Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185295 times)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #765 on: September 01, 2018, 02:20:13 pm »

Firstly, I believe when I was doing my testruns I was able to use Stone for walls and floor, but that was once all the wood was gone, I could be misremembering this, or this was a feature that I wasn't aware DFHack added.

Second, It is unfortunately hardcoded to only allow Carpenter's Workshop, and no others. DFHack would be required for more buildings to be added. (unsure if there is a mod/hack for this)

I tried placing some granite boulders with DFHack's create-items command and designating a wall, floor, and carpenter workshop. Couldn't use the stone. picked them up and put them down to make sure the game realized they exist. Nope. Tried again with marble blocks. Same results. When it comes to walls and floors, the interface specifically requests wood logs, and the materials list would sooner list every type of wood in the game than allow stone.
However, furniture is much more lenient, allowing stone and metal objects, despite stating it requires a wooden object. Huh, neat.
At least there's always advfort.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:38:51 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 01, 2018, 06:37:45 pm »

Without DFHack, the best you could do is a custom reaction that lets you make stone 'logs' out of small rocks, which should work for construction and in the carpenter workshop, but would be somewhat hacky.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 01, 2018, 10:58:25 pm »

Without DFHack, the best you could do is a custom reaction that lets you make stone 'logs' out of small rocks, which should work for construction and in the carpenter workshop, but would be somewhat hacky.

that's actually a good idea lol, the ability to "dye" logs using reactions to make logs from a tree that won't naturally spawn.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 02, 2018, 06:37:56 am »

Playing around with adding syndromes to raw food. Just for testing I had severity at 1K with a 100% prob.
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:eating raw/undercooked intestines]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000]
        [CE_FEVER:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:120:PEAK:480:END:1200:DWF_STRETCH:4] <-------
[CE_PAIN:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:120:PEAK:480:END:1200:DWF_STRETCH:4] <-------
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:120:PEAK:480:END:1200:DWF_STRETCH:4] <-------
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:DISGUST:SEV:15:PROB:10:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:AVERSION:SEV:15:PROB:10:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:UNHAPPINESS:SEV:15:PROB:10:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:WORRY:SEV:25:PROB:50:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:UNEASINESS:SEV:10:PROB:15:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:ENJOYMENT:SEV:10:PROB:15:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:INTEREST:SEV:10:PROB:25:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
Unfortunately, after eating prepared intestines, an arena dwarf developed fever and nausea that never went away. Is that because severity was at 1K?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #769 on: September 02, 2018, 08:32:24 am »

Shouldn't it be due to DWRF_STRETCH:4? Since that essentially means the duration is quadrupled. Should only apply to fortress mode but I don't know how arena interacts with it.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 03, 2018, 11:13:57 pm »

If multiple [ADJECTIVE:x]'s were added to a weapon, would it randomly choose between the adjectives or would it only use the first one listed?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #771 on: September 03, 2018, 11:30:16 pm »

I think it'd take the "last" one

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 04, 2018, 02:40:49 pm »

-- Its been a few years since I've really dived into dwarf fortress (I foolishly thought Toady One's mythology worldgen features were really 'coming soon' and stopped playing until they came out; which was uh, awhile ago).

In that time the number of mods has dramatically increased, but a lot of stuff seems out of date/hard to sort through.

1. Is there anything I should know 'basic essential improvement/bugfixing-wise' before starting a new game after a few years away?

2. Is there a resource which just like - gives mod reviews, or like a 'this is stuff you should know about the bajillion utilities while you've been away' or anything like that?

I almost installed a fix mod from the mod threads and then realized it was hideously out of date, so it might be better if I just ask.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #773 on: September 04, 2018, 03:30:47 pm »

1. Not particularly - stress is, for the most part, fixed, but could require additional tweaks (making aboveground forts in rainy biomes is rather painful due to the negative moodlets from rain stacking up) - giving dwarves innate discipline may help.

2. Unfortunately there's no mod featurette/review thing going on - you'd just have to look over them yourself on mod releases or ask around on the discord.  Regarding utilities like DFhack, Armok Vision or the rapist, they still serve the same functions.

People who played pre-40 versions may be able to give more detailed answers regarding some of the other differences.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #774 on: September 05, 2018, 07:00:24 am »

2. Is there a resource which just like - gives mod reviews, or like a 'this is stuff you should know about the bajillion utilities while you've been away' or anything like that?
There's an incomplete list of mods, graphics packs, and utilities at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28829.0
No reviews though.

For modders there's a crude guide by me, listing what you need to update from DF 2012 to DF 2014. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12296
It took me 22-28 hours to update OldGenesis from 2012 to 2014.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:02:56 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 05, 2018, 03:08:34 pm »

Thank you kindly both of you for the responses! They were both very helpful!

Especially as it took less then an evening worth of playing to make me want to dive back into modding; aaaacccccck. There used to be more minimods back in the day, but now even the minomods add like a dozen+ civs. How disruptive to the game is that? I'm currently pondering whether its worth it for me to go to the effort of trying to cobble up a dedicated Antmen (Antwomen, technically I suppose) minimod for personal use. There are two current mods which add in some variant of them with a huge bundle, and one defunct dedicated mod. I'm kinda....kinda....tempted to try.

As I recall, I tried this back in DF 2012, but there were numerous problems which prevented it; but now that Animalmen can join a civ proper....might be more doable. ..... must....not....get...sucked....back....in.....

THE BLACK HOLE BECKONS, AAAAH!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #776 on: September 05, 2018, 03:45:02 pm »

I personally don't find it that disruptive, considering I play with every single one of my mods enabled along with some personal stuff (which results in 158 civ files in total). For smaller worlds it makes it more random who exactly pops up in the world, for bigger ones, well, adventure mode definitely has most parts of the world have completely different inhabitants, and fort mode embarks are all quite different in terms of who comes to trade and who decides to siege me.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 05, 2018, 08:04:32 pm »

Shouldn't it be due to DWRF_STRETCH:4? Since that essentially means the duration is quadrupled. Should only apply to fortress mode but I don't know how arena interacts with it.

Thanks. That fixed it!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #778 on: September 06, 2018, 06:13:50 am »

but now that Animalmen can join a civ proper....might be more doable. ..... must....not....get...sucked....back....in.....

" Loom toppled by Suxo Slurobtomsu, Yeti Bard. "
" Trade Depot destroyed by Biz Laguriyearriko, Yeti Scholar. " [from my gamelogs]
Oops clumsy visitors, too large for dwarf halls :-P
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2018, 08:13:19 am »

How can you modify the Bronze Colossus (or other inorganic creatures like some forgotten beasts) such that you can "butcher" the corpse, for a huge pile of bronze bars ?

I remember in a previous game, a FB made of stone appeared, and I could not get rid of its corpse - I'd like to be able to do something like butcher it into a pile of stone blocks, or something like that.

I've fiddled with stuff and added [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:BAR:NONE] to the metal template in material_template_default.txt and removing [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] from the bronze colossus in the creature_standard.txt and in the arena mode, pressing the key to butcher corpse parts turns them into bronze bars... but it doesn't work in fortress mode. Why not ? :-\
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 120