Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185689 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1456 on: September 22, 2019, 06:44:14 am »

edit: answered in a different thread
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:11:08 am by brolol.404 »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 23, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »

What it ITEMSPECIFIC decoration? How add decoration to reaction? I have reaction of making bed ("pillow") from cloth and feathers/hair, for value bed made of cloth must be decorated by feathers/hair.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1458 on: September 24, 2019, 04:37:09 am »

What it ITEMSPECIFIC decoration? How add decoration to reaction? I have reaction of making bed ("pillow") from cloth and feathers/hair, for value bed made of cloth must be decorated by feathers/hair.
Scroll rollers attaching example:
   [REAGENT:sheet:10000:SHEET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:scroll rollers:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sheet:NONE]
      [PRODUCT_TOKEN:scroll] call the product by a label
   [IMPROVEMENT:100:scroll:SPECIFIC:ROLLERS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:scroll rollers:NONE] apply improvement to labeled reagent

list of improvement types: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#improvement_type

Note: "All other item improvement tokens (ART_IMAGE, ITEMSPECIFIC, THREAD, CLOTH, SEWN_IMAGE, and ILLUSTRATION) are ignored."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 04:38:41 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 24, 2019, 01:29:27 pm »

I'm having problem with reaction. I want to produce a custom material, liquid in this case, directly on floor, like, when rendering fat or something.
The problem is, no product appears. When I tried it with unspecified liquid, it appeared as 150 stack of "liquid", so it probably just couldn't read the custom material.

I don't have idea why. It's written correctly, i tried it with INORGANIC:, for it's inorganic material, but nothing fixed it. Ideas?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 24, 2019, 02:42:15 pm »

The product line should be ...:liquid_misc:none:inorganic:raw_chaos]

Product/reagent lines always have four fields. Item, item subtype ("NONE" in this case), material, and material subtype, in this case the material is inorganic and the subtype is raw_chaos. If it's a creatures material the material field would be CREATURE_MAT and the subtype would be the material ID from that creature, say "MUSCLE" would correspond to their muscle tissue, which is named "meat" in-game.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: September 24, 2019, 06:28:46 pm »

Carnivores not eat tallow. How make tallow edible by carnivores?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 24, 2019, 11:02:18 pm »

Product/reagent lines always have four fields. Item, item subtype ("NONE" in this case), material, and material subtype, in this case the material is inorganic and the subtype is raw_chaos. If it's a creatures material the material field would be CREATURE_MAT and the subtype would be the material ID from that creature, say "MUSCLE" would correspond to their muscle tissue, which is named "meat" in-game.

Aaaah, I see, subtype! So when it worked, I must have it none at the moment... Yeah, that would make sense. Thanks a lot!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 25, 2019, 06:34:24 am »

Mix it with meat in foods, eggs & flour, dwarven sugar/syrup, these are components of food but they would eat it especially for the meat element due to their tags. This isn't really a modding question but just a game quirk that can be touched by modding, bone-carnivores 'could' (though i've never seen it) also eat bones but they aren't typically used for food.

There are still some untouched areas, such as dividing egg whites and yolks that exist seperately inside the egg itself rather than biting the shell, and the previously mentioned bones unused in cooking if you wish to boil them for instance. Chicken skeletons are thin enough for human consumption when prepared like this in real life but you are unlikely to gain much nutrition from it.

There are notable exceptions, this reaction using eggs (which works perfectly) has six, follows roughly the same rules.
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE:CREATURE_MAT:FEMALE:EGG]
Spoiler: "original code" (click to show/hide)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 25, 2019, 08:16:58 am »

Mix it with meat in foods, eggs & flour, dwarven sugar/syrup, these are components of food but they would eat it especially for the meat element due to their tags. This isn't really a modding question but just a game quirk that can be touched by modding, bone-carnivores 'could' (though i've never seen it) also eat bones but they aren't typically used for food.

There are still some untouched areas, such as dividing egg whites and yolks that exist seperately inside the egg itself rather than biting the shell, and the previously mentioned bones unused in cooking if you wish to boil them for instance. Chicken skeletons are thin enough for human consumption when prepared like this in real life but you are unlikely to gain much nutrition from it.

There are notable exceptions, this reaction using eggs (which works perfectly) has six, follows roughly the same rules.
Spoiler: "original code" (click to show/hide)
What token make meat edible by carnivores?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 25, 2019, 08:48:47 am »

[MEAT] on material_template_default (or similar material template files) under [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE] for example of a meat defined in file with other tags like    [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL], [ROTS], [GENERATES_MIASMA]

When referenced in places such as looking for the material to pad out a creature (a source of meat) it'll apply these. Else you could provide a alternative.

Quote from: Eric Blank
If it's a creatures material the material field would be CREATURE_MAT and the subtype would be the material ID from that creature, say "MUSCLE" would correspond to their muscle tissue, which is named "meat" in-game.

This is what they were trying to guide you towards as a explanation.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 25, 2019, 08:58:58 am »

[MEAT] on material_template_default (or similar material template files) under [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE] for example of a meat defined in file with other tags like    [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL], [ROTS], [GENERATES_MIASMA]

When referenced in places such as looking for the material to pad out a creature (a source of meat) it'll apply these. Else you could provide a alternative.

Quote from: Eric Blank
If it's a creatures material the material field would be CREATURE_MAT and the subtype would be the material ID from that creature, say "MUSCLE" would correspond to their muscle tissue, which is named "meat" in-game.

This is what they were trying to guide you towards as a explanation.
I add some new materials. This is bug flour (inorganic, cookable and made from vermins), bugbread (inorganic, made from bug flour, edible), bugbeer (alcohol from bug flour) and bone porridge (made from bones, added to default template, edible). How make this materials edible by trolls and other bonecarn?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 25, 2019, 10:22:58 am »

That material token confuses me 'CREATURE:CREATURE_MAT:FEMALE:EGG'. I normally see creature material tokens in the form CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID:MATERIAL. How does the reaction know which creature to accept eggs from? Are you sure there isn't any error log associated with that reaction? Seems like it wouldn't be understanding what material you want, so it just accepts any eggs?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 25, 2019, 10:38:58 am »

Quote from: Roses
That material token confuses me 'CREATURE:CREATURE_MAT:FEMALE:EGG'. I normally see creature material tokens in the form CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID:MATERIAL. How does the reaction know which creature to accept eggs from? Are you sure there isn't any error log associated with that reaction? Seems like it wouldn't be understanding what material you want, so it just accepts any eggs?

It accepts the egg with no error log, i logic i went down was that it looked for a particular material from a caste because it has a problem realising genderless creatures (summoning one in with DFhack incurs a crash) and i put in no field of creature to pursue so it accepted all eggs unless your explanation is closer to the truth.

Egg item, no subtype, creature (obj creature), creature_mat, female(caste),template, though i've been told the ordering doesn't matter.

I did attempt to reverse engineer it with Kazoo's silk egg mod, which i did put a little bit of self promotion regarding this reaction there, [REACTION_CLASS:SILK_EGG] irregardless would call the eggs in im very certain (yet to try, its tricky to pin them down) because im being careful to not associate it to any kind of specific creature since that seems to be broken.

I tried this as of a 44.12 version by the way

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 25, 2019, 10:51:55 am »

I created a leprechaun creature that works as intended (so I could just leave it alone), but I am getting the following error:

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature holiday_LEPRECHAUN
Unrecognized Inorganic Token: SALT

I assume it is from the [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:SALT] tag. He is supposed to die on any attack without leaving any corpse, body parts or remains. How do I get rid of this error without making the creature stronger?

[CREATURE:holiday_LEPRECHAUN]
[DESCRIPTION:A small humanoid creature.]
[NAME:leprechaun:leprechauns:leprechaun]
[CASTE_NAME:leprechaun:leprechauns:leprechaun]
[CREATURE_TILE:'l'][COLOR:2:0:1]
[PREFSTRING:mythical tales of gold]

[FANCIFUL]
DOES_NOT_EXIST
[MISCHIEVIOUS]
[CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM]
[FLEEQUICK]
[TRAPAVOID]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[NOEXERT][NOPAIN]
[ITEMCORPSE:COIN:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
[ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:5]
[NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NO_DIZZINESS][NO_FEVERS]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[BENIGN]
[INTELLIGENT]
[ODOR_LEVEL:0]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:0]

[NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:8]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SWIMMING:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:8]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:8]
[NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:6]

[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:0:400:600:750:800:900:1100]                    --
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]              ++
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:0:400:600:750:800:900:1100]                   --
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:INTUITION:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]             +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]              max
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:SPATIAL_SENSE:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]        ++
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]    ++

[NOBONES][NOBREATHE][EXTRAVISION]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
[TISSUE:SALT]
[TISSUE_NAME:magic:magic]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:SALT]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SALT]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:15000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:230:250]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:447:298:145:1900:2900] 60 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2206:1692:1178:585:3400:4900] 15 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[SWIMS_INNATE]

[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:56:02 am by brolol.404 »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 120