Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185425 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1050 on: April 01, 2019, 08:35:57 pm »

Yeah, don't put new copies of the game over an old folder. Put it into a new folder, then transfer your saves and other things over.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1051 on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:26 am »

I'm attempting to update a mod from v43.x to v44.x there are two glaring errors that immediately stand out though.
I recommend WinMerge or other code comparison tool (what has changed in these piles of text files?) for copying changes over.

My guide of major raws changes, from 2012 to 2014 version: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12296
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 07, 2019, 12:21:40 pm »

Has there been any research done on the maximum number of plants/creatures/items/etc... that can be in the game?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 07, 2019, 04:09:16 pm »

Has there been any research done on the maximum number of plants/creatures/items/etc... that can be in the game?

im kinda curious on this to honestly
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Nerevarest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 09, 2019, 11:16:25 pm »

Question: is there some way i can modify an existing fort into a reanimating biome?

Emperor Sheev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 13, 2019, 04:00:43 pm »

Question: is there some way i can modify an existing fort into a reanimating biome?

No.

Emperor Sheev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 13, 2019, 04:02:28 pm »

Does modifying the raws for necromancers actually change how they work? Asking because it's labeled as "example."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1057 on: April 15, 2019, 07:55:14 am »

Does modifying the raws for necromancers actually change how they work? Asking because it's labeled as "example."
Probably not. It's a binary thing, a creature can either reanimate, or it can't.
More at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Necromancer
(oh, the 2012 interaction files are not in the objects folder, but in other folder.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:10:05 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 15, 2019, 01:22:39 pm »

Probably not. It's a binary thing, a creature can either reanimate, or it can't.
(oh, the 2012 interaction files are not in the objects folder, but in other folder.)

That doesn't answer the question at all, and seems to imply that modifying the raws will change things (it won't).

It does not because those are not the raws for necromancers. It's just an example. Necromancers are generated on a per-world basis and are not modifiable.

Emperor Sheev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 19, 2019, 04:48:37 pm »

That doesn't answer the question at all, and seems to imply that modifying the raws will change things (it won't).

It does not because those are not the raws for necromancers. It's just an example. Necromancers are generated on a per-world basis and are not modifiable.

Thanks! (sorry for late reply)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Alright, so. Having some issues with a particular thing. Specifically, I'd like to be able to incinerate dead bodies, and the body parts of enemies and such. I know the latter is doable - Meph's crematorium does it, even if it incinerates useful products as well (skulls, hooves, that sort of thing.) I can live with that.

Between me and ZM, we're either getting the worker burning nothing, or burning whatever random crap happens to be available. Now, I'd prefer not having to do some super intrusive measure (I figure the first thing someone will suggest is adding reaction classes or something to x  material or y creatures,) to make it so sapiant corpses and bits can be disposed of with something other than magma and bridges, because I personally take the slow approach to the game and don't want to have haulers hauling around dead people and traumatizing themselves (and using autodump destroy is hideously tedious, especially with edge-weapon heavy militias.) I'd like to be able to just plonk down a trash burner and have someone with mental fortitude take care of it on location.

Any help whatsoever would be appreciated. I know the reaction is functional itself, because it'll take whatever is being arbitrarily used as an input and outputs the ash as intended. I just need to make it work in the intended manner and only have them take body parts and corpses.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Alright, so. Having some issues with a particular thing. Specifically, I'd like to be able to incinerate dead bodies, and the body parts of enemies and such. I know the latter is doable - Meph's crematorium does it, even if it incinerates useful products as well (skulls, hooves, that sort of thing.) I can live with that.

Between me and ZM, we're either getting the worker burning nothing, or burning whatever random crap happens to be available. Now, I'd prefer not having to do some super intrusive measure (I figure the first thing someone will suggest is adding reaction classes or something to x  material or y creatures,) to make it so sapiant corpses and bits can be disposed of with something other than magma and bridges, because I personally take the slow approach to the game and don't want to have haulers hauling around dead people and traumatizing themselves (and using autodump destroy is hideously tedious, especially with edge-weapon heavy militias.) I'd like to be able to just plonk down a trash burner and have someone with mental fortitude take care of it on location.

Any help whatsoever would be appreciated. I know the reaction is functional itself, because it'll take whatever is being arbitrarily used as an input and outputs the ash as intended. I just need to make it work in the intended manner and only have them take body parts and corpses.
Are you using [USE_BODY_COMPONENT] besides your components?

To quote the wiki
Reagent must be a body part (CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE). Must be used even if your reagent item type is CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE, otherwise it will match any item.

Are you actually managing to target sapient creature parts, though? Because IIRC the bug that causes anything from a sapient to be unusable is still around will probably still be a problem for you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you using [USE_BODY_COMPONENT] besides your components?

To quote the wiki
Reagent must be a body part (CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE). Must be used even if your reagent item type is CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE, otherwise it will match any item.

Are you actually managing to target sapient creature parts, though? Because IIRC the bug that causes anything from a sapient to be unusable is still around will probably still be a problem for you.

To the first part, never seen it, didn't know it was a thing and consequently, never messed with it. To the second, I must've just missed that but I dunno what that means as far as what is put into the reaction itself. As to functionality, I've seen Meph's crematorium reaction take the bits chopped off of animal people or werebeasts, and it took goblin teeth. So I have no reason to assume that'd be an issue.

EDIT: Sorry if I seem a bit hostile. This is something that's been an issue forrrrrrrrrrrever, for me basically. And before I start a project concerning a very fight-heavy civ, I need a way for them to clear up the areas around thier turf early game and that's stuff I either really have never seen or just flat out didn't notice on the wiki.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Didn't seem hostile for me. Anyway, it seems based on your descriptions that you are missing [USE_BODY_COMPONENT], since the wiki outright says the worker will grab whatever instead of a corpse or corpsepart. So try that out and tell us if it is indeed the case?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can do. I had to have completely missed it on the... 3 or 4 time si think I went over it while working on the other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 120