Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185445 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Those are animated, not resurrected, which is a different thing

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, usage hints won't help you there. You either need to accept that it will indiscriminately revive things, or limit it to specific creatures.

This is all of 'em

Ah. Double facepalm moment from me for not thinking of the former and not making the connection on the latter.  :o Though I do wonder if such a limit is even possible when resurrecting. I think I might check that out for myself.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:14:09 am by EternalCaveDragon »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile

Trying to nerf farming a bit, having researched other methods; has anyone found ANY way to reduce the amount of food that fruit trees produce? AFAIK [GROWTH_DENSITY:X] does nothing when changed. I've considered reducing the number/frequency of fruit trees... Right now it seems that any attempt to adjust plant_standard and plant_garden yields through GROWDUR and CLUSTERSIZE are overshadowed by fruit.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What if add reaction of glazing weapons by venom? Will this weapons be poisonous or only spatter can enter in blood?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What if add reaction of glazing weapons by venom? Will this weapons be poisonous or only spatter can enter in blood?

Glaze is a value modifcation effect, i don't think it can actually transfer unless it was a contact reliant poison but clay pots/goods can't contain liquids until the glaze is applied therefore inferring that there is a substantial change in material's material properties.

So uh, i 'guess' you could glaze a weapon that the glaze itself irrespective of the poison causes blistering etc. but definitely not splatter something or inject it, someone made a type of wood that caused blistering i think somewhere on the forums or off forums in modding chat of a discord i was sitting in on that applied the syndrome on touch.

The barrelled poison could be generalised via a reaction into different effects if you coded a bit more material data for it, such as material classess. Seperate your GCS paralysis venom from your necrosis GDS venom. Paralysis inducing glazed arrows (handled with care)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:01:38 pm by FantasticDorf »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glaze is a value modifcation effect, i don't think it can actually transfer unless it was a contact reliant poison but clay pots/goods can't contain liquids until the glaze is applied therefore inferring that there is a substantial change in material's material properties.

So uh, i 'guess' you could glaze a weapon that the glaze itself irrespective of the poison causes blistering etc. but definitely not splatter something or inject it, someone made a type of wood that caused blistering i think somewhere on the forums or off forums in modding chat of a discord i was sitting in on that applied the syndrome on touch.

The barrelled poison could be generalised via a reaction into different effects if you coded a bit more material data for it, such as material classess. Seperate your GCS paralysis venom from your necrosis GDS venom. Paralysis inducing glazed arrows (handled with care)
Can you test glazing of normal wood and metal weapons by snake and giant cave spider venom?

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please pardon my adding another question to the mix, but how does one go about adding additional food items? Such as for example types of bread or other foods made from the ingredients available in the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Can you test glazing of normal wood and metal weapons by snake and giant cave spider venom?

Yes, we tested this 9 years ago when these things were added. Nothing has changed since then.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Please pardon my adding another question to the mix, but how does one go about adding additional food items? Such as for example types of bread or other foods made from the ingredients available in the game.

You can add them via the food item types, there's one vanilla file in the raws for that and some info on the wiki about it, but dwarves will throw whatever ingredients they wanting them, so they'll make stuff like leopard tallow and sand pear bread. Made solely from tallow and pears. So it'll always be wonky and you can't specify ingredients for recipes except by making reactions that make specific material+item types combos.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can add them via the food item types, there's one vanilla file in the raws for that and some info on the wiki about it, but dwarves will throw whatever ingredients they wanting them, so they'll make stuff like leopard tallow and sand pear bread. Made solely from tallow and pears. So it'll always be wonky and you can't specify ingredients for recipes except by making reactions that make specific material+item types combos.

I see. The first instance sounds incredibly dorfy though I will admit. XD

EDIT: I'm also wondering where in the files the food reactions are because all I can find are the food item raws.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:45:49 pm by EternalCaveDragon »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile

Is adventure mode building moddable, or is it hardcoded? I noticed all you can build in terms of workshops is a carpenter's workshop, which is kind of disappointing.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm also wondering where in the files the food reactions are because all I can find are the food item raws.

The item_food.txt RAW file is the only one specifically dealing with food(meals).  It is the library of terms that are used in naming prepared meals that your cooks make at the kitchen. The "level" in each entry has to do with what type of meal it is (2 = Easy, 3 = Fine, and 4 = Lavish).  If you want to create new names for these meals, you can add them in. They will be randomly picked from all choices based on the food level.

For example, adding:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_DUMPLING]
[NAME:dumpling]
[LEVEL:2]

to the item_food RAW will mean that there is now a chance for your dwarven cooks to make dumplings when you select "prepare easy meal" from the kitchen.  Mechanically, they will be identical to other easy meals (e.g. biscuits).

______

The actual reaction that makes meals is hard-coded in the game. Also, trying to make custom reactions to make meals (the FOOD item) tend to not work. However, if you want to make custom edible foods, and not have them be the random assembly of minced ingredients that dwarven cooking demands, then you can make reactions to make other eat-able items instead and have those items be made out of your new "food".

Some valid eat-able items that you can have your reactions churn out include:
  • Cheese
  • Fish (will have the prefix "prepared" in front of the material)
  • Meat
  • Plant
  • Plant Growth
  • Glob
  • Egg

These will be the "item" that the reaction makes. You will still need to assign the material, which would be whatever custom food material it is you want to add.

Remember to have the proper EDIBLE tags on your food material, else your dwarves won't eat it. Also, the type of item you decide to make will determine stockpiling preferences, so keep that in mind as well. I've known a lot of people that have modded in their own custom "meals", like dwarven bread or something like that. The general consensus has been that the "cheese" item tends to work the best in terms of stockpiling your new food with your other edibles with the least hassle in trying to find it.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The item_food.txt RAW file is the only one specifically dealing with food(meals).  It is the library of terms that are used in naming prepared meals that your cooks make at the kitchen. The "level" in each entry has to do with what type of meal it is (2 = Easy, 3 = Fine, and 4 = Lavish).  If you want to create new names for these meals, you can add them in. They will be randomly picked from all choices based on the food level.

For example, adding:

to the item_food RAW will mean that there is now a chance for your dwarven cooks to make dumplings when you select "prepare easy meal" from the kitchen.  Mechanically, they will be identical to other easy meals (e.g. biscuits).

______

The actual reaction that makes meals is hard-coded in the game. Also, trying to make custom reactions to make meals (the FOOD item) tend to not work. However, if you want to make custom edible foods, and not have them be the random assembly of minced ingredients that dwarven cooking demands, then you can make reactions to make other eat-able items instead and have those items be made out of your new "food".

• Cheese
  • Meat
  • Plant
  • Plant Growth
  • Glob
  • Egg

These will be the "item" that the reaction makes. You will still need to assign the material, which would be whatever custom food material it is you want to add.

Remember to have the proper EDIBLE tags on your food material, else your dwarves won't eat it. Also, the type of item you decide to make will determine stockpiling preferences, so keep that in mind as well. I've known a lot of people that have modded in their own custom "meals", like dwarven bread or something like that. The general consensus has been that the "cheese" item tends to work the best in terms of stockpiling your new food with your other edibles with the least hassle in trying to find it.

Aha, thank you. This is very informative. :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:40:21 pm by EternalCaveDragon »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm also wondering where in the files the food reactions are because all I can find are the food item raws.

For example, adding:

______

• Cheese
  • Meat
  • Plant
  • Plant Growth
  • Glob
  • Egg

Bread in category plant cheese is strange.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bread in category plant cheese is strange.

Yes, but our options are fairly limited, as making FOOD items (prepared meals) with custom reactions doesn't really work (as far as I remember, I haven't looked into this in some time).

And speaking of cheese... Isn't bread just a cheese made of wheat + heat?  Using yeast instead of acid-bacteria ?  They are both fermented foods, sorta :D
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 120