Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185700 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1485 on: September 30, 2019, 05:45:56 pm »

Probably because it's creature alcohol not plant alcohol? Dwarves can make mead too but never seem to actually have it available even though honey bees are everywhere
But even if I add them reaction of alcohol making, will them have it without farming?
Nah. I did the same for one of my creatures, they still don't show up in trade or embark. Might have to allow them to farm and brew plants, if at all possible.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 30, 2019, 06:24:10 pm »

Probably because it's creature alcohol not plant alcohol? Dwarves can make mead too but never seem to actually have it available even though honey bees are everywhere
But even if I add them reaction of alcohol making, will them have it without farming?
Nah. I did the same for one of my creatures, they still don't show up in trade or embark. Might have to allow them to farm and brew plants, if at all possible.
It's goblins, they not farm.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 30, 2019, 07:35:37 pm »

Why meals made from remains descripted as not edible in dfhack?

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 02, 2019, 09:49:11 am »

Is it possible to make a workshop only usable by certain species?   

So if I have a fort with two different species, one can use workshops A, B and C, while the other one can use workshops C, D and E.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1489 on: October 03, 2019, 04:15:20 am »

Is it possible to make a workshop only usable by certain species?   
So if I have a fort with two different species, one can use workshops A, B and C, while the other one can use workshops C, D and E.
Not as far as I know.
Might try that reaction 1 requires a 2ton boulder that one species cannot carry, but doesn't seem worthwhile.
Could look into a civ's PERMITTED_JOB tag but one's site belongs to only once civ, permittedjob isn't per creature.
Workshop A's all reactions might emit a gas-boulder that hurts(lazyfies, muscles rotting) creature type Z.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 03, 2019, 04:51:30 am »

There is an indirect way that might work. Setting "A" creature's specific skill rate to 0 should prevent them from improving said skill above dabbling, then you use a noble with the manager position to set all workshops to be unusable by anyone that isn't at or above novice (maybe it could be done on auto with a dfhack script?).  Now to allow creature "B" to use the workshop (without any further hassle) you'll have to give it a natural skill of 1 or above.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 03, 2019, 08:32:10 pm »

Is there a way to make it so a specific creature's meat and leather won't show up in/on a civilization's trade caravan/embark/citizens?  So humans won't wear cat leather shirts and sell dog meat for example.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 03, 2019, 11:49:05 pm »

Is there a way to make it so a specific creature's meat and leather won't show up in/on a civilization's trade caravan/embark/citizens?  So humans won't wear cat leather shirts and sell dog meat for example.
Humans sell dog meat. In Korean.

Only way I know - make creature intelligent (not just sapient, really by token intelligent).

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 04, 2019, 06:50:22 am »

Yeah. I know adding intelligent prevents it from most civs, but then they aren't really dogs or cats anymore.

Anyone know of a way to accomplish this with dfhack if not in the raws?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 04, 2019, 08:23:42 am »

That creature's muscle is a MUSCLE2 new material that isn't edible?
And their skin made of a not-tannable material.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:25:25 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 04, 2019, 09:34:31 am »

Yeah. I know adding intelligent prevents it from most civs, but then they aren't really dogs or cats anymore.

Yes, you can add and remove almost anything from an entitys available resources with DFHack. I had a series of scripts that worked in previous version, but I'm not sure they are currently working. I'm in the process of rewriting them

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 05, 2019, 08:00:16 am »

That creature's muscle is a MUSCLE2 new material that isn't edible?
And their skin made of a not-tannable material.

Thanks. This is a good idea, but I was hoping that the player would still have the option. It just wouldn't be normal or appropriate for the civ as a whole (e.g. migrants won't show up in a golden retriever shirt, caravans won't sell pitbull meat, great dane meat can be chosen at embark, etc.) I'm not totally against this idea though. I'll consider this if I can't figure something else out.

Yes, you can add and remove almost anything from an entitys available resources with DFHack. I had a series of scripts that worked in previous version, but I'm not sure they are currently working. I'm in the process of rewriting them

Thanks. Sent you a DM. I'm hoping to use this code for Dog Breeds.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 05, 2019, 03:23:32 pm »

Thanks. This is a good idea, but I was hoping that the player would still have the option. It just wouldn't be normal or appropriate for the civ as a whole (e.g. migrants won't
Can always add a reaction to convert taboo_unedible classed cat/dog MUSCLE2 to regular meat.

Taboo breaking workshop
need extra penanace item (totem?) in the taboo-removal reactions? Or a holy mask(toy) made of metal

Bonus for role-playing: a reaction to feed tallow and excess meat to settlement's dogs and cats tigers:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:25:52 pm by TomiTapio »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 05, 2019, 06:56:24 pm »

Is it possible to add or remove specific combinations? For example, could I have a civ which can only make arrows out of bronze and crossbow bolts out of iron, but not the reverse?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 05, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »

I'd like to try to make some DF Hack scripts, are there any guides/documentation on how to go about that?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 120