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 07, 2019, 09:24:31 am »

Yes, you can add and remove almost anything from an entitys available resources with DFHack. I had a series of scripts that worked in previous version, but I'm not sure they are currently working. I'm in the process of rewriting them
Is it possible to add or remove specific combinations? For example, could I have a civ which can only make arrows out of bronze and crossbow bolts out of iron, but not the reverse?

Removing the ammo entries ( ie [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS] ) from the entity file and then giving them custom reactions which can only use specific materials for each ammo type should do the trick at the player's fortress level. It will mean that the player will have to deal with some extra micromanaging, since the game will recognize the ammo as "foreign" so the player has to manually assign it for their hunters/archers. I don't know if it will have any weird effect on the civ level, like their archers spawning without ammo during sieges.

What if make meal with one not edible and not cookable ingredient? Will this meal be edible, if another ingredients is edible (raw or cooked)?

How can you make a meal with something that isn't cookable? Anyway mixing edible with non edible ingredients seem to produce edible meals. At the very least military citizens that are set to carry food will pick them as opposed to meals made out of inedible ingredients only.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 07, 2019, 12:08:30 pm »

Removing the ammo entries ( ie [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS] ) from the entity file and then giving them custom reactions which can only use specific materials for each ammo type should do the trick at the player's fortress level. It will mean that the player will have to deal with some extra micromanaging, since the game will recognize the ammo as "foreign" so the player has to manually assign it for their hunters/archers. I don't know if it will have any weird effect on the civ level, like their archers spawning without ammo during sieges.

How can you make a meal with something that isn't cookable? Anyway mixing edible with non edible ingredients seem to produce edible meals. At the very least military citizens that are set to carry food will pick them as opposed to meals made out of inedible ingredients only.
Artifact food or meals made by custom reactions.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 07, 2019, 06:34:07 pm »

I am looking for some opinions on how you would construct a crawfish man.

Code: [Select]
[NOBONES][EXTRAVISION]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:SHELL:TAIL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:PARCHMENT]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE]

Another option:

[NOBONES][EXTRAVISION]
[BODY:HUMANOID_6ARMS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH:SHELL:TAIL:UPPER_PINCERS]

Should it have multiple arms or just two? Should it have fingers and toes? Should it have a neck? Should it have pincers? If so, should it also have hands and fingers on a different set of arms?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:56:49 pm by brolol.404 »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 07, 2019, 10:32:57 pm »

I am looking for some opinions on how you would construct a crawfish man.

[NOBONES][EXTRAVISION]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:SHELL:TAIL]

Another option:

[NOBONES][EXTRAVISION]
[BODY:HUMANOID_6ARMS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH:SHELL:TAIL:UPPER_PINCERS]

Should it have multiple arms or just two? Should it have fingers and toes? Should it have a neck? Should it have pincers? If so, should it also have hands and fingers on a different set of arms?
Second oprion is better. But why not 6 legs?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 120