Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185312 times)

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #810 on: September 27, 2018, 01:53:57 pm »

Can I use a syndrome to add immunity to heat to a creature?

Magma Crabs have:

[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_HEATDAM_POINT:13000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_IGNITE_POINT:13000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:13000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:15000]

To make sure they don't melt in magma. Can I add this through syndrome? I'm trying to get mages that cast jets of magma, but they always melt when they use it. I could change it to dragonfire and make them super fire immune, but I really wanted the magma.

edit: making them fire immune through CE_ADD_TAG doesn't work either, huh.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:10:12 pm by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #811 on: September 27, 2018, 02:58:11 pm »

Nope, fire immunity so far cannot be added through syndromes. The fireimmune tokens themselves doesn't actually grant it either, its just an AI switch so the creature knows it can path through heated areas (name's a holdover from much older versions, before creature materials were really a thing).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 28, 2018, 12:54:49 am »

@Different child/adult stage: Is this also why all werebeast syndromes are humanoid? Though I recall ettins can be inflicted with weresyndromes, so there's that.

I was pondering of possibility of COUNTER_TRIGGER on a wild cat→cat demon (close enough to age if the cat is short-lived), but shame if that's not workable.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #813 on: September 28, 2018, 02:31:14 am »

Anything that has CAN_LEARN and doesn't have NOT_LIVING can be inflicted with werebeast syndromes - so the semimegas, alongside trolls and ogres, can all actually be infected by werebeasts.
I don't really think its workable with animals since they don't get cursed in worldgen - though, they could still be infected by another creature in actual gameplay.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #814 on: September 29, 2018, 04:00:34 pm »

How do trade goods work? Is it as simple as "if the civ has access to it through permitted reactions/settled location" they'll bring it, or is there some jerry rigging going on behind the scenes? I know they won't bring DEEP_SPECIAL stuff.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #815 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:22 pm »

technically it's the [SPECIAL] tag but both [DEEP_SPECIAL] + [DEEP_SURFACE] both imply [SPECIAL] (much like INTELLIGENT is CAN_LEARN + CAN_SPEAK)

But yes generally if a civ owns land that encompasses a material (ore, creature, wood, etc) they will have access to it and thus be able to trade it. PERMITTED_REACTIONs normally allow free access to BARs thus why if a dwarven civ can't trade IRON aka don't have IRON in their settled and owned lands they still have STEEL because of the reactions that produce BARs of STEEL.

but you can have materials not be tradable AND not be used by RNG if you tack on [SPECIAL]

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 30, 2018, 02:18:02 am »

I am thinking about a modded plant, that could provide milk, if parts of it are mashed into a paste, then squeezed.

Now, I am looking at the "PRESS_OIL" reaction, and am thinking that I could define the materials in such a way as to use that - which would result in jugs of this hypothetical plant milk.

But, I am wondering what happens then - can the "make cheese" reaction use jugs of milk, or does it require barrels ? would citizens automatically pour jugs of plant milk into barrels ?

my thinking about the material would be that the plant product, would have the "material_reaction_product:press_liquid_mat:local_plant_mat:milk", which would use the milk template (though iirc, only creature milk is defined, so it would need a plant milk template)

also, could this be done with animal products - say you wanted an animal to have some organ that would produce some liquid when squeezed, can that be done ?

after some testing... it's perfectly possible. Citizens will use jugs of milk to turn it into cheese. So that's OK.

and animals with a tissue type that is a glob, that produces a liquid when pressed, that works too, and can use the "press liquid from paste" reaction just fine as well.

So, that was easy enough. woo!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:24:41 pm by Kat »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #817 on: September 30, 2018, 01:43:31 pm »

technically it's the [SPECIAL] tag but both [DEEP_SPECIAL] + [DEEP_SURFACE] both imply [SPECIAL] (much like INTELLIGENT is CAN_LEARN + CAN_SPEAK)

But yes generally if a civ owns land that encompasses a material (ore, creature, wood, etc) they will have access to it and thus be able to trade it. PERMITTED_REACTIONs normally allow free access to BARs thus why if a dwarven civ can't trade IRON aka don't have IRON in their settled and owned lands they still have STEEL because of the reactions that produce BARs of STEEL.

but you can have materials not be tradable AND not be used by RNG if you tack on [SPECIAL]

Very helpful, thank ya!

Porjate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 01, 2018, 04:51:12 am »

Is it possible to have an armour piece that only covers either the lower or upper section of the torso? For example, the Warhammer Ogres have a gut plate that only covers their gut, leaving both their upper torso and legs exposed. From my fairly limited knowledge of how armour works, it seems both parts of the torso are always covered by default, and the only other option would be to have leg armour with an UBSTEP of 1, which still covers the upper legs. Is there a possible work-around for this?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 01, 2018, 07:13:00 am »

Lower body-only armor exists already, but I don't think there's any way to make upper body-exclusive armor.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 01, 2018, 07:21:50 am »

Pants (including the metal ones) can be made to cover only the lower body, if you set the [LBSTEP:number] to 0.
The body armor, however, will always cover the entire torso. The only thing you can change here is to lover the [COVERAGE:percentage] value, but that will affect the overall blockchance for this armor piece.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #821 on: October 02, 2018, 03:29:44 pm »

Is there an easier way to test workshops/custom reactions then making a world, embarking, and manually testing everything? Failing that, is there a comprehensive list of stuff that'll make a workshop not show up for construction? I recently did some tests (not for a workshop specifically, but it was on the list) and found the workshop not showing up, despite everything, as far as I'm aware, being fine. It was sharing a hotkey with another workshop which might've been doing it, but I'm unsure, and I'd just like to streamline this in the future if I can!

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 02, 2018, 06:06:44 pm »

How do I make creatures made of steam? I see that some creatures like forgotten beasts and angels can be made of steam,  but I'm not finding steam or water in any of the material raws.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #823 on: October 03, 2018, 09:15:18 am »

How do I make creatures made of steam? I see that some creatures like forgotten beasts and angels can be made of steam,  but I'm not finding steam or water in any of the material raws.
Hardcoded materials are in the executable, not in the raws.
Here's them extracted, water (steam), mud, filth, grime, salt etc...
coal, ash, amber, glass, lye, vomit
http://www.dfwk.ru/Hardcoded_materials.txt

use WATER material and set a 110 C body temperature, I guess.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 03, 2018, 11:04:35 am »

Nope, fire immunity so far cannot be added through syndromes. The fireimmune tokens themselves doesn't actually grant it either, its just an AI switch so the creature knows it can path through heated areas (name's a holdover from much older versions, before creature materials were really a thing).

Alright, so I need to go about this in another way.

Can I use body morphing syndromes to alter the character's tissue?

I'm thinking of creating separate body material templates that are fire-resistant and using a syndrome to change their tissues into it. Can this be done?
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 120